Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Oh hey, a wheel thread. I got a good deal on some old HREs (made for Hennessey) last year and just recently finished rebuilding and cleaning them up.

Ad picture, they were a little rougher than expected:

Faces removed, didn't split the barrels, just added another layer of silicone:

Bolts ran through a tumbler for a day:

*not pictured, dropping $150 on a polisher and zephyr polish kit, fixing curb damage, etc.*

Completed:
Pre/post edit:

Getting tires mounted soon, had delays with a set of TPMS sensors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

thealphabetsez posted:

I had my set of BBS E88 re-finished last year--attempting a bit of a throwback to older BBS themes. Originally they were configured for my E92 with matte black centers (Al), gloss black outer lips, and polished inner barrels. Staggered 19" diameter 9.5fr/10.5r. I would likely change tire sizes for future setups--lessen the sidewall height as well as the stretch :eng99:

A fun picture of them mounted on a past friend (BSM E82 1M):

Oh hey Mason :)

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Speaking of the thread title, buddy at work got his new wheels

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
G35 and they're actually chrome

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

dphi posted:

Getting tires mounted soon, had delays with a set of TPMS sensors.

Forgot to post a picture of the wheels installed

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Olympic Mathlete posted:

IMO, lovely 3 spokes:

These are actually fine if they're on a body dropped hardbody or something.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Somebody made a 3pc homage to the Viper wheels recently

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
If anyone has a video of this in action...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Kazera KZ-Z - They're cast wheels, but other than that I can't speak to their quality.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Tons on Instagram - threepiece.us, vr wheels, wheelsgang, solrestwheels, wheel_good_deals, and many more. Often needing refinishing and priced accordingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Yeah I'd think 205 is fine for a 7.5" wheel, definitely not uncommon.