Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifisto

lmbo calrissian posted:

Are there still characters open? I would like one!

So far some of my faves are E, B, and R.

for you, there are always characters open!

your character is "v" (lower case V). doesn't have to be for vendetta, could be for . . . vape, or vibraslap (one of my favorite percussion instruments just because of the name), or vermicious knid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limeicebreakers

oh this is my first time visiting byob, im definitely qualified to make a great font

Papa Was A Video Toaster

i wanna go again!

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
I'm glad people like the dancing cats. Can I have capital S? I have an idea that I think would work best for that letter

Manifisto

limeicebreakers posted:

oh this is my first time visiting byob, im definitely qualified to make a great font

hi limeicebreakers! happy to have you stop by.

you're welcome to participate, we love having lurkers/newbies join in (as long as it's in good faith and doesn't really clash with our sort of lighthearted/easygoing forum atmosphere).

I've assigned you the number 5 - go nuts! also feel free to introduce yourself in the "hello & chat" thread, that's what it's for.

Manifisto

TVsVeryOwn posted:

i wanna go again!

you got it! you've drawn a punctuation mark, the pound sign (#). very crucial if we're going to hashtag stuff! #fontlyfe #rznv

Manifisto

blaise rascal posted:

I'm glad people like the dancing cats. Can I have capital S? I have an idea that I think would work best for that letter

you know the rule, we have to see if anyone wants to fight you for it.

oh hey, that guy over there--nah, I guess he was just yawning.

looks like you're good! "S" (capital s) is yours!

limeicebreakers

sick, i'll head on over there then

Manifisto

limeicebreakers posted:

sick, i'll head on over there then

I like it a lot! thanks for pitching in!

Manifisto

font contest is closing very soon, if you're gonna submit something in time for the drawing, now's the time

the font PROJECT itself will still be ongoing, there's no deadline on that, just the drawing for the av cert

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
bad news: i found the wendy's spork and there is no folded napkin included in the package

good news: i found more than 1 spork in my junk drawer

bad news: apparently i am the type of person who owns multiple wendy's sporks still in their plastic packaging and i now need to spend some time drinking and purging my junk drawer

good news: i have enough sporks to make my capital j

:stare:

Manifisto

MockingQuantum posted:

gimme a diffo letter/number, drilldo's D is magnificent and my D does not bear comparison

oh crap I missed this post somehow!

your new character is the mystical number 9. the back half of the sex number, absolutely a key digit.

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

bad news: i found the wendy's spork and there is no folded napkin included in the package

good news: i found more than 1 spork in my junk drawer

bad news: apparently i am the type of person who owns multiple wendy's sporks still in their plastic packaging and i now need to spend some time drinking and purging my junk drawer

good news: i have enough sporks to make my capital j

:stare:

holy crap

lolol

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Manifisto posted:

holy crap

lolol

give that mouse an av cert

Manifisto

okay, the names have gone into the hat, and the winner is . . .

drum roll . . .

punchymcpunch!

:peanut:

good job to all the other entries, your "participant" trophies are in the mail and should arrive in six to eight weeks

punchy, I'll pm you the av cert.

the contest may be over, but the font project continues . . . we're making progress folks, a classic font is in the making, perhaps the next helvetica?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

okay, the names have gone into the hat, and the winner is . . .

drum roll . . .

punchymcpunch!

:peanut:

good job to all the other entries, your "participant" trophies are in the mail and should arrive in six to eight weeks

punchy, I'll pm you the av cert.

the contest may be over, but the font project continues . . . we're making progress folks, a classic font is in the making, perhaps the next helvetica?

am i mailing a spork to anyone?

:ohdear:

Papa Was A Video Toaster

it's an octothorpe

limeicebreakers

TVsVeryOwn posted:

it's an octothorpe

oh big fan of that

may i have another letter? i promise i wont make it five nights at freddies again

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

TVsVeryOwn posted:

it's an octothorpe

i feel like it is waggling in there. I know it isn't, but i can't shake the feeling that it is

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

am i mailing a spork to anyone?

:ohdear:

well I still have the slips, lemme see here, the runner up is . . .

ulvir!

so, international shipping of a spork to norway should be, let's see here, "very reasonable"

Manifisto

TVsVeryOwn posted:

it's an octothorpe

there's a #sucker born every minute

nice!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

well I still have the slips, lemme see here, the runner up is . . .

ulvir!

so, international shipping of a spork to norway should be, let's see here, "very reasonable"

my only condition is that ulvir treats the spork like a flat stanley and posts pictures of it's many adventures

Manifisto

limeicebreakers posted:

may i have another letter? i promise i wont make it five nights at freddies again

sure! your next character is "m" (lower case M). a fine letter that one, easy to say with your mouth closed.

punchymcpunch

hi id like to thank the academy and all the snakes i copy pasted onto my s

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

Manifisto posted:

for you, there are always characters open!

your character is "v" (lower case V). doesn't have to be for vendetta, could be for . . . vape, or vibraslap (one of my favorite percussion instruments just because of the name), or vermicious knid.

how did you know my first name starts with V...

ulvir

Luvcow posted:

my only condition is that ulvir treats the spork like a flat stanley and posts pictures of it's many adventures

I could treat it as my "middle-eastern restaurant spork" and show it off with various dishes like dolma, kebbeh, falafels, hummus etc

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

you'll get your capital Y when you pry it from my cold dead hands

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I'm holding it for ransom, this font will never be completed.

It's doubly valuable because it's a consonant and a vowel.

Opening bid is all of the diamonds.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Manifisto

alnilam

poor manifisto was forced to use the lowercase y in that image because the uppercase one was missing

punchymcpunch

das kapital..... y

punchymcpunch

do you ever make a post and then go back to check that it makes sense and then read it twice and youre still not sure

alnilam

punchymcpunch posted:

do you ever make a post and then go back to check that it makes sense and then read it twice and youre still not sure

sir this is a FontsRUs drive thru

limeicebreakers

press y to pay respects

Manifisto

punchymcpunch posted:

lol if u ever reread your posts, just lol

Manifisto

I barely even write my posts

FluffieDuckie

alnilam posted:

poor manifisto was forced to use the lowercase y in that image because the uppercase one was missing

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
y tho

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

ulvir posted:

I could treat it as my "middle-eastern restaurant spork" and show it off with various dishes like dolma, kebbeh, falafels, hummus etc

spork has been sent to norway. it's a small and friendly country so i'm assuming you'll easily be able to get it from whomever receives mail addressed to "norway".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

spork has been sent to norway. it's a small and friendly country so i'm assuming you'll easily be able to get it from whomever receives mail addressed to "norway".

did you sent it by Fjordal Express

• Locked thread