Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Certainly people who needed MitB more and who you could tell interesting stories with, but it's not a bad thing to have the big monster dude win it for once, hopefully he just keeps stopping the show and demanding a match vs. Lesnar until he gets one. A solid guy and a good situation with Brock being part-time where just cashing in for a regular match makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

Hahahaha, I knew my chances.

Hurrr you're so smart

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i want braun to sit at ringside with the case @ summerslam

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Eh gently caress it let's watch the Hardys 24 and get even more sad for a while.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

i was feeling confident about miz winning so i prepared this image

please enjoy what could have been

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
So, two good matches (with three good endings) off an otherwise lovely card

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Jerusalem posted:

So Kevin Owens was absolutely in the right and everybody should have teamed up to take out BRAUN before the match started.

Yup. He left on a stretcher too.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Hurrr you're so smart

Ah, I see we've reached this part of the PPV experience.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Everyone upset about our big special boy can leave

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Have BRAUN cash in tomorrow demanding a match where the title can change by countout victory.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Kofi and Miz dont really need elevation since they have other poo poo to have, and Roode sucks anyways. Ruru was the only real loss here.

This helps because now Braun gets the belt off Bork and Raw actually has a loving main champion. Even WWE cant gently caress that up.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I don't understand the position that Braun didn't need this; for all his dominant booking he's won precisely dick apart from a one day joke tag title reign.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

So three chances for a cash-in I guess

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Abroham Lincoln posted:

i was feeling confident about miz winning so i prepared this image

please enjoy what could have been

Now replace miz with Braun Nudeman

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Hurrr you're so smart

I'm sorry you're lashing out after I called out the WWE's bad booking again.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Shoenin posted:

Kofi and Miz dont really need elevation since they have other poo poo to have, and Roode sucks anyways. Ruru was the only real loss here.

This helps because now Braun gets the belt off Bork and Raw actually has a loving main champion. Even WWE cant gently caress that up.

Remember Bayley?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

Ah, I see we've reached this part of the PPV experience.

Still better than him swearing New Japan sucks and could never have this kind of quality storytelling and you guys really need to stop talking about things you like instead of what just made you miserable

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

CapnAndy posted:

I don't understand the position that Braun didn't need this; for all his dominant booking he's won precisely dick apart from a one day joke tag title reign.

lmao lookit this guy forgetting THE GREATEST ROYAL RUMBLE

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Shoenin posted:

Even WWE cant gently caress that up.
Sure they can, just wait

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That wasn't a bad show but it was too long, and it sucks that this is the format going forward. The extra length meant extra time for matches which in theory is good, but stuff like Asuka/Carmella, Roman/Jinder and Bryan/Cass really did NOT need to be more than a few minutes at most.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

That wasn't a bad show but it was too long, and it sucks that this is the format going forward. The extra length meant extra time for matches which in theory is good, but stuff like Asuka/Carmella, Roman/Jinder and Bryan/Cass really did NOT need to be more than a few minutes at most.

Not to mention how front-loaded the PPV was with commercials

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011

PASS THE MASH posted:

Good for Brain but this doesn’t elevate him the way it would Rusev

Sadly, Brains didn’t qualify for MitB this year. He probably could have stopped his brother though

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
some sort of tie in where woken matt helps braun find lesnar in some field in saskatchewan where he cashes in would be so loving amazing that it won't happen but should

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shoenin posted:

Even WWE cant gently caress that up.

Chris James 2 posted:

The golden rule should be "Anybody who thinks WWE is gonna gently caress something up is ultimately right, even if they get minor parts like the exact timing of it wrong" because really it's got a streak longer than Asuka's and Goldberg's combined, plus Brock's reign, going right now

bartok
May 10, 2006

that was a mediocre PPV

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Shoenin posted:

:toxx:

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Jerusalem posted:

it's funny you say it was too long because my wife was working and i put my kids to bed and i was just shocked that i was still able to watch so much of the ppv, so yeah it was pretty long, but that will be norm now

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Now replace miz with Braun Nudeman

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This Hardy doc is pretty crazy honest :stare:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
uhhhhh i dont like braun as a winner either lol good show wwe.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Alexa and Braun winning MITB was fine for me, I think the way Alexa cashed in was good and Braun still being unstoppable is also good

But goddamn, were all the singles matches bad!

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
This 24 is really hosed.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Congrats WWE, you just made my roommate say gently caress this to his WWE Network sub and sign up for NJPW World instead.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I don't think anyone's actually hating on Braun winning. I love Braun. It's just he's always a badass, they could book him to wrestle Lesnar tmw on RAW and win the title and I'd believe it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Psychepath posted:

This 24 is really hosed.

Who is he torturing now

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Psychepath posted:

This 24 is really hosed.

Yeah. The footage of the Hardy's hosed up behind the scenes and during DVD stuff is especially jarring.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Barreft posted:

I don't think anyone's actually hating on Braun winning. I love Braun. It's just he's always a badass, they could book him to wrestle Lesnar tmw on RAW and win the title and I'd believe it.

kofi wins, he gets a really cool fun cash in for the belt doesn't have to keep it long at all, then he gets to retire and you can run big E solo or still do the tag team, hell keep kofi away then bring him in as their manager, kind of what i thought would be cool

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

This Hardy doc is pretty crazy honest :stare:

Yeah, that shot of them wandering about on their property, realizing belatedly they've got hot mics was pretty :stare:

Edit: Oh God I remember when Hardy shot this video about CM Punk

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Barreft posted:

I am actively hating on Braun winning because he gains absolutely nothing from having the briefcase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
...they're allowed to say TNA? They're allowed to show TNA? Are they gonna show the Sting match?

• Locked thread