Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
toot toot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
hello, friend

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i am writing a novel about a man with a plan

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
when i was a kid i used to draw all the time and my people looked like pyramidal gooey-eyed alien things but i didn't care. now i can't draw because every time i try, i look at what i just made and think "that's not a loving human, that's a space crab in a skin suit, kill it, KILL IT" and have to tear it out and throw it away. i don't know at what age i learnt to recognise what does and doesn't look like a human face, it was only like in my mid-20s, but i wish i could un-learn it and go back to the horrific manga beasts of old

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
now i can only derive artistic satisfaction from cramming my rear end full of conte pencils and leaving a trail of finely powdered charcoal wherever i go, an ephemeral monument to my passage through this world

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

Sitting Here posted:

is this art? am i looking at an art right now???
no sorry, i'm just a space crab in a skin suit

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i used to have four goats - two piebald, one brown and one pure white. the piebald and brown goats were quite normal and delightful. the white goat was a wild-eyed demon sprite who would not let herself be touched by human hands and screamed constantly in the voice of a woman. eventually i had to plan to move back to the city, so all the goats went together to live with a nice family an hour's drive away. weeks after they left, a wildfire went through that area and everything was destroyed

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
the secret to being a good farmer is sometimes you just have to accept that one of your animals belongs to the LORD

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
cats

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
not a shitpost: i am making actual progress on a novel for the first time in my life, my super secret technique is to write it out in longhand with pen and hand the pages one by one to my mother, who hides them from me so i can't destroy them in a fit of rage and ennui as has happened every single time i've tried to do it digitally or in an exercise book that i knew how to find. for as long as i can remember i've been able to keep up a creative endeavour for six months at most before i suddenly become enraged at my own hubris and attack the project, like saturn devouring his children

i'm aware this post makes me sound dangerously unbalanced and that's ok

this broken hill fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 21, 2018

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
mum hasn't yet read the novel, when she does she'll probably destroy me in a fit of rage and ennui, as is the natural order of things

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i crush the heads of serpents weekly, sometimes daily, under my mighty heel (cooch), fulfilling the ancient prophecies and asserting myself as the one who is risen (horny)

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i thought i wanted to make a webcomic but all i actually wanted to do was draw long, lustrous, beautiful hair

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
anyway, if you're like me and struggle with linework because uneven or wobbly lines give you the jitters and trying to do lines on a tablet ends up with countless hours zoomed in to 60x magnification smoothing meticulously while your life marches on without you, traditional inking might work better for you. a .5 pen gives a perfect smooth line every time!

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i used a dip pen for a few months and loved the way the lines look and the actual feel of working with it, but it just needed too much maintenance and slowed me down too much; plus the added suspense of never knowing when it was going to randomly puke up a big blob of ink and ruin my drawing was fraying my dainty nerves. now i use mechanical pens. they're pretty wasteful though because you can't refill them, so i'm trying to use a brush and ink instead when i can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i had a chicken called the koh-i-noor but he was killed by a goshawk