Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sharpest Crayon posted:

My friend told me there's a movement to not show short-snout dogs because of the health problems, and as it happens, the universe decided to prove her point as I read an article about dogs that had the addendum that the picture of the dog in the article was changed from a pug to another dog because the Finnish Vet Union recommends not showing pics of short-snout dogs.

I am heartbroken. I've always had this same love-hate relationship with pugs, where I love their chonky bodies and goofy faces but recognize that they should not exist as they are. The same with any fat animals, too! They are adorable! But in real life, fat pets are unhappy and unhealthy. So I enjoy drawn pics of both, because that's not hurting anyone. Right?
I'm not so sure anymore. I'd appreciate your thoughts, because I painted The Cutest Pug and now I'm second-guessing if that should exist, either.

Don't non hosed up pug breeds now exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sharpest Crayon posted:

One does not simply un-gently caress a pug.

I'm serious, I think some people were pleading with dog shows to allow the non-hosed pug breed to compete, and not use a life of suffering as the benchmark for what constitutes a good example.

Speaking of what you guys are talking about, I do a mix of design poo poo, and have a homepage http://rodtronics.design which currently points to my tumblr, which I've tried to make homepage like. I was using squarespace but $30/mo is too much for this stage in my career anyway.

Have you guys got any great suggestions as to what would make a good homepage? I sell things thru etsy, so it only needs to be able to link to my shop rather than sell from itself. I use insta and twitter (and facebook kinda) but as support.

Tumblr seems mostly fine except I can't find a theme I really love, and I guess it'll keep going for years before it really dies.

Maybe I need to spend more time exploring the paid themes

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Spoke Lee posted:

So I'm new to 3d modeling and have been dicking around with different programs to see what works for me. So far Blender is my favorite, except one thing has been killing me trying to figure out, and for some reason even google isn't helping. How the hell can I dock the file browser and have it show thumbnails for like .fbx or something?

I'm not sure about docking it, although there is a plugin that can give floating windows to blender.. but thumbnails are achieved by clicking the small box up the top which has four squares in it. not sure tho if it will generate thumbnails for fbx though

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:worship:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
What do you hate about it so much? Do you enjoy looking at it?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
fauna

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

a strange fowl posted:

oh i hadn't even heard of that one! thank you :h:

its massive. epic owns it I think now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU