Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So did they ever allow for deleting an account on consoles so I can start over. I’d really love to start over on the PS4 and digest all the stuff the game has but if not I guess I’ll play on the Xbox.

Or on the Switch because that version was just announced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Haven't let us delete accounts, but on PS4 you can just make a new profile and play Warframe on that.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Has anyone else had their ash prime from the stream yet?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

If anyone is playing on the Xbox I'm going to be starting there at some point today. Downloaded and patched everything already, gamertag is PKdeGallo.

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009
No Ash Prime yet.

I finally bit the bullet and did enough Wisp runs to get my 111 Amp. Catching those Murkrays was a pain, though. I do have the tranquilizer, but I can't hit a fish six times without it swimming off. Fortunately the spot I chose was the island in the east, so I could hop to mainland with a Zephyr and continue whittling it down. Are there any +damage modifiers that apply to the harpoon?

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
Use volt, his movement damage build up applies to harpoons. A few steps will let you catch anything with the basic harpoon.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Pay attention to the fish descriptions. The different spears are more effective on different skin types - armoured, smooth or scaled. If it doesn't say, it doesn't matter.

If you're just missing the fish, that's a whole different issue and i'd recommend generally that you aim slightly above where you need to aim.

If you're hitying the fish but not capturing them in one hit, you might be in the wrong area. The big lake is easiest for beginners who only have the starter spear.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
wrong thread n/m

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Skeezy posted:

I’d be down to try it.

NumptyScrub posted:

I'm on Eggs Box and I don't think there is an organised clan per se.

aight cool numpty I’ll add you, down for clan action as I have done none

e: I’m XBOX UNSUCK

SquirrelGrip fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jul 9, 2018

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Ps4 clan requests keep happening in the main thread, probably because this one will drop to page 4+ at least until the switch port arrives.

(Probably need a new title and icon based on that future event too, since we're going to be at big update parity for a few months, until Fortuna.)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I keep meaning to get the main thread OP to add a link, but he is an ancient and powerful creature that requires a special key and I haven't been able to locate enough neuroptic masses IRL.*

* I keep forgetting to ask.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Speaking of which can I get an invite to a PS4 clan? I just started so I’m like at 1 on mastery but I like it so far. Profile name the same as here.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
Heyo, joined the PS4 group, looking to relearn this game. Hope I can join the fun!

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
I'm interested in this but have a couple questions before I jump into it. The original thread is a million pages long and I'm on PS4 anyhow.

This is gonna sound like a dumb question, but is there a way to play this while compensating for the fact. That I can't aim worth poo poo? I have really bad eyesight and twitch stuff gives me trouble.

Any kind of frame abilities that make you so tanky it doesn't matter? Stuff that auto locks? Melee viable as a focus? High contrast feedback on enemies you're targeting?

I know it's free to play but it seems like there's enough content that could make it easier for me to play, but since it'll probably be behind a big grind I want to know before I jump in.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

BurningBeard posted:

I'm interested in this but have a couple questions before I jump into it. The original thread is a million pages long and I'm on PS4 anyhow.

This is gonna sound like a dumb question, but is there a way to play this while compensating for the fact. That I can't aim worth poo poo? I have really bad eyesight and twitch stuff gives me trouble.

Any kind of frame abilities that make you so tanky it doesn't matter? Stuff that auto locks? Melee viable as a focus? High contrast feedback on enemies you're targeting?

I know it's free to play but it seems like there's enough content that could make it easier for me to play, but since it'll probably be behind a big grind I want to know before I jump in.
you can be a big tanky warframe man with a giant laser shotgun with a near full screen spread or an unkillable girllverine that slices everyone open with rage. melee is good and you get powers that can effect an entire map full of mooks

your biggest problem will probably be movement

I should mention everything is going to die fast until you hit the bosses, which if you have a single high mastery ranked dude on your team, will still die fast

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

BurningBeard posted:

If you really pare down the visual effects it might help a lot, but you can build frames that focus around either being a nearly invincible melee killer (and melee is generally "get somewhat near, mash button for me) or being an AoE caster where you literally never have to target anything. There are also many weapons which require not very precise aiming, although they come a bit later into the game.

The other thing to note is that if you are in groups (pubby or otherwise) you get XP for kills any of your teammates make if you are within something like 35 meters of them. So even if you miss every single shot you take in a mission, you can still progress. Also, the community for this game tends to be absolutely amazing, both goons and not, so you can get help for any content you are finding difficult.

Worst case: it cost you the time to download it.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Sweet. PSN is HighOnPyre. Will give it the download. Thanks. Sounds like my poo poo.

I loved Diablo 3 because I only had to worry about buff up times, optimization, positioning, and timing. It seems like this should fit that niche nicely.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

First thing you need to do is change the control style to classic. If you like melee, you need it on R1, or melee is an absolute pig. You can also remap your powers to the D-pad, but reassinging the remaining abilities to the touchpad gets a bit fiddly.

Second thing is to pick Excalibur as your starter frame - not only does he do 10% extra damage with swords, he has the best armour & health out of the starter frames, and it'll really help you survive while you get the hang of aiming. And all of his powers compliment a melee style.

You can absolutely stick to just melee until you hit MR10 and get the Arca Plasmor, which is a hilarious shotgun that fires radioactive fireballs. That'll take a while though, so in the meantime choose something more forgiving like the Strun (Shotgun with a decent spread & range) or the braton (auto rifle), both of which can be bought fairly cheap with credits.

Also worth thinking about is having at least one weapon that's powerful and ranged, so if you aren't strong enough for a fight you can at least chip away at a distance.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

First thing you need to do is change the control style to classic. If you like melee, you need it on R1, or melee is an absolute pig. You can also remap your powers to the D-pad, but reassinging the remaining abilities to the touchpad gets a bit fiddly.

Second thing is to pick Excalibur as your starter frame - not only does he do 10% extra damage with swords, he has the best armour & health out of the starter frames, and it'll really help you survive while you get the hang of aiming. And all of his powers compliment a melee style.

You can absolutely stick to just melee until you hit MR10 and get the Arca Plasmor, which is a hilarious shotgun that fires radioactive fireballs. That'll take a while though, so in the meantime choose something more forgiving like the Strun (Shotgun with a decent spread & range) or the braton (auto rifle), both of which can be bought fairly cheap with credits.

Also worth thinking about is having at least one weapon that's powerful and ranged, so if you aren't strong enough for a fight you can at least chip away at a distance.

Volt is a pretty fun alternative melee frame, even though one of his most useful powers is a gunplay enhancer. Zip around the map punching dudes at lightspeed and frying them with lightning.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
Thanks for the invite! I've gotten back into the swing of things by completing a few quests and void fissures. Time to read up on optimising!

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Thranguy posted:

Ps4 clan requests keep happening in the main thread, probably because this one will drop to page 4+ at least until the switch port arrives.
It's probably at least partially because I didn't see that a console thread went up. I've updated my OP appropriately now to point people here.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Is there any way to reset your focus trees yet? The last time I played I put all my points in the wrong zenurik skills. Pretty much soured the game because i was used to spamming 4 with nova prime.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

So it seems a bit quiet in clan chat tonight - any other newbies want to do an unlock/progress spree this weekend? I want to open up as much as I can.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011
Hello Goons! I've recently started playing this incredibly dense thing and am fumbling through the first few hours. I'd be interested in joining the clan for PS4 players and perhaps team up for Tenno shenanigans. Is there a particular place I go to sign-up, like a Discord?

Edit: I also got one of those 75% discounts as my daily reward. Is there a recommendation on what I should use that on?

runwiled fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Jul 16, 2018

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

runwiled posted:

Hello Goons! I've recently started playing this incredibly dense thing and am fumbling through the first few hours. I'd be interested in joining the clan for PS4 players and perhaps team up for Tenno shenanigans. Is there a particular place I go to sign-up, like a Discord?

Edit: I also got one of those 75% discounts as my daily reward. Is there a recommendation on what I should use that on?

The most expensive thing you can afford that looks cool. The Mastery system means you’ll want to try out nearly everything once. Weapons will usually be usable sooner than Warframe blueprints, but if you want to invest for the long-term, don’t let me stop you.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

runwiled posted:

I'd splurge on a colour palette iiwy. They are peculiarly expensive normally (imo, as a tightarse) and you'll use any you have.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I personally recommend Twilight, since the standard pallette has no purples, and the greens and browns mean Oberon can cosplay as Groot.

E: If you don't already have Nidus or Atlas, consider getting them with plat at 75% off. Nidus in particular is an absolute pig to farm.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I personally recommend Twilight, since the standard pallette has no purples, and the greens and browns mean Oberon can cosplay as Groot.

E: If you don't already have Nidus or Atlas, consider getting them with plat at 75% off. Nidus in particular is an absolute pig to farm.

Not really? Infested Salvage with Hydroid or another area-denial frame is a comfy grind that gets you a bunch of useful stuff.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Astrochicken posted:

Is there any way to reset your focus trees yet? The last time I played I put all my points in the wrong zenurik skills. Pretty much soured the game because i was used to spamming 4 with nova prime.

This happened once, for everyone, in the change from the first form of Focus to this one. I don't expect it to ever happen again.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
So after 47 runs I finally got my last Sayrn piece. "My bad luck is ended!" I foolishly said to myself. I decided last night to farm Khora Neuroptics. Hopped into Onslaught, and we magically had the most amazing mix of pubbies ever. Around wave 9 or 10, the Neuroptics drops! We continue to demolish everything through wave 16, when one of the pubbies says "crap, gtg. gg" and leaves squad. Host migration...... wait... wait... wait... "You have lost connection to multiplayer server. Returning to main menu." :cry:

So I hop in again. This time with a bunch of awful pubbies. But what's this? Neuroptics drops on wave 4! But on wave 5, one of the pubbies starts dying over and over and over... so he leaves. Host migration...... wait... wait... wait... "You have lost connection to multiplayer server. Returning to main menu." :cry:

Third time's the charm! Back into the fray, and on wave 8 there's my Neuroptics again! It was meant to be. Starting wave 10 though, two of the pubbies start dying, and since they keep doing so on opposite sides of the map, we can't revive them both every time. So one quits. Host migration...... wait... wait... wait... "You have lost connection to multiplayer server. Returning to main menu." :cry:

Thanks for letting me vent.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If that happens, you need to be the one who quits. Get through the portal to the next round, then drop to the dashboard and close the game down. When you log back in, you should have an in-game mail with your items in it.

I realise this will make things worse for the other players, but gently caress it you'll have your neuroptics.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Also I've had horrible connection issues on PS4 since the patch before the Sacrifice - when I first start the game, without fail the first group will drop out saying 'session unavailable,' and I'm also getting a lot of Network Not Found errors.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Bobby Deluxe posted:

If that happens, you need to be the one who quits. Get through the portal to the next round, then drop to the dashboard and close the game down. When you log back in, you should have an in-game mail with your items in it.

I realise this will make things worse for the other players, but gently caress it you'll have your neuroptics.

Now you tell me! =)

Yeah, that seems like a selfish thing to do, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. That or I can just play solo and do four rounds then hide and fail and repeat until I get it.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I took your advice: it's a nice palette!

So how do I join clans and such?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Generally, post your psn or gamertag, and someone'll invite you.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Generally, post your psn or gamertag, and someone'll invite you.

It's runwiled

Are we using this thread to organise playing together or are the in-game systems good enough? Or is there a Discord or something?

Sorry for being so nooby

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It's fine, that's what's the thread's for!

There's in-game clan chat and alliance chat channels which you can use to see if anyone else is on, if you need help with something feel free to arrange it here.

It can be hard to arrange things in the main thread because all it takes is one post that doesn't explicitly say console, and everyone starts offering PC help.

There is a discord apparently but i'm old and don't know how that sort of thing works, let alone how to link it.

elvie
Jan 17, 2009
Been playing this for the last few days and wow wish I gave it a chance way earlier.

Invite to the clan would be grouse!

PSN: elvie_nz

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

I'm up to Jupiter. The railway unlocks are growing slowly more onerous, and my gear is growing less apt for the task (that valkyr shadow was a total bastard)

What are some good shotguns? I've enjoyed the Strun but I want to really go into the 'shoot the entire screen dead' territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elvie
Jan 17, 2009

motoh posted:

I'm up to Jupiter. The railway unlocks are growing slowly more onerous, and my gear is growing less apt for the task (that valkyr shadow was a total bastard)

What are some good shotguns? I've enjoyed the Strun but I want to really go into the 'shoot the entire screen dead' territory.

I read the Hek is pretty great. So I have just started mine cooking