Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

it is once again time for my favourite thing, creating an online art portfolio to sit for approximately three months before i delete it in a fit of paranoia. what are the cool portfolio sites nowadays?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

mutata posted:

Artstation is the digital art portfolio of choice at the moment.
oh i hadn't even heard of that one! thank you :h:

someday i hope for a new tumblr, a place where one can share art and get into incredibly stupid arguments with strangers simultaneously

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

mutata posted:

With Twitter in the state it's in (and me having deleted that poo poo ages ago anyway), a few folks have trickled back to Tumblr. I've been looking at it as just a general posting place, but then I ask myself "what am I posting and why, though?" and I just end up doing nothing, lol.
lol thanks for this, it made me stop and think and realise that maybe my art is better off without being inextricably attached to my posts

a strange fowl fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 8, 2022

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

i understand the concern. every time you draw a good picture, you've just created a brand new visual symbol. ai makes it so that the symbol you've made can then be taken and used for any other purpose without any legal recourse. it's sickening to imagine some of these potential misuses. good art usually has a lot of emotion tied up in it, it's understandable to be pained by the thought of the product of that emotion being taken and emotionlessly redistributed so that it can possibly be used to evil ends.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

i just hit an upload limit on artstation! will they let me upload more tomorrow, or am i limited to 5 projects?

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

nvm it's just a 24 hour thing

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

having an out-of-body experience scrolling through curly fonts on dafont. all those fonts, all those curly letters meticulously crafted by all those people, building their own ephemeral frame around the language for others to use for just a moment in time

i had to make a font at university and it was loving terrible. it was terrible

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

the frilliest fonts spin me out the most. i find myself thinking, "who are you"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

i finally drew the pegasus for my friend and now they want me to draw a page that's all human faces they are trying to kill me