Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

it's funny seeing the way nocoiners think, it's very obvious you're technologically illiterate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

10 yrs from now - why didn't i listen to ghostte

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

ghosTTy posted:

it's funny seeing the way nocoiners think, it's very obvious you're technologically illiterate

:ironicat:

Please be aware IOTA even said in their website they took peoples coins because of the "reason" so when you learn to read please get back to us

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

ghosTTy posted:

10 yrs from now - why didn't i listen to ghostte

Can you please tell me about your feelings regarding fiat currency and the Rothschild family?

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

Sundae posted:

Can you please tell me about your feelings regarding fiat currency and the Rothschild family?
people who believe in fiat put their money into a Roth IRA. COINCIDENCE?????????

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

NEO去中心化时代的开启

https://neo.org/blog/details/4089

ghosTTy fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jul 5, 2018

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

made this phone background if anyone wants

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Yeah ok, 100% gimmick. Made it too obv bro.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Ok, bro

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

not sure if i'm supposed to be insulted being called a gimmick? people here seem to use the word in place of personality, or something. gimmick implies to me some kind of deceit is taking place, am i not to be trusted because i enjoy having fun with my investments and making memes?

potatoducks
Jan 26, 2006
Nah. It just means that your posts aren't meant to be taken seriously. Which is probably what you intended anyways, so whatever.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

If you're serious about making big money, you'd take me seriously.

Crypto market going to hit one more low and then bull

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

The crypto market has always been full of bull

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Sources your beliefs then, instead of fud and other dumbass sayings. You want people to take you seriously then actually give reasons. Otherwise you are just a lovely tired gimmick.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
I'm still interested in hearing about the Rothschild family. :ohdear:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

ghosTTy posted:

made this phone background if anyone wants

We're going to need more baskets...and a blade sharpener.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

I think I'm going to trade my Factom for something else, it's become clear they're building a SaaS platform and there won't be an incentive for the use of FCT and energy credits other than as a test platform, which explains why EC usage has remained so low despite all the rumours of fortune 100 clients. Might be something worth looking into if Factom inc. go public, though? :hmmm:

Maybe trade for more NEO? I think it should be a higher % of my port. The gas income is nice for long term hodlers :hchatter:

Currently

ghosTTy fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jul 8, 2018

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

https://blog.iota.org/green-light-from-the-eu-commission-for-iota-and-the-european-smart-city-consortium-cityxchange-f7928aef33ac

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Do you speak any real language or just stupid?

Also those are dicks

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
I bought iota before it was even listed on the exchanges. It was 15 cents then. Sold it at 60 cents. No regrets.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

The dick on the largest plate goes in Limerick, naturally

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Do you speak any real language or just stupid?

Also those are dicks

turn on your monitor

AARO posted:

I bought iota before it was even listed on the exchanges. It was 15 cents then. Sold it at 60 cents. No regrets.

selling iota LOL

this guy much?

ghosTTy fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jul 8, 2018

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

lol just imaging there being a crypto bull run two years in a row and all the nocoiners sitting on the sidelines booing, while actually paying closer attention to it than most coiners, not making any money from their effort, missing out on our generations dot com boom / real estate bubble / everything financial revolution, and looking like technophobe charlatan fools :cawg: :black101: :xd:

SolTerrasa
Sep 2, 2011

You see a lot of those technical-analysis-lite graphs in the cryptocurrency world. Funny how the front half of those graphs always match the current situation exactly, whether it's up, down, or stable... But no matter what's going on now, the back half is a straight line, up up up, infinite riches forever, starting any minute now.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/SarahJamieLewis/status/1015396420138889216
https://twitter.com/SarahJamieLewis/status/1015417915464564737

Truly the currency of the future

Tamba fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jul 10, 2018

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

network was attacked, attack failed, network returned to normal shortly after. iota is still in alpha :shrug:

these iota fudsters are freaking weird, and they work on a competing project :rolleyes: typical

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

John McAfee hosed a humpback whale.

Droo
Jun 25, 2003

ghosTTy posted:

network was attacked, attack failed, network returned to normal shortly after. iota is still in alpha :shrug:

So the attack "failed", but the network was also in a not-normal state for awhile? :hmmyes:

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Attacking people reporting on issues is not something a sane person does :yotj:

Also saying it's an alpha is laughable when you crow about how it's already being prepped for use by vw :allears:

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Droo posted:

So the attack "failed", but the network was also in a not-normal state for awhile? :hmmyes:

go on? what are you angry about, what are the quotes for?

Droo
Jun 25, 2003

kcer posted:

go on? what are you angry about, what are the quotes for?

I am pointing out that the attack didn't fail because it apparently disrupted the network for awhile, both facts he stated in like one sentence without seeing the contradiction.

How stupid are you exactly that I needed to clarify that?

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

everybody calm down, the altcoin thread is a happy place :) the bull run is going to start again soon :wave:

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

https://www.bosch-presse.de/pressportal/de/en/bosch-lays-foundation-stone-for-factory-of-the-future-162368.html

jinn chips produced by bosch soon? :holy:

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Droo posted:

I am pointing out that the attack didn't fail because it apparently disrupted the network for awhile, both facts he stated in like one sentence without seeing the contradiction.

How stupid are you exactly that I needed to clarify that?

lol loving hell you pissy baby, chill out. whatever iota runs on was down for a little bit, nothing was lost, what's the big loving deal? why are you so in bits about it

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

kcer posted:

lol loving hell you pissy baby, chill out. whatever iota runs on was down for a little bit, nothing was lost, what's the big loving deal? why are you so in bits about it

fyi his post is a pretty level-headed explanation (you wouldn't call every DDOS attack "failed" simply because they eventually end). I don't know why you're accusing him of being angry

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
I dunno man every once in a while in the old thread someone would make a reasonable point about why some altcoin was lovely but to point to apparently the equivalent of a website being down for a little while is a bit of a desperate reach

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

It may not seem like it to you but the entire transactional network becoming basically unusable for awhile is a big deal, especially if that network is meant to provide all communication between IOT devices. That's not like one website being down, it's more like a global network outage.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

If Visa was unavailable for a few hours, it'd be a big loving deal. If NYSE or Nasdaq has to stop trading because of a server boo-boo, that's "stop the presses" news. If the network that IOTA purports to undergird every net-enabled doohickey and vibrator became completely unusable, as the admin or major stakeholder you don't clap your hands on your ears and go lalalala. That's kind of, you know, admitting your raison d'etre is rather flimsy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

iota is still in alpha so none of those comparisons are valid, yet