Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

I wouldn't say ArtStation is flooded with AI. There's an option to hide AI posts, and the ones that aren't labeled and slip through usually have angry comments to the effect of "why didn't you tag this as AI?" The community in general is still pretty against it. And to be honest, once you've seen enough raw or raw-ish AI output, you can usually tell it apart at a glance.

The trending pages will be intimidating/inspiring no matter what, you're looking at the top voted content from the entire world. For a more realistic survey you can switch to "latest" instead, and see plenty of posts that at or around your level, whatever it may be.

Also worth keeping in mind that ArtStation has always been about entertainment industry jobs. That covers a lot of ground/styles and includes a lot of really awesome people, but it's not a full view of art. I'm browsing it less nowadays too, and getting more out of seeing the posts from artists I follow, vs the megafeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU