Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HorseHeadBed
May 6, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Have we got a CG specific thread, or anyone who's good with Blender who could help me work out why the icing on my doughnut is just refusing to render?

I was really proud of myself for making a spoon - yes, a whole spoon - all by myself, but somehow I have made the icing invisible, but only when rendering, and Google hasn't helped so far.

There's a CG thread here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2877226

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseHeadBed
May 6, 2009

Cicero posted:

Is there anything like how flash used to be for making basic animations? I think my eleven year old son would get a kick out of it, but it would need to be really simple to use, like flash was.

If you've got a Mac, Tumult Hype is a pretty good Flash equivalent for HTML 5. I think the new version has shape tweening, but I haven't used it myself.