Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
I'm a rube with more cash than smarts and was thinking about buying say $1000 of various crypto whatever and then not looking at it for like 5 years.

I fully expect that I will lose all my money but it's not that much to me and it would be sort of a fun hail-mary. What should I buy and uhhh how, because I have never paid attention to any of this poo poo. Sorry for asking basic advice in what appears to be some sort of speculation thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
okay so I googled IOTA and it's just a fuckin mess. One of the founders has a blog where he claims he built the pyramids using a time machine, I can't tell if it's a joke. Then there was a big paper by MIT about huge security issues with it, and the IOTA guys claimed that it was there as like, a joke, or to catch people who would try to mimic their model. And then Tons of discussion about if it's the future or if it's a scam

I'm don't really know anything about this stuff but I'm probably gonna stay away from crypto for a while if this poo poo is common

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
thank u for your support

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

ghosTTy posted:

don't come into my altcoin thread and fud iota :fuckoff:

googling this it means fear, uncertainty and doubt

that is an accurate summary of my feelings when reading about any of these coins

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
IOTA is the best because it's 75% vowels, no other altcoin comes close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
there's no fun in helping people!