Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
remember when Doug TenNapel co-boarded an early scrapped adventure time episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I wanna hear more about this plz tell me.

There were 4 different early AT episodes that were boarded but scrapped (which is why some of the season 1 eps have weird production codes); two of them had their storyboards released online:

One of them was Brothers in Insomnia, which was the first episode boarded by the season 1 team of Luther McLaurin and the late Armen Mirzaian (the same team that boarded a scrapped early version of Freak City and the fully produced episodes The Jiggler, Business Time, and What Is Life?; Luther stayed on for one more episode after Armen left, doing Henchman with Cole Sanchez). Some elements from this ended up in the season 6 episode Little Brother

The other was The Glorriors, which was boarded by Joe Horne (who's been in the industry since the mid 80's, working at places like DiC, Disney TV Animation, and Warner Bros) and Doug TenNapel (who's done stuff with Frederator in the past, including two pilots for Random Cartoons, the same show the AT pilot was made for, so it's not out of left field when you think about it). Apparently some elements ended up in Sons of Mars, which is why Doug got story credit on that episode, but I'm not really seeing any connections.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

https://twitter.com/_ibcf_/status/950078736942051328
I joined this server a few days ago and I feel that some of you guys might be interested in it (particularly FunkyAl)

edit: oh poo poo semi-nevermind, didn't realize you were already here funky

Digamma-F-Wau fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jun 26, 2018

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

One truth about the world is that the Agents of Satan are unwitting, and this applies whether he's an actual being that exists or just a metaphor for an aspect of humanity

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

yeah it seems like most artists who benefit from suffering do so once they're in a position where they're no longer suffering

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

:airquote:CalArts:airquote:

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

anyways my art style is "doodle-core trying to ape the likes of Robertryan Cory, Paul Villeco, and Dave Alegre"

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

FunkyAl posted:

I think neo dadaism is administered and exploited by corporations moreso than it is a reaction to them

Yeah they're definitely trying to exploit it. The neo dadaist stuff "administered" by them tends to be a lot less funny and a lot more cringey than stuff that comes from the average online shitposter though (though then again there's a line where knowing where it comes from colors how it's viewed)

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

honestly that seems pretty tame. Like you mostly hang out in the normal part of deviant and a mildly weird part of deviantart that's not the weird part of deviantart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

move with your arm, not with your wrist