Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Any tips on cleaning the 20" multispokes on a 2016 TTS? I've tried some cheapo wheel cleaner and a few brushes I have, but there is a ring that goes around the face of the wheel, behind the spokes, that is impossible or very difficult to access and clean.

Someone has mentioned a product called Dragons Breath, but it didn't appear to be for sale in the US. Is there an equivalent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

um excuse me posted:

That's an insane photo, the wheels almost look like they're glowing.

For reference we're talking about these?

And the ring your referencing is the ridge on the outside perimeter recessed in the wheel?

I use a spoke brush, specifically this one. It looks like there have since been better spoke brushes designed, but I can only speak for the one I own. The bristles are large enough where stuffing them through, assuming there's over an inch of clearance, reaches corners and edges. I mention the clearance because it will get difficult to use the brush as the gap gets smaller. I actually have a second smaller brush for smaller spaces.

Other than a spoke brush, a power washer and a penetrating degreaser are going to be your best bet.

Yep, those are the wheels. I have a similar brush. I think you either have to have a flexible brush that bends at a right angle or just go in with a mitt and squeeze your hands behind the spokes to clean the area I was mentioning.

I might just be too lazy. I have a friend who has bought a pressure washer, foam Cannon, and an RO filter so maybe we'll just start doing car washes at his place.

What kind of degreaser do you recommend?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Rotas will literally explode and kill your wife and the next three generations of your family. Or at least that's what the car forums used to say 10-15 years ago.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Terrible Robot posted:

I saw a new Civic sitting on some wheels that looked very similar to these yesterday, with a nice drop. It looked good.

I'm trying to find the photo, but I know I took one a long time ago of a 90s civic with C4 corvette wheels-- that look sort of like this.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Any idea if pristine OEM 1st Gen Mazdaspeed3 wheels have any value or what they could be sold for? I have a set with like 15k miles that have been sitting in my garage or shed for the past several years. No idea if I should even bother trying to sell them or just include them with the car if/when I ever sell it since I have RPF1s on the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
RPF-1s are pretty common everywhere, unless you want something more exotic.

I bought the 17x8 RPF-1s for my MS3 off a WRX owner.