Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

So I want to give a shoutout to a local org near and dear to my heart and their online workshops if anybody might be interested.

ATX Book Arts Center is a makerspace devoted to all things involved in the book making and printing process along with some other tangentially related crafts like papermaking and leatherworking. I've taken several workshops both in person and online and had a lot of fun and learned cool stuff. You don't have to be in Austin since they also have online workshops. I've done one and it went very well and we had people from all over the US in the class. They send you a box with all the supplies needed for the specific projects beforehand and I found the class surprisingly easy to follow along. For someone like me who has zero crafting experience having a teacher to watch perform the work while being able to ask questions and interact was much more helpful than just watching a youtube video.

https://atxbookarts.org/workshops/

The workshops are 10% off until the 14th and they have some neat ones if you are interested in learning any of this. If you are in Austin their in-person letterpress workshop is awesome as they have some really cool presses and you get to do several types of printing projects. Also, if you are in Austin you can join as a member for $50/year and use the space whenever you want.

Anyway, I hope it's ok to post this but they are a non-profit here in town I am involved in and figured there might be some goons who would be interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU