Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Are any of you folks familiar with Wacom tablets? There is a fellow selling a Wacom Intuos in my area that is pretty well priced, but it appears to be one of the older blue and white models. Are there any advantages in the apparently newer sku of all black tablets vs the older ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

This appears to be the model being offered. They only want $20 and claim it's in excellent condition, so I'm guessing it's particularly old (or stolen).

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Ended up grabbing a modern version new in box for $50 so I'm ok with that. Any recommended editors or tutorials or such for someone starting out with this stuff? I mainly picked this up for Blender texturing but I'd be interested in fiddling around with something more traditional. I saw that Painter 6 has a Bob Ross tutorial line that looked like a lot of fun, but it seems the freeware version that comes with the tablet just won't work with it.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

My understanding is you have to get a more expensive version of the program to have the features needed to follow along. It’s kind of lovely as it’s the first thing you see when you click the “how do I use this program” link upon starting up. Oh well.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Sorry, but can one of you explain what you’re talking about? A drawing contest of some sort?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I saw that Krita updated to the weed version today. Can anyone recommend a good intro to drawing/digital drawing on Udemy or any of the assorted video platforms that uses that suite? I've really enjoyed going through Ben Tristem's courses for game dev and modeling, so anything like that would be a bonus.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I'd be interested in some feedback for this clip if someone would be willing to provide any. I'm pretty happy with it from the aspect of the camera tracking working well, but I'm not really satisfied with how the turns at the 2 and 4 second marks have turned out. Any tips would be appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xdqHNoYvz0

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I think I'll go back and offset the XY translation (local to the planes) by a frame or two after the roll and see how that looks. I was hoping that the curves of the animation line doohickey could help with the between frames, but that's clearly not the case. The easing into the turn should be able to be addressed via adjusting some curves though. I think/hope. I still don't really have a handle on the toolset quite yet.

lofi posted:

The turns look way too sudden to me - I'm not an aircraft-knower, but they look like they've not got any momentum or weight.

Any tips or recommended reading on how to implement this sort of thing off the top of your head?

Warbird fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jul 29, 2019

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I’ve considered doing something like that for Wireframe. Do you pick the subject or do they?

Edit: Autocorrect

Warbird fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Mar 5, 2020

Warbird
May 23, 2012

That is the quintessential Blender experience, yes. My hand slipped the other night and I had to spend 15 minutes trying to figure out why most of my UI was no longer showing up. Good times.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Is there a term for an art style that uses pixel based art on 3D models? I’m specifically thinking of that early PSX low poly aesthetic.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I’d be inclined to agree for the back in the day stuff for sure. Byproduct of memory limitations and such. I didn’t know I’d the new wave of that style of things had prompted an umbrella term or not. Example because I’m a dummy and didn’t include one earlier: https://blenderartists.org/t/pixel-art-3d-models/1122114

Warbird
May 23, 2012

If you’re feeling froggy we have an ongoing comic jam a rolling over in GBS. Post another panel or two; I’m curious as to what sort of operation you were running there.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

That’s primo avatar material right there friend.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I made a thread about the medium I am most passionate about and ain't nobody postin in it. :ohdear:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3939443 What did I do wrong with my OP?

Idk op it seems like a good post. Goons have posted a couple of my visualizer videos it seems; if you’re looking for content I can drop a few in there as I make more.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Check up thread a bit to back around the time the low tax news broke. Folks made a number of fallback discords around then.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Art goons, what’s been the NFT talk in your circles? One of the big blender content creators has been going super hard into them and I don’t know if he’s an outlier or not. On one hand I totally get that there are problems with monetizing your work as an artist that the whole concept in theory helps address, but on the other, you know, the environment.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 13, 2021

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Name names or mostly random strings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

HungryMedusa posted:

Regular desktop printers don't have white ink, no. Can you print the orange and leave the letters white (no ink) ?

This is actually a common misconception. All printer ink is actually white to start with but you just have to wait a long time or use the cartridge enough to get it to trigger the chemical change to get it to revert back to white.