Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Propitious Jerk posted:

Whenever I get disgruntled with my current work I open up a folder of stuff from two or three years ago and boy does it cheer me up to see how much I've improved bum me out to see how much good stuff got wasted by clients with no loving taste or sense of design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

ReverendHammer posted:

Our cosplay/photography team is guesting at a mini-con this weekend. Really looking forward to it since it's at a library and a bit more education focused which we're big on (some members are doing panels on costume planning/budgeting and wig styling). Hopefully we do end up selling more prints compared to a somewhat unofficial outing at a local retrogaming convention.

Now if I could just get another local convention to actually reply to me about our Dealers Room application. I've tried multiple ways to get any info out of them and have been met with pretty much complete silence. Though the fact they have yet to announce any guests less than two months before the event does not give me much confidence.

God drat that Whataburger set. Even without the model, it would still be hot af.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

God drat this is so factual.

https://twitter.com/oikvw/status/1078836783482265601?s=21

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Fish Noise posted:

This could be a drawing meme. Look at old filenames, don't open any, and draw what you think is inside when one catches your eye. Then compare.

:ck5:

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

MockingQuantum posted:

As someone who likes to buy art at shows/conventions/whatevs my range is $20-30 for an 8x10 if I'm buying directly from an artist

for whatever weird psychological reason, I'm much less inclined to spend that much through an online storefront type thing that is run by some third party, I know it doesn't make sense, don't @ me

I'm guilty of having bough some really smashing stuff from Society6. I know they get a cut, but I figure if the artist is selling their poo poo there, they know what they're getting into.

The framing and printing is really good quality.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Fruity20 posted:

i'm in a ipad phase and I wanna buy one for art....any recommendations?

Buy a 2018 Pro. The new models are ridiculously pricy.

If you’re on a budget, the new standard iPad supports Pencil now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Fruity20 posted:

can't wait for college! i pray the dorm-room i get isn't too crowded since i need some room for my cintiq and desktop along with a decent monitor...

Did...you get a room-sized Cintiq or something?