Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

ghosTTy posted:

iota is still in alpha so none of those comparisons are valid, yet

No, they're valid. Being in alpha doesn't grant immunity from criticism, in fact normally during alpha/beta testing you want criticism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

you want criticism

shhhh shhhh shhhhh don't burst his bubble

SolTerrasa
Sep 2, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

No, they're valid. Being in alpha doesn't grant immunity from criticism, in fact normally during alpha/beta testing you want criticism

I dunno. If these issues are insurmountable, then yeah, big problem, even if it's alpha software. I have no idea if it's patchable - it's a nasty bug to have a minority of nodes deny service to your whole network. If it's patched out in a later version, then it's only a big deal if you're relying on the system in its alpha state.

ooh geez I guess the owners of those 426,000 bitcoins worth of naked speculation might be upset though, dang

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Well golly gee professor, you mean to say that problems stop being problems if they get fixed?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

QuarkJets posted:

agreed, but maybe it shouldn't be compared to a massive global banking network going offline

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

once bosch starts pumping out jinn chips and they're in every automobile after 2019 and every huawei phone, then intel, amd ,etc. then iota will achieve the iot vision and the network will be impervious to attack. until then let the miners have their fun attacking it and the big forehead trannys spread fud on twitter

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

kcer posted:

agreed, but maybe it shouldn't be compared to a massive global banking network going offline

Why not? It's designed to be that.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

"For more than 45 years, Bosch has been making semiconductor chips in various forms, above all as application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs). At its wafer fab in Reutlingen, Germany, Bosch currently manufactures ASICs, power semiconductors, and microelectromechanical systems (MEMS). Bosch ASICs have been used in vehicles since 1970. They are customized to individual applications, and essential for functions such as engine management or airbag deployment. In 2016, every car rolling off the production lines worldwide had on average more than nine Bosch chips on board."

:holy::holy::holy::holy:

https://www.bosch-presse.de/presspo...ogy-137411.html :ninja:

ghosTTy fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 11, 2018

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

ghosTTy posted:

the big forehead trannys

Shameful, gently caress you

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Thats a venture capital arm, that doesn't mean nearly a quarter of what your saying at all. Venture capitalists just put money in and see what happens, its not actually using the tech in any way or form buddy.

Also if the network can be so easily shut down its going to have much bigger problems in the future and saying its an alpha then telling us all its going mainstream not even a post later really trashes your argument.

Take your slurs and go back to reddit :getout:

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

ghosTTy posted:

once bosch starts pumping out jinn chips and they're in every automobile after 2019 and every huawei phone, then intel, amd ,etc. then iota will achieve the iot vision and the network will be impervious to attack. until then let the miners have their fun attacking it and the big forehead trannys spread fud on twitter

get the gently caress out

SolTerrasa
Sep 2, 2011

You look really stupid when you use slurs. "The people who broke my code are transgender" is a really dumb thing to say.

potatoducks
Jan 26, 2006
C'mon ghosTTy, you know you gotta double down right? All in, straight to the moon.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

SolTerrasa posted:

You look really stupid when you use slurs. "The people who broke my code are transgender" is a really dumb thing to say.

good thing I didn't say that lol

bunch of weird losers come out of the woodwork to post faux outrage when I slander some mentally ill anarchists

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

ghosTTy posted:

good thing I didn't say that lol

Oh sorry, what did you mean by "tranny"?

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
Ghostty is a fake poster.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AARO posted:

Ghostty is a fake poster.

What a mean thing to say

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7cdV_hsHAc

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

THE COUNCIL OF NECKBEARDS HAS ASSEMBLED

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
Coinbase announced that their thinking of listing Cardano.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AARO posted:

Coinbase announced that their thinking of listing Cardano.

you should stop spreading this anti-bitcoin fud

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'm thinking of listing dollars.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Droo
Jun 25, 2003

The childlike cartoon descriptions of things on that chart are the perfect level of sophistication for the average bitcoiner.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

I also love how the definition of "fiat" doesn't include the most important part: that it's not backed by a commodity. You know, like shitcoins.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
i thought it was Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino but looks like I was wrong

i am lovin the thread title

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
That qualitative analysis definition hurts

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

That qualitative analysis definition hurts
"Research based on quantifiable information such as [not quantifiable information], [not quantifiable information], and [not quantifiable information]."

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

As Galileo once said, "measure what is measurable, make poo poo up so it sounds good to the bagholders for that which is not measurable"

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

I'm using POS to determine...well, poo poo.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/ThomasPototsch1/status/1019930387148083202?s=19

70 msec/POW is faster than the ModBus reading clock of the DCS/SCADA systems in all infrastructures, like Power, Water, OilGas, Petroleum ... which means that the main process servers can get encrypted signals from sensors even faster than via PLCs or logical blocks. Amazing! :holy:

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Do you have any idea how those systems work at all? Because there is a reason they are slow but work with almost no issues

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Hoodwinker posted:

"Research based on quantifiable information such as [not quantifiable information], [not quantifiable information], and [not quantifiable information]."

this basically sums up all you need to know about this thread

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

https://blog.iota.org/welcome-anes-hod%C5%BEi%C4%87-to-the-iota-foundation-2864f95b91b4

Another IOT superstar joins the foundation, almost boring common news at this point

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

:( Why won't you answer me?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

can we rename this thread to the AARO Memorial IOTA Appreciation Station?

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

QuarkJets posted:

can we rename this thread to the CAARdanO Memorial Appreciation Station?

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Sundae posted:

:( Why won't you answer me?

unless they buy crypto they will be nobodies in 30 yrs so idc about them, they probably finance fud campaigns but none of that matters in the long run

prompt
Oct 28, 2007

eh?
Just lol if you think the Rothschild family doesn’t already control all of the crypto coins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016
What do you think of Skycoin? That one, TRON, and Deep Brain Chain are my main holdings, but I also bought some CPChain and Banyan Network. I've been thinking of dumping Skycoin for more CP and Banyan and maybe some Elastos since I'm not sure if the founder made up that story about him and his wife (or girlfriend?) getting kidnapped and mugged by their marketing team in China.

I also discovered a coin called Dero recently. My understanding is that it's like if you combined Monero with Ethereum but with better privacy than Monero. The lead developer for that keeps his source code hidden which kind of seems like a bad idea, because he might just be distributing malware, but he had a community manager that seemed nice till she accused him of some shadyness. It doesn't sound like it's a fake project, though, just one where there's a risk the developer is secretly inflating the supply faster than they said and taking the extra coins. Even if that was true, since the market cap is so low, it seems like it's worth putting some sats into it on the chance it's not a scam.