Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
bullish on USD. it is clear USD is increasingly popular with past hodlers of the deprecated bit-Coin. USD has gone up hugely in just the past day against the b.t.C!! in the future it is posible with enough imagination that the US economy could run on USD ! in conclusion you should get into currency

and not that disreuputable minor shitcoin GBP nobody wants that thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
cardano article marked for death on wikipedia

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
it's quite clear that bitcoin going below 4000 is GOOD news for the altcoin market, and particularly ADA

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
good night sweet ada

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
just to be super on topic, there's a draft Cardano article on Wikipedia and I'm one of the regulars helping them keep the sources non lovely. Might even end up being an article that doesn't get deleted yet again.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
press F to pay respects to AARO

Only registered members can see post attachments!

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
https://twitter.com/nickstenning/status/1084379600627609600

the One True Shitcoin

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Heeeeey altcoiners! You totally need to GET INTO DENTACOIN, which has gone up from 0.0035 of a cent to 0.005 of a cent! Yes, that's right, its price has risen above ONE SATOSHI! Opportunities like that don't come along more often than once every ten minutes!

I wrote up the tedious piece of poo poo for my planned "World's Worst ICOs" book, cos i couldn't not cover it. The article sends me, its author, to sleep. Suggestions for jokes etc welcome.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Discendo Vox posted:

Go in harder on their marketing material, specifically the IDS 2019 site. The prof fronting this thing looks like another likely source of humorous enjoyment.

Alternately, Satoshi's Teeth, etc etc

someone found the wealth calculator they used to have on the site but inexplicably took down

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Here's a nice piece on the death of New Zealand's Cryptopia exchange, which never saw a shitcoin it didn't like.

Turns out it was >->->hacked<-<-< on the same day that the death of Gerald Cotten from QuadrigaCX was revealed. And this was also the day after which nobody was ever able to withdraw even cryptos, let alone money, from Quadriga. Probably just a coincidence!

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
say it ain't so, dril

https://twitter.com/zaurging

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
i found this great book from October 2017, all about how you need to GET INTO CRYPTO INVESTING!!!

amongst lots of analysis with graphs, it tells you how to work out which altcoins are going to - as they say in crypto - "moon"

i wrote a review

one of the guys is a retirement advisor, he surely must know his stuff, and it came out through a real publisher

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

ghosTTy posted:

https://idena.io/?view=technology

Finally got my invite, so excited. Proof-of-Person will be revolutionary.

ghost titty

did you really blow your retirement money on the shitcoins that caught fire today

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
$GOON going to zero. SELL SELL SELL

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Stoned Sheep posted:

You topticked the bubble bro, such InNoVaTioN!!!

can't wait for ghost titty to get into defi

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Bruce Fenton's $100% complete and accurate explanation of defi

https://twitter.com/brucefenton/status/1293959332510470145

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Sundae posted:

Buy MoonSteakCoin Coin today.

needs to be on DeFi on the SFYLchain

does it generate incomprehensible graphs for ghost titty tho

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
it's crypto, there's no such thing as serious posts

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

ghosTTy posted:

We are reinventing the world's financial system

this is indeed $100% top quality parody and shows per the thread title how far removed from seriousness the shitcoin world is, well done

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Dark Off posted:

guys guys i found this new alternative currency that looks cool its called onecoin. We are talking about millions in profit if you invest just tiny bits of your saving into it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OneCoin
Its definitely not a ponzi scheme. Its model is closer to a reverse pyramid.

nah mate stickjng with bit-conneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeect

waiting for that awesome chart from ghosttittty

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

we did, it turns out this is all trash for hilarious idiots

so if you could actually be funnier, that would be good thx

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
:zaurg:

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
In altcoin comedy gold, the SEC has sued Ripple Labs, XRP is in the toilet, and exchanges are already delisting it.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Discendo Vox posted:

What is a “permissioned blockchain”?

a slow database with pretensions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Discendo Vox posted:

So this is another "we're calling our product a blockchain" situation?

yup. "Permissioned blockchain" uses a blockchain-like data structure, and the difference is that how you add new records to the blockchain is some variant on just-taking-turns. There are many names and variants, but they're all "just taking turns."

However, they may have a crypto asset you can sell!!!

Ripple's scam was to pretend that XRP's validator network was open to all - but if you wanted to be on the official XRP network, you basically had to accept what Ripple said. Everyone treated it as the centralised entity it was.