Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Anora posted:

Are there any you're missing? Ask in clan/alliance if you need help farming one out. Also some frames absolutely kill in one mode, but are weak in others.

Thanks!. I am not working on my frame list at the moment. One focus at a time, and I am working has fast has possible at getting a railjack, and thats a big enough grind.

Warframe is weird in that you are happy to see some frames in your teammates:

- Octavia... always great to have one in your mission
- Saryn ... you know the mission is going to flow easily
- Frost... on defense missions
- Limbo ... on super super hard content. a good limbo trivialize stuff.

I am tempted to say "all of them", Warframe is the rare frame where another player generally helps and never weights down the team and people that choose a frame for a reason and know what to do make the missions much smoother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I've seen a lot of talk about Grendel being really bad, and for sure he could use some work, but on a couple of occasions I've seen a Grendel roll through a level and eat everything before any dps could get started.

Played half way well, and with a good mod layout, all frames are pretty good.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Any frame is amazing with the right player. That’s part of what makes warframe fun—you bump into people who use stuff effectively you might not have considered.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Grendel's disgorge -- the one you get by holding down his 1, not his 3 -- is really strong. He also eats away enemy armor and in some cases can just flat-out vomit enemies off the map.

He can also eat Sentients. gently caress Sentients.

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

v1ld posted:

You're better off not doing the plains until you're much higher MR, like 6-7. Focus on opening up planets and doing quests right now.

Grind frames from bosses as you run into them - anything that drops a frame part can be ground until you have all three then buy the main blueprint from the market. Frames take 3.5 days to build and are going to be your biggest bottleneck to raising MR early on.

At MR 4 you can build the Hek shotgun, the first really damaging ranged weapon to going to get. (Yes, it's got low spread at intermediate ranges even though it's a shotgun.)

Build the Atomos at MR 5. Very strong secondary.

E: The Burston isn't very good. Some pre-Hek primaries that are better are: Braton (MR 0), Strun (1), Boltor (2), Vectis (2). The Lex is a decent pistol at MR 3, but the Hek and Atomos are going to be big jumps at MR 4&5. ASk in the discord for base mods you need, someone may be able to help you out.
Oh, yes, the Braton is the one I have.

These are great tips, thanks. Missions do indeed feel way easier.

I have only just got one part for a Rhino frame from the Jackal, I will go back and farm him for the other parts. I have maxed my starter frame so I guess I need a new one ASAP to gain MR? So far I have maxed my starter blade and have now switched to level a staff.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Yep, frames are a great source of MR. Rhino is definitely a great frame for the starmap and worth grinding out.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

rgocs posted:

Oh, yes, the Braton is the one I have.

These are great tips, thanks. Missions do indeed feel way easier.

I have only just got one part for a Rhino frame from the Jackal, I will go back and farm him for the other parts. I have maxed my starter frame so I guess I need a new one ASAP to gain MR? So far I have maxed my starter blade and have now switched to level a staff.

Yeah, you're not gaining any affinity (xp) MR from maxed out frames and weapons. Worse, that affinity is lost. Check the wiki article on affinity, it's worth having an idea of how it's handled. Will also show you why it's so important to stay in affinity range of your teammates if you're trying to level up.

Rhino needs mats to build that you cannot get by yourself till Ceres, which isn't that far out. Or ask in clan for a farm since those mats are common later on.

If you have the Mk1-Braton or any of the other Mk1 weapons, just swap to other weapons as soon as you have better ones. The Mk1s are very weak and are only good for getting more MR. You can max them out later when you're farming affinity in more efficient ways.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Could I get an invite to the Switch guild? Name is triplexpac

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

triplexpac posted:

Could I get an invite to the Switch guild? Name is triplexpac

Gotcha. Invited.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Screaming Idiot posted:

He can also eat Sentients. gently caress Sentients.

Thats interesting.

Whats the best way to deal with sentients, anyway?

Have a huge DPS monster weapon, or two weapons with has many status effects has possible?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
My favorite is option 3: burn them down with an exalted weapon. Either Excal, Mesa, or Valkyr typically. You'll probably just have to be resigned to resetting resistances for either of the first ways. Paracesis also chumps sentients provided they don't fly out of range.

pech
Jul 19, 2004

I really like grendel! Mine is just built for strength (like 295 or something atm) and i just use his 2 to self heal. His 3 does a good amount of splash damage and if you eat a Nox or anything with a shitload of armour / hp / resistance you can pretty much roll around the map in ball form indefinitely which is fun and does decent damage

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
So there was a console stream today. Short and skinny of it regarding RJ fixes is that they're working on it but it'll require a cert level update. I'd expect a couple weeks before we see any significant changes.

Oh and apparently Warframe is one of the largest bits of code off the Switch's platform and both Nintendo and DE are learning about the poo poo that's happening with the updates.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Raptor1033 posted:

So there was a console stream today. Short and skinny of it regarding RJ fixes is that they're working on it but it'll require a cert level update. I'd expect a couple weeks before we see any significant changes.

Oh and apparently Warframe is one of the largest bits of code off the Switch's platform and both Nintendo and DE are learning about the poo poo that's happening with the updates.

What do you mean by this?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
It was only a sentence or two during todays stream and I don't recall the verbatim. Maybe you can find it mirrored on youtube?

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012
PSA for the new switch clanners who've recently joined (which is great! welcome!): I (and I'm sure some of the other vets) have stacks of basic damage/multishot/elemental mods which aren't useful to me, don't sell for anything, but will make your new player experience much more pleasant. If you're struggling with the damaged mods the game throws at you when you start, or even if you've been playing a while but can't get that Serration or Barrel Diffusion or whatever to drop, please ask! I'm free_clinic in game and on discord, or you can PM me or ask in the thread and I'll try and get to you. Offer applies to non-clan switch players as well, if you don't want to play with goons for whatever reason.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I'm happy to give away mods to switch goons as well. My alias is pnp17.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Wow, thanks so much! I appreciate the hell out of the few mods I've gotten already, and at this point, I think there's only really one that I'm looking for, and it's Split Chamber for my primary.

I'd level the hell out of that one :allears: :clint:

EDIT: Holy poo poo, also Sharpshooter. Wow, energy for a headshot? Yes please.

As an MR3, is there even anything I could give you for these? I have credits! (almost 60k)

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Sure, if I have them. I know I have enough VE to get Sharpshooter. You know it costs 17k endo to fill?

I have to say the few Kuva lich guns I've got are amazing. The Tonkor is so much fun.

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012
I created a lich with a 60% heat kuva kohm right after old blood released on switch, got confused about what to do next, and promptly started ignoring the whole system 😅 I'll get around to it eventually I guess

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

That's an amazing stat roll on that gun! Kill that lich!

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Also happy to help out any new comers, ign: Reason.

But small tip, you have to be MR 2 to trade first. I had to refuse some guy yesterday because he was only MR 1 and couldn't trade and then he never messaged me again. Felt a bit bad for the fella

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
I'm up to help too but I'm not always so attentive to comms but I'll try to get to it if you need something, Sorry about that.. But IGN: mrEkli

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I had to farm 30 orokin cells for railjack, which is about 25 more than I’ve ever had at one time. Surprisingly, it didn’t take me that long!

- Any invasion on Saturn or Ceres will usually drop one.

- Most sabotage, capture and extermination missions on the above seem to have a high chance of placing an orokin cell breakable thing really close to extraction. They seem to give out 2x cells.

- The assassination mission on Ceres frequently gave me one per target (there are two dudes to fight).

- Helene in Saturn is the same map as Hydron on Sedna, only with lower level dudes and a chance for cells. The best I ever did was 5 cells, roughly one every two waves. I also ran a bunch of 15-20 wave sessions with no cells.

It was hard to commit to dumping those things into my railjack, especially once I noticed I could build both Ninkondi and Redeemer Primes.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

fischtick posted:

It was hard to commit to dumping those things into my railjack, especially once I noticed I could build both Ninkondi and Redeemer Primes.

I would have spent it on Redeemer prime over railjack at least. Great weapon. Dunno about ninkondi, but I've always wanted space nunchucks.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I crafted a MK3 reactor with +50 slots (the first thing I have done with railjack) from guild. Then, not understanding what I was doing, accidentally deleted it.

This is the worst feeling. I think is like 5000 datawhatevers and farming these take ages.

I sake my first in the general direction of DE for not having a confirmation popup for this poo poo.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
First: lol
Second: Contact customer service, they can typically restore such errors.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Oh yeah, def contact support. This is one of the few games where they almost always reverse mistakes. Might take a day or two, but they're pretty good.

Gideon020
Apr 23, 2011
I'm probably missing something real obvious, but where do I find the Warframe Goons community?

EDIT: Nevermind, turns out I did miss something real loving obvious.

Gideon020 fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 11, 2020

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Raptor1033 posted:

First: lol
Second: Contact customer service, they can typically restore such errors.

Nah, thanks anyway. I just checked and seems I got a lot of the resources back, so I was able to quickly grind it back!.

Yay!!!!.

Now I can captain around with my newbie railjack. Already cleaned all the nodes in earth proxima. Working on my intrisics to get gunner to 9 and padding the other stats.

Tei fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jan 11, 2020

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Looks like we are getting the update (on Switch)!

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Hey y’all, I’m pretty new to the game and just requested a clan invite in the PS4 community edit: received!

I also have a pair of questions:

Should I be doing the Void Fissure quests if I have relics or should I save the relics for when I’m a little further leveled?

I read online that the Kubrow quest is something I should hold off on while I’m still new and I was looking for confirmation of that.

Looking forward to playing with y’all!

The Dark Souls of Posters fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 19, 2020

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
You can do void fissure as soin as you want as long as you have void relic to crack if you get really lucky, you can get some early prime stuff. I was able to build an equinox prime way before I could built the regular one. Also, you can trade unwanted prime stuff or sell it for ducats, the currency for Baro the trader

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Sweet, thanks!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

void fissures are another activity you can do, and except the unlimited ones the run very quick.

if you want to do X thing for a adventure or the radio thing, is a option, and getting these parts will slowly unlock cool stuff for you

for newbies, I think is recomendad to unlock the solar system map, it takes a long time, but is important to access content and also some adventures may need you to access some areas

oh, and alerts may need access to visit

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I’ve kind of assumed the quests would slowly help me unlock the map, getting started isn’t near less as dauntless as I thought it’d be with the quest system being what it is, tbh.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Awesome Animals posted:

I’ve kind of assumed the quests would slowly help me unlock the map, getting started isn’t near less as dauntless as I thought it’d be with the quest system being what it is, tbh.

It's both: quests drive you forward through planets and in some cases unlocking junctions for new planets gives you new quests.

Just keep moving forward through the star map at whatever pace makes you happy. Later planets make it easier to farm some of the resources you'll need to build new warframes, which is a another motivation to move forward.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Do as many void fissures as you can whilst keeping opening the star chart as top priority and maybe limited time events as secondary priority. Void fissures are a main source of new fun frames and. Weapons, and huge xp source for higher MRs.

Furthermore, all that junk you get from cracking relics can be turned into a currency with which you can buy the most powerful rare mods, that come only every two weeks for like 1 day.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Finally got Valkyr cooking, and finally got to see that boss fight as it was supposed to be rather than glitched and T-posed, like 2 times out of the 5 runs I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I've never seen that fight function properly. Really easy farm though!