Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Missing Link posted:

https://youtu.be/KFXwyi85gMA

An apple ad featuring a song about big black cock.

My favorite thing is the song isn't even using clever lyrics to hide it, it's just straight out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aesop Poprock posted:

Always thought it was weird that modest mouse were on The OC since it seemed to represent everything Isaac Brock hated about society

I read an interview with him where he talked about how much he hated hippies. Not for the standard "darn kids and their music, get a haircut!" but because when he was a kid there was a music festival in a park near his home that attracted tons of hippies to it. He loved that park, but after the festival, the hippies had absolutly destroyed it, leaving garbage everywhere, destroying the grass and other plants, and just over all wrecking it.

That reminds me how there was a short lived TV series called Time of your Life that was a spin off of Party of Five I think, about one of the characters going off to search for her real dad, and it used that Green Day song as its opening, also based the whole series on that song it seemed. Thing is that song is really melancholy and clearly about a really bad break up and the heartache it caused, not literally hoping for the time of your life.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

RBA Starblade posted:

That Green Day song was used for my and seemingly everyone else's high school graduation too.

There must be a name for the condition for people who can only hear lyrics that are in the chorus, not the body of the song.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TwystNeko posted:

This past Canada Day, I was doing balloons for an event, and there was a live band. Now, bear in mind that this is a kid's oriented party.. so I think covering Pumped Up Kicks is a pretty drat inappropriate song. This happens more often than I'd like to admit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDTZ7iX4vTQ

Maybe they were like me and thought the lyric was "faster than my puppet" when they chose it?

• Locked thread