Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The batches were based on their original release for the most part. The only divergences were Gilgamesh/Nyx (Why?) and Ayaka (she was really strong still and they were probably still working out how 7* healers would look like)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I would bet that we're going to see them get released a bit differently in GE.

I think they front loaded the release in JP with Orlandeau and Dark Veritas to keep the meta more or less the same. I wouldn't be surprised to see them push Dark Veritas a month or two and release him along with his ability awakening.

Hopefully they'll actually fix some of the worse awakenings in GE and make Marie more useful, give Beatrix actually decent chain frames, or do something with Gilgamesh that isn't :psyduck: levels of bad.

I fully expect them to be lazy with the GE characters and just dump them all at some point.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Global has at least been really good about fixing frames on chaining units, so I imagine Beatrix will get the same treatment.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

PDQ Law posted:

What is your strategy for Sol? He dispels when you have a buff, which also dispels a cover ability. If you can bring one high MP unit dedicated to using Manufacted Nethicite each turn, then you can buff and use a magic tank like normal.

If that is not working for you, I can put up a 100% evasion and element resist T.Terra on Carbuncle, but I don't know if she can tank the ultima he throws out or if her Cura heals enough to recover. Sol also imperils, but I think if you buff with Magic Activation then Sol should dispel everything.

I recently reshuffled my squad, right now have WoL, Marie and Rikku, Barbariccia with Odin for fingersnap, and Noctis. I’m not sure what to do with the latter two slots.

I don’t have manufactured Nethicite or Celes, unfortunately.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Skyridge posted:

Global has at least been really good about fixing frames on chaining units, so I imagine Beatrix will get the same treatment.

Except they didn't fix her on release, which they could have done.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

LadyPictureShow posted:

I recently reshuffled my squad, right now have WoL, Marie and Rikku, Barbariccia with Odin for fingersnap, and Noctis. I’m not sure what to do with the latter two slots.

I don’t have manufactured Nethicite or Celes, unfortunately.

I'd swap Marie for a real healer if you have a better one, if you're using Rikku as a back-up healer/AOE raiser. Otherwise I'd bring more DPS geared for survivability or bring a friend as dedicated Nethicite user.

I put up T.Terra on Carbuncle. I tested her twice against Sol. She shrugged off the imperiled hits, and as long as she keeps healed above 50% hp she shouldn't be in danger from the ultima.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Khisanth Magus posted:

Except they didn't fix her on release, which they could have done.

They could have at, at the very least have her chain with herself even though that was a enhancement buff initially.

I doubt they are going to blanket fix a whole lot of characters with the change to 7*, it would be a lot of work given the pacing they released in japan. But at the very least they can improve units like Marie that don't have a functional roll in the 7* world.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got my third off banner rainbow without nichol yet, this one was new at least but i dont think dark veritas is relevant anymore

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

rabidsquid posted:

i got my third off banner rainbow without nichol yet, this one was new at least but i dont think dark veritas is relevant anymore

I'd love a DV, but only for stupid story reasons. It's the same reason I want a CG Sakura to complete my set of CG characters and want VoL, VoF, and DV to have a full set of Veritases.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Agreed. I don’t see them doing a ton of work on the 7* just because of how much that would actually entail. I’m sure there’s been a lot of consideration in that regard, but hopefully they just work at making the lovely ones less lovely.

The batch release schedule I’m also curious about. It looks like they wanted to do 15 a month and shorted the second month to feed the first release: 20/10/14/15 units. The nice thing I guess is that it only took a total of 3 months. Maybe we’ll get that cycle shortened a bit. Or maybe the GEs which inflate our 7* count will be crammed into month 2 to even out the numbers.

rabidsquid posted:

Still a good 7* if you want to UoC for him. And his TMR gets a “buff” now that we’re getting a second (and better) +atk heavy armor from the Iron Duder.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

werdnam posted:

I'd love a DV, but only for stupid story reasons. It's the same reason I want a CG Sakura to complete my set of CG characters and want VoL, VoF, and DV to have a full set of Veritases.

i still need a Flame Veritas to complete that set. honestly DV is less disappointing than my second Knight Delita was. Zargabaath was my other off banner rainbow which might actually be okay if he gets insane enhancements but i doubt he'll be anything close to Nichol.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

PDQ Law posted:

I'd swap Marie for a real healer if you have a better one, if you're using Rikku as a back-up healer/AOE raiser. Otherwise I'd bring more DPS geared for survivability or bring a friend as dedicated Nethicite user.

I put up T.Terra on Carbuncle. I tested her twice against Sol. She shrugged off the imperiled hits, and as long as she keeps healed above 50% hp she shouldn't be in danger from the ultima.

The only other half decent support/healers I have are Crowe and Luka. Should I swap one of them in in place of Marie?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kings Knight raid and unit banner goes away during maintenance tonight.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/8skjyk/gl_maintenance_what_is_ending_and_when/

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
drat I want that king pot, better pop a bit of lapis on this one

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

So do we know what these Just Cause units nobody wanted actually do yet?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im pretty sure its a safe pass unless you really really want a good dodge accessory.

e-Rico is the unholy bastard of a bunch of GL mechanics that has soon to be completely outclassed aoe breaks like WoL but on a base 5*. The base 3* in the banner is at least useful for people just starting out that want higher gil and drop rates and still havent pulled a xon.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 21, 2018

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Worth noting on this raid and the gacha - even though the currency sells for 10g each you’d have to be absurdly unlucky not to straight up make more doing pulls. I’ve been averaging like 30% more gil just off of turtles alone.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Ugato posted:

Worth noting on this raid and the gacha - even though the currency sells for 10g each you’d have to be absurdly unlucky not to straight up make more doing pulls. I’ve been averaging like 30% more gil just off of turtles alone.

Yes, I've made quite a bit of money from this raid.

Tall Tale Teller posted:

So do we know what these Just Cause units nobody wanted actually do yet?

Rico is a Divine Ruination family chainer, it seems.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
According to the user survey of the first King's Knight raid, summoning should average a value around 7.2 gil per coin, compared to 10 gil for selling one. This is assuming you're also selling the cactaurs and raid materials. Unless the survey was skewed or the rates changed it's more efficient to just sell the coins if all you want is gil.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Rico is a Divine Ruination family chainer, it seems.

They changed their mind, he’s now Octoslash.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/8sq943/gl_maint_quick_peek_62118/

Also Zarg enhancements are trickling in...

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
https://i.imgur.com/ee4yHR4.gifv

That is all.

e: dang thing is a gifv, bah.

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jun 21, 2018

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

LadyPictureShow posted:

The only other half decent support/healers I have are Crowe and Luka. Should I swap one of them in in place of Marie?

Looks like you're right that Marie is your best healer.

Is WoL your best MAG breaker? Zyrus has a 50% mag break, as do Tim and Mim even if you don't level their LBs. Even going to a 50% break might be enough to survive.

Anyway, I added you, so whenever my T.Terra pops up you can give Sol another try.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Put up a triple-Maneater holy-elemental Lila for Iron Giant if anyone wants a chaining partner.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Have a Lila I can chain with, is Lila better for some reason?

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
She can use physical killers to do magic damage and has huge multipliers on her chain abilities.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Yeah just got done with the Iron Giant, Lila melted his face off.

I was a little too cautious but whatever, fight easily won. Bring 2 Lila, evade phys cover tank, buffer, and someone that can break mag and you're pretty solid. I also took Sephiroth for the light imperil.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

arisu posted:

Yeah just got done with the Iron Giant, Lila melted his face off.

I was a little too cautious but whatever, fight easily won. Bring 2 Lila, evade phys cover tank, buffer, and someone that can break mag and you're pretty solid. I also took Sephiroth for the light imperil.

Yeah I brought Delita to 65% break SPR, Sephiroth to 100% imperil holy and CG Nichol to 134% buff, it was WAY overkill with 2 Lilas.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I’m all set to give it a shot but I have 0 Lilas in my friends list. :smith:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ugato posted:

I’ll put mine up. Max SPR build?

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Ugato posted:

Accepted your request :kiddo:

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
A couple people swapped. I was able to get ye olde Giant. Thanks!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Yeah, I swapped to Lila and gave her, her moment to shine. Went in a little too light on the DPS with just two Lila. Chow wasn't as necessary as I thought with CG Lid and Cg Nichol breaking and buffing their best, meteor did like 1k a turn.

Second run used Sephiroth for Light Res debuff and wiped him so fast I forgot about the Esper. Oh well, that wasn't that great a materia anyway.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

PDQ Law posted:

PDQ, thanks a million! I still won even though Noctis was useless on offense because I forgot to swap out his Excalibur.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Intangir+ down after two wipes because my LBs on my DPS units are garbo. first wipe was a learning wipe.

He's pretty easy if you can keep the pattern up.
My Team was Wilhelm, Ayaka, CG Lid, Mysdia, Fryevia and friend Fryevia.

Round One: Ayaka brought back the dead, Mys did her status protection buff, Lid used Maintenance to help her innate LB build, Wilhelm got provoke up. Fry's sat and did nothing.

Round Two: Ayaka reraised Mys while dispelga Int. Wilhelm used general's command, Lid got the party started with her break, Frys took off with their FFB chain and Mys got ready for the spell with Tri Wall.

Round Three: Only Mys took damage so she may have needed raising again, if she didn't then party mp refresh from Ayaka and Lid. Frys sit. Wihlelm refreshes provoke.

Repeat rounds 2 and three until very low toss in an esper with Wilhelm when applicable. Use reset trick to figure out how much life he needs to have for an LB to kill him and whiddle him down then win.

You're only ever in danger if you don't let him sleep for a round or let him wake up on his own.

Quality Control
Feb 2, 2001

Your are very dangerous. Be dead down here.
There's a really easy way to cheese that fight. You need at least one Fryevia that's petrify immune(can be a friend unit and you just bring someone that can chain with her that's also petrify immune) and someone who can hide and has dualcast equipped with Phoenix that has Raise learned(Xon works great).

Turn 1: Fryevia survives the preemptive Meteor because of I shall not lose! and rez's your rezzer with a Phoenix Down.

Turn 2: Rezzer hides and your dps attack.

Turn 3: Rezzer dualcasts Raise.

Then just repeat Turn 2/3. Throw out your LB's/Esper somewhere in there. Took me around 30 turns with zero chance of failure.

Edit: Actually it looks like you have to use Xon since his hide is only 1 turn while the others are 3-5 turns and that could cause problems.

Quality Control fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 21, 2018

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Quality Control posted:

There's a really easy way to cheese that fight. You need at least one Fryevia that's petrify immune(can be a friend unit and you just bring someone that can chain with her that's also petrify immune) and someone who can hide and has dualcast equipped with Phoenix that has Raise learned(Xon works great).

Turn 1: Fryevia survives the preemptive Meteor because of I shall not lose! and rez's your rezzer with a Phoenix Down.

Lila works as well because her high SPR allows her to survive T1.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Zargaman enhancements sort of seem to solidify him a a solid support but not really cg nichol territory, sort of expected but I'm guessing his 7* is whats going to push him over the edge with the ability to double cast probably.

Xiao is probably the most interesting enhancements by the looks of it. She gains counter on ally hit, a taunt, a massive hp/mp recover an auto revive, damage mitigation and big boost to damage. The design is bonkers and too bad she's saddled by 3* stats because it would be really fun on a higher tier character

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jun 22, 2018

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
God drat I have wasted a lot of NRG on failed attempts on the Tech crysts stage and the Iron Giant. I keep messing up on Calixte or getting MP drained after 50%, respectively.

ETA: Well, Basch covers a lot better when you actually equip things to him ... Sometimes equipment management is a bit of a chore in this game!

werdnam fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jun 22, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So these Caves of Crystals... will the missions reset every story event or will they have to be mined for Lapis each time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
There are some pretty nice bundles up for grabs for Lapis.

And today was a pretty good day for pulls for me. I saved the remainder (20 I think?) of my 4* tickets to fish for the JC 4*. Only took me 4 tickets to get him. Second ticket was Wilhelm #2. Then I burned the rest on the Nichol banner because if nothing else I wanted moogles (up to 375% worth banked now). And for icing on the cake, the last of my 4* tickets was cg Nichol #2.