Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Got Old Becky #2 in my daily 1/2 price pull...

I'm pretty stoked!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
INTERESTING there is no bonus Story Event levels

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hagie posted:

INTERESTING there is no bonus Story Event levels

It’s coming in week two. Supposedly it’s something new where we can grind specific color crysts with a lot more NRG efficiency.

I want to echo the comments about joining the goon discord channel: https://discord.gg/Jx9b6Rt

We’re always quick to offer advice or host a friend unit that can carry you through a challenge.

Or just come hang out and chat about how awesome or miserable you’re feeling. Just note that there’s still an active ban on posting Citra’s upper torso for some reason, I have no idea why.
:ninja:

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jun 17, 2018

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Talk about a gleam of reverie...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I got Ray Jack'd, on purpose, with tickets I got from the story event. Hey, another Divine Ruination 10-frame/Octaslash/R020: Mirage chainer!

RIP King's Knight, you crazy medieval Galaga.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jun 18, 2018

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Wondering if anyone else has some good speculation about the future events. From what we know - the week of the 13th, most likely, is going to be an enormous week for information as well as probably us getting the 3.0 rollout. It's probably going to be Reagan's week as well based on previous release timings in JP and how they've been spacing out the CGs for us. They have the weapon event thing slated for mid-july too, so I'm not sure where that fits in.

Barring the weapon dungeon, it should be something like this:

6/22 - Just Cause
6/29 - ?? (CG Banner maybe? This is the anniversary)
7/6 - ??
7/13 - Reagan
7/20 - Rain
7/27 - ?
8/3 - unknown banner but this should be 7* coming out on 8/2

One of those weeks should be a FF12 revisit most likely for us getting Gabranth finally. It's something we're missing and also good timing to fit in the FF12 enhancements for Baltheir/Rasler/Ashe*. I think they'll probably include the Veritases as well? VoL and DV were in the first two 7* batches - would be weird for either of them to get their 7* first.

They may bump Rain to 7/27 to allow for the weapon dungeon in the middle. Or push both of the CGs for that matter. I hope they don't push 3.0 out the same week as the weapon dungeon unless they're pretty certain they have the problems with that figured out.

I'm also curious about the release of 7* and if they plan to do the same batches. I'm assuming not, since they've basically deviated from JP in that sort of stuff constantly, but I'm curious what that means for us.

And I did hear someone make a decent point - we may get 7* on the week of 7/27 since we know for sure they're announcing it in the July video. But I think it being the week of 8/3 still makes the timing right for having it in the July video. Also we really need that spare week to fit in the weapon dungeon anyway.

* e: forgot they’re doing those with the zarglebargle enhancements this month.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jun 18, 2018

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I'd bet they stick with FF8 as the first 7* banner. New characters! New FF game! New unit grade!

Garth is still MIA, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some GL upgrades for behind so late. Medina's status is up in the air being an EX unit. Maybe she'll become a general banner unit like Loren or maybe something else.

After FF12 I'd bet the next enhancement batch will either be the Veritas (Batch 12 in JP) or Prishe and Onion Knight (Batch 10 and 13, the other 5 stars in those batches were Seabreeze Dark Fina and Noctis who already got theirs).

Star Ocean collab is still a possibility since that gacha game is coming out in English in July. With JC3 5 stars being 7 star capable in the future we might get GL 7 stars out of Star Ocean too. Maybe August?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Ooooh new thread
Want SD3 collab, will never get SD3 collab. Bloo Bloo

Well time to rebuild tickets/lapis stuff.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my legendarily bad rainbow rate has been massively good lately, getting something like 10 in the past two months, and i just got off banner zarg and off banner knight delita in my search for cg nichol. but i finally got a useful mage and i got merc ramza a few days before they fixed him, so thats neat.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

My last few pulls have been redonculous. I pulled Cloud, Sephiroth, Heavenly Technician Lid, some girl who has a drill on her arm...starts with an A I think, and hatless Kain!

I still never seem to pull FF Tactics guys. It's all I really want.

After this last month of luck pulls I just know I wont see a rainbow until December.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
The other night I grabbed the last 4* guaranteed ticket and got a CG Nichol!

I’m still pulling just for the trust moogles at this point. Yesterday’s daily was someone I forgot.

Today, however, the daily came down rainbow and it was CG Jake.

I had two regular tickets left, one from a reward and one from expeditions. First ticket was Shadow.

Second ticket went from Blue to gold to rainbow! Holy poo poo three rainbows in five pulls. It was CG Nichol #2, so I now have a 7* Nichol!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Armitage posted:

The other night I grabbed the last 4* guaranteed ticket and got a CG Nichol!

I’m still pulling just for the trust moogles at this point. Yesterday’s daily was someone I forgot.

Today, however, the daily came down rainbow and it was CG Jake.

I had two regular tickets left, one from a reward and one from expeditions. First ticket was Shadow.

Second ticket went from Blue to gold to rainbow! Holy poo poo three rainbows in five pulls. It was CG Nichol #2, so I now have a 7* Nichol!

Grats on your 7* Old Becky!

I've got one too.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Aerith Gainthborough posted:

My last few pulls have been redonculous. I pulled Cloud, Sephiroth, Heavenly Technician Lid, some girl who has a drill on her arm...starts with an A I think, and hatless Kain!

I still never seem to pull FF Tactics guys. It's all I really want.

After this last month of luck pulls I just know I wont see a rainbow until December.

Just hamster all your resources for the release of Ultima, in like 2020.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
1/2 pull popped out a Rainbow and CG Nichol. Who's also my first CG character at all. :toot:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I've got Old Becky regenerating 88 MP per turn, once I get Ayaka's TMR it will be higher.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Finally 100%d Shadow today!

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Good day for me. 5 normal tickets, 2 4* tickets got me Wilhelm #1 and CG Nick #1!

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
I can’t believe I still don’t have orlandeau dude

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I got my first old man a few weeks ago and all I felt was disappointment

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I can't believe I still don't have Noctis. I pulled pretty hard on at least 3 banners that featured him.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I got my first old man a few weeks ago and all I felt was disappointment

Same. I don't need him at all

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Is there a good post for builds of any type other than DPS and Tank? Wondering what my Roy, Ayaka, etc. should be wearing. Rather, wondering what / if I should farm TMRs especially for them...

EDIT: I just finished the ice katana for my Orlandeau just to keep him relevant in the Fry meta.

EDIT: Like, should I farm both my Kryla TMs, since I otherwise have no specific element-resist builds options?

Cobalt60 fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jun 19, 2018

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!

Cobalt60 posted:

Is there a good post for builds of any type other than DPS and Tank? Wondering what my Roy, Ayaka, etc. should be wearing. Rather, wondering what / if I should farm TMRs especially for them...

EDIT: I just finished the ice katana for my Orlandeau just to keep him relevant in the Fry meta.

EDIT: Like, should I farm both my Kryla TMs, since I otherwise have no specific element-resist builds options?

Crowe’s TMR Thirst for Survival is an amazing support TM, 30% SPR/HP is too good.. unstackable though.
In general you want HP, MP and SPR for your supports. DEF is somewhat easier to ignore due to AoE cover tanks being not too tough to get a hold of.

As for Kryla’s TM, yes. Get both. I did and then basically stapled them to My magic tank. 50% all elemental resist + 30% SPR for 2 slots is too good to pass on.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
If you CAN equip a PHYS tank with 100% Evade gear, that's really all it needs (and all it'll probably have room for. Noctis's ring is super useful for this and freeing up slots for more versatility, the trick is actually drawing him. (:argh:)

HP, DEF and SPR are all important for tanks, but depending on your support strategy you might not need them

For supports like Maritime Old Becky or Marie, you really want to give them the most MP and MP regen you can, the higher the max MP the more effective the MP regen is, as it's a percentage of current max MP. Keeping their support skills up without your DPS having to take a turn to give them an elixir or whatever can make all the difference in some team compositions. You might not even need a healer if you do it right.

Stacking limit crystal building gear is important for units with impressive limit breaks like Wilhelm, Rikku, and Chow, if you can keep their limit breaks up you should. You won't have a lot of non-TMR gear for that, though.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

SereneCrimson posted:

As for Kryla’s TM, yes. Get both. I did and then basically stapled them to My magic tank. 50% all elemental resist + 30% SPR for 2 slots is too good to pass on.

Having three Kryla TMRs on Chow is still the most amusing thing. I was pretty frustrated at not getting Christine at the time but now I'm super bummed I didn't manage to get a fourth Kryla. To be clear: that absolutely would be extreme overkill. Three of her TMR already kind of is (and would absolutely be if I had ever pulled a Marie)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cobalt60 posted:

SPR/HP/DEF for healers and bards is good. They aren't going to be your damage sources in hard content so you want them to do what they do best and not die while doing it. Crow's TM is great for Ayaka or Roy. I plan to toss one on a tank as well.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Anybody got a friend unit that can carry my team through the Sol boss fight? I’m getting completely stomped.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That FFBE Equip site is sweet when you put in extra conditions. I had a TT that I put together myself that was fine for soloing LGD, put putting in the calculator (magic, 100% evade, water, and wind resist) put an extra ~120 magic on her. It really just makes the whole process 3 rounds shorter, but it adds up. Although the biggest help was it knowing TT can equip L shields, which I completely forgot.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
Yes that site is amazing but go make a cup of coffee if you need to maximize an eHP magic cover tank with multiple elemental resistances!

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that calculation took about 15 minutes. Then again, it had the best build at like 20% calculated and after that it just spun it’s wheels for the last 80%.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
was trying to find if that site allows me to equip multiple units, like "fry's got the genji glove so take it out of the pool for my next build" type thing?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Is there anyway to spend those anniversary medals yet?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

MonsieurChoc posted:

Is there anyway to spend those anniversary medals yet?

Store opens on the 28th 29th, the anniversary.

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/2nd_Year_Anniversary

Specifically:
https://exvius.gamepedia.com/2nd_Anniversary_Countdown

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jun 20, 2018

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Alright, thanks.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
If this Raid unit's TMR is stackable and at least 30% those will be pretty nice to throw on the Lara Croft's we got back in March.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

Cobalt60 posted:

was trying to find if that site allows me to equip multiple units, like "fry's got the genji glove so take it out of the pool for my next build" type thing?

Yes, it does: you can open multiple tabs for multiple characters in the builder.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

LadyPictureShow posted:

Anybody got a friend unit that can carry my team through the Sol boss fight? I’m getting completely stomped.

What is your strategy for Sol? He dispels when you have a buff, which also dispels a cover ability. If you can bring one high MP unit dedicated to using Manufacted Nethicite each turn, then you can buff and use a magic tank like normal.

If that is not working for you, I can put up a 100% evasion and element resist T.Terra on Carbuncle, but I don't know if she can tank the ultima he throws out or if her Cura heals enough to recover. Sol also imperils, but I think if you buff with Magic Activation then Sol should dispel everything.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

If you don't have manufactured nethicite, which was an event reward from a year ago, you can also use Celes.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So what were the 7* awakening batches in the Japanese version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So what were the 7* awakening batches in the Japanese version?

You can see them here https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Update_Schedule