Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004
I had my set of BBS E88 re-finished last year--attempting a bit of a throwback to older BBS themes. Originally they were configured for my E92 with matte black centers (Al), gloss black outer lips, and polished inner barrels. Staggered 19" diameter 9.5fr/10.5r. I would likely change tire sizes for future setups--lessen the sidewall height as well as the stretch :eng99:

A fun picture of them mounted on a past friend (BSM E82 1M):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Tremek posted:

What wheel manufacturers don't suck?

I want a set of staggered forged stuff for the S65 that's coming to me. 5x112 bolt pattern, 66.6mm hub, I think stock is 8.5" wide fronts and 9.5" wide rears, I want 20s, ET stock is 38 or 39mm both F&R. It's a w221 so I think I can get away with 255/35/20 up front and 285/30/20 in the rear without rubbing if I stick to these wheel sizes, thinking I'll put Michelin Pilot Sport 4s on it.

Have been cruising ebay for various OEM stuff (I really like the 16 spoke stock wheels that came on W222 S65s, and frankly if I could scare up a set in the bronze/copper that MB is putting on the S65 Final Edition I'd be down for that if they weren't $10k if you could even order them.)

I have also been looking for HRE, ADV.1, BBS, and maybe a few others? I find it impressively hard to judge what's rank Chinesium and what isn't. I think we all can relate to the general state of terribleness that are all car forums and the opinions contained therein.

Stay away from ADV.1. Shouldn't even be a maker that is mentioned in the same sentence as other makers such as BBS or HRE. Plenty of nonsense and crap quality produced by ADV.1, much of the shenanigans were captured on the E9X M3 bimmerpost forum.

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

um excuse me posted:

Wheel companies I like:

BBS
Work
Rays
Advan
SSR
Enkei
Weds
Watanabe
CCW
OZ
HRE

If I may propose adding one name, a name that appears to be coming back from the dead: Fikse. Tremendous respect for their products, quite popular during the early 2000's. Recently they have been driving a marketing push to regain name recognition at least as indicated by the number of posts I'm coming across on Instagram. I believe they were acquired by a wheel barrel manufacturer??