Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
You'd think a game about the Organization would give more focus to the members of the Organization. But I guess Axel didn't get enough screentime in the two other games that he prominently featured in. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

1234567890num posted:

Wait, so Heartless population is normal? I thought it's because of Xehanort loving up things.

Well, keep in mind that it has been 10 years since Hollow Bastion got darkness-ed on, which led to the whole Heartless thing in the first place. Then again, Deep Jungle had no Heartless at all during that time until Clayton called to them.

I guess it varies?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Twilight Town is the oddest case considering there are no Heartless here at all in KH2.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I love how Lexaeus' thing in the Organization is just beating children half to death.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You can kill it now, but that relies on Marluxia being the primary damage dealer while you hide in the corner and try to avoid eye contact. :v:

berryjon posted:

Yeah, taking out the Zip Slasher now isn't really worth the technical tedium you have to go through at this point. On the other hand, it's a great introduction to the whole line of this Heartless - which oddly enough only appears in this game and in X/Cross Chi/whatever you want to call the mobile game.

There's also the Eliminator in Re:Coded.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

1234567890num posted:

Isn't Eliminator a completely different type of Heartless? Looking at the wiki it's a recolor of Defender.

Oh, you meant the sword guys, not the "Heartless that show up at the end of missions to murder you".

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Onmi posted:

The initial idea was that as is traditional for most RPGs, Sora would be joined by Aladdin, Jack, Peter Pan etc. Permanently over the course of the game. Disney, for their own reasons, didn't want this.

Was the reason that they hated money?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

With height like that, I'd play basketball, too.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I love how this is about one of the few times we see Braig/Xigbar lose his composure due to the fact that he can't just troll the only person around. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It's amazing how, in an Organization run by the Nobody of the biggest rear end in a top hat in the universe, Saix still manages to achieve levels of assholery that are unmatched by anyone else.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

If they wanted to minimalize interaction, why not have Roxas go to worlds Sora doesn't visit in KH2? :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

B. Emblems were lame.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

But I thought everyone at Castle Oblivion died!
Nah, it was just everyone except me.
Hahahahaha!
Well, let's go have ice cream.

Man, Roxas must've really hated those guys.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Marluxia was probably the most polite to Roxas of the Castle Oblivion members, if a bit obsessed with the Keyblade.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I thought Riku was the one who got the boss rush?

berryjon posted:

It's sad when Re:Coded's magic system was better than this.

Well, Re:Coded's magic system was basically just BBS'.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Isn't Riku more useful than Beast in KH2?

Though, you do get him really late in TWTNW.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

1234567890num posted:

They're gonna turn me into a Dusk once they find out they don't need me.

You can do that?

The beginning of KH2 has Axel mention that Xemnas has been threatening him with this if he doesn't kill Roxas.

Whether he can actually make good on that threat isn't known, though he does have a scene in Final Mix where he begins to do some flashy orb thing as a threat.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Saïx is a jerk.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Oh yeah, the Organization does want her to absorb Roxas, which is undoubtedly why resident puppy-kicker is okay with the two BFFs hanging out.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Why are Beast and Belle arguing? Wouldn't this logically be a point in their relationship where they're on good terms considering she has the ballroom dress in KH1? :psyduck:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

In Chain of Memories, Maleficent has Belle captive and Belle's idea of how to keep Beast safe is to say cruel things to him to try and chase him away.

Beast's response is the quoted line.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Poor Roxas. Trying to find answers in a series that only raises more questions.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Demyx deserves to be bullied.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Roxas would be amazing at CinemaSins.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Antlion was cool and fun.

Which is more than I can say for certain other original Heartless in this game. Especially one in particular. :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Eat pasta. :v:

How can Sora winning the Hercules Cup not be canon, though? That would mean he never sealed the Keyhole.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

But what about the Pegasus Cup?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

1234567890num posted:

You've changed.

Or maybe you're just an rear end in a top hat. :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, given that Belle has the yellow dress in the first Kingdom Hearts, it makes no sense that they're not closer.

But I think I said that already.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Xaldin at least tried to involve Disney in the main plot and I respect him for that.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Next page, hoooo.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Maybe he meets Sandy Claws during Roxas' week in the Matrix? :shrug:

Also, gently caress those ghosts.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I think purple Darkside was the point where I started realizing how lazy this game's Heartless design was.

At least we get a new world. Eventually.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Out of context bone.

In hindsight, yeah, the Heartless never do cause serious problems in Halloween Town. Heck, a boss just holds onto Lock, Shock, and Barrel in KH2 without trying to snack on their hearts at all.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So, it's been a while since I've played Days, but am I correct in assuming that everyone who doesn't have a connection to Sora, Namine, or Kairi sees Xion as her robot/armor/whatever form?

Also, Luxord definitely feels like the most neglected Organization member, and that's including CO's guys. Even his element is weird. He seems to focus more on using his cards rather than time.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I would assume that's because Ven's heart is in Sora and thereby affecting Xion as well. Or something.

And yeah, that sounds about right for Luxord. Maybe he'll get to do more in Kingdom Hearts III.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

According to the official soundtrack for BBS/Days/Coded, the title themes for the music here are "Secret of Neverland" (World) and "Crossing to Neverland" (Combat). :eng101:

The other tracks also have official names that can be seen here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ8XdYW3e2o

Also, you'd think Hook would be able to control the Heartless like in the first game. Did he just forget how? He calls them in his boss fight with Sora. :psyduck:

1234567890num posted:

I know that KH1 is like this all the time, which is why I never finished that game.

Aw, but KH1 is fun.

1234567890num posted:

Sadly, none of the Organization members' limit is the same as their KH2 desperation moves.

Xemnas', interestingly enough, is his Desperation Move from KH1. For whatever reason, he doesn't have the move at all in KH2.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 6, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

1234567890num posted:

why does only Xion got a special name for her theme?

:iiam:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

1234567890num posted:

We begin this day with a scene of Sora giving his heart to Kairi. Or returning Kairi's heart. I'm still not sure how exactly returning Kairi's heart turns him into a Heartless and creates a Nobody.

Not!Ansem's Keyblade amplifies the darkness of the Heart or something like that, causing Sora to become a Heartless, which releases Kairi's heart at the same time.

That said, I have no idea why Maleficent didn't turn into a Heartless when she got stabbed, unless she was in the process before we killed her/better in control of darkness and didn't succumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

1234567890num posted:

Maybe she did. Turns out, the Maleficent that we see since KH2 is actually Maleficent's Heartless. Her Nobody is in the same place as Scar's, which are in

That would require Nomura to do something meaningful with Maleficent in a post-KH1 world.

Paused posted:

The game can handle having 2 (and more apparently) partners at the same time and it does it... Once?!

Xion plays exactly the same as Roxas, down to having the same Limit Break, and there's no section of the story where you shift focus to see what's going on with her. Which essentially means that Xion is more or less a worse Roxas because she doesn't eventually get the Dual Wield option that he does in multiplayer.