Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

6 bolt TE37s need to be bigger in size than 5 bolts because of the difference in PCD and bore size which shortens the length of the spokes and makes them look poo poo. 37s are a great looking wheel if they're in a decent size with dish and offset.

poo poo:

Sweet:

Same goes for virtually all wheels designs though, flat wheels look like crap 99% of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

With a better offset those Kia rims would look pretty boss. Just like of those Smart rims were flat they'd look poop. The science is sound.

*edit: content from https://kyushashoes.com/ which is possibly the biggest library of rare old Japanese wheels on the internet. There's so so many.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Aug 21, 2018

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Buy Japanese wheels, I'm fairly positive they all have a bronze option and have done for quite some time!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Cage posted:

There are some good wheels here, but man nothing beats a good ol soft 8 with some meat on it.

Soft 8s look great on so many cars, they're still on my list for once I've sorted the bodywork and thrown wider rear arches on my car so they'll be deeeep. :black101:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The latter just look the same as what you've got on it so would be a bit of a waste in terms of aesthetics imo.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Grakkus posted:

I'm looking for some good bronze paint codes to paint a set of wheels on a red car. The best I've found is Fiat 750F, which is pretty nice, but I'm also looking for a lighter gold-bronze, something like this:

Any thoughts/suggestions?

A friend of mine has somewhat of a hard on for bronze, I'll find out what swatches he got recently for his wheels and from where so you can maybe take a look.

Laserface posted:

Sort of what I was thinking, but I do really like the oem wheels too, and did consider just adding 20mm spacers to push them out a bit more. They're very curb rashes though.

The bronze would be easy to keep clean, I guess :v:

Considered just painting the OEM ones + spacers ?? They're nice wheels...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Grakkus posted:

I'm looking for some good bronze paint codes to paint a set of wheels on a red car. The best I've found is Fiat 750F, which is pretty nice, but I'm also looking for a lighter gold-bronze, something like this:

Any thoughts/suggestions?

My guy got his swatches from here... https://www.prismaticpowders.com he had 6/7 delivered and has settled on luxury bronze

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Laserface posted:

Croooober appears to be endorsed by upgarage as their worldwide broker and Jesse wants to skim 10% off the purchase price so he's not cheaper.

Guess I'll go with croober!

Friend bought a set of weirdly sized and impossible to get anywhere else 5x114.3 Watanabes from Croooooooooooober and there was no issue with the service at all.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Sick but not $3500 sick...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

They look like a 1 piece Blitz copy

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

A friend of mine has just done exactly what the thread title is...

:whatup:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

That's where the wheels will sit, yeah but he's going for a bosozoku fully-overfendered look to stay somewhat inside the law.

This kinda vibe:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Dude that's doing it is a special case though and I fully support his madness. He's like another friend of mine, they're both great because they always take things to extremes and I know where I want to be is like a few steps back from that :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I recently (yesterday) found out about Enkei BIG END RODDERS. Apart from having the coolest name of any wheel ever, they're actually pretty sweet.

Like all the coolest wheels though they're 4-bolt and super rare.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Guys. I love these. :allears:

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u284932198?fbclid=IwAR3QiWXXRZQ0yAaYXn90uiECheB5VZZ76Qtj8LThueUD0YldP26cBnm1_qE

TINT, A fashionable way for an exhilarating leisure!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

BraveUlysses posted:

My sources say the death penalty is being considered for three spoke wheel owners. I am pro-life and take no pleasure in reporting this.

Your sources are sad and should learn to enjoy life more.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

BraveUlysses posted:

its a parody of an infamous tweet but three point wheels are loving awful

I just posted :krad: wheels right there which disprove that point though...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

There are definitely lovely 3 spokes out there, same as any number of spokes though. IMO, lovely 3 spokes:

Cool 3 spokes that work with the car they're attached to:

I think they're a lot harder to get 'right' in terms of outright design and indeed making them work on a car. Let me just say here I've never actually been that much of a fan of 3 spokes until I saw a set of Advan sa3r in a decent size with proper dish and offset. And that offset can have a dramatic effect on wheels to the point where it will make cool wheels look poo poo, same with sizing.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

3 spoke wheels are 15.4% good

This would make 19.5 spoke wheels 100.1% good.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jun 26, 2019

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Yeah the car looks fantastic but the wheels are the worst of the soft curve 90s fad that afflicted so much of the industry, they're the only bad point about the car and luckily are an easily solved problem :v:

dphi posted:

These are actually fine if they're on a body dropped hardbody or something.

Allowable on period minitrucks but again these fall under the 'depending on car' thing.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I get weird targeted ads on instagram and those weird wheels popped up. Iegit want those heart ones... Some boutique US company I stumbled across last week makes them at a cost of like $600 a corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Huh. Today I found out about these Heroes Racing Super Speed wheels which were drilled out to accept a set of spacers that allowed you to use them on both 4x100 and 4x114.3 wheels.