Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Guys guess what

Angela won HoH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
lol holy poo poo that just puts a nail in this season then. Goodbye JC, Sam after that, then you have Tyler throw the final HOH and have either Angela or Kaycee shoot the other, then blam Tyler wins $500k

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

yeah I skipped the past few episodes, tuned in for the DE and now I'm going back to sleep. I really felt the Angela/Tyler/Kaycee f3 was confirmed as soon as Brett lost that veto... I suppose there could be some finale night drama

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

SalTheBard posted:

lol holy poo poo that just puts a nail in this season then. Goodbye JC, Sam after that, then you have Tyler throw the final HOH and have either Angela or Kaycee shoot the other, then blam Tyler wins $500k

I don’t think Tyler beats any of the remaining houseguests at F2 with the exception of Sam

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tyler could potentially win against Angela, it depends.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

A Typical Goon posted:

I don’t think Tyler beats any of the remaining houseguests at F2 with the exception of Sam

He 100% wins against Sam or Angela. Kaycee he's like 50/50 with.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I want Tyler to win, but Kaycee has won a lot comps lately and Angela too.

They talked about the jury voting as a block, but they are not good at this.

I can’t see Angela beating either of them though

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Did anyone see Brett's face when Julie called him Brent in her outro? It's like a fast flipbook of shock/anger, annoyance, then despair. I would have felt bad if it was anyone but Brett. It just painfully shattered his ego, you can see it in his face, and it was hilarious. Me and my wife rewound it like 8 times.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I could see Angela beating Tyler. The jury hates her but they seemed to respect her more than Tyler. Like, do you want to reward the rear end in a top hat who got bathed in blood and was too much of a prick to care to wash it off, or the one who kept lying and claiming his hands were clean and making a fool of you for giving him another chance? Plus Tyler kind of hosed up by insisting Kaitlyn manipulated him because then it made FOUTTE convinced that Angela was controlling him too. Angela a shithead but they just think Tyler's a tool.

I'd probably go 50/50 with anyone right now. Sam's maybe the one person I can't see winning but for her to get to the end she'd have to beast out a little and that might be enough to please the jury for sticking it to L6.

You'd think an end game where I thought everyone had roughly even chances of winning would be more interesting.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

CancerStick posted:

I, like many, have tuned out but I don't really recall Trump/Politics being a major issue in the house. JC is a trump support I know for sure. I'm not sure who the others were, but I am sure there were one or two others. Maybe Sam?

Really, JC? Wow. I figured Sam and some of the guys were, but wasn’t sure about Haleigh, Tyler and Angela.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
JC is very republican.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, JC is a "socially liberal, fiscally conservative" Republican. He's also "people need to pay less attention to politics and just vote every four years." And he's pro Trump and dismissive of the criticisms of him, which is no major surprise given JC's own behavior. He basically says "I'm not from America, I've been everywhere, whatever problems America and Trump have its nothing and America is the best." He dismissed "Black Lives Matter" as "in other countries the cops just kill everyone or there aren't even cops and people kill each other." It largely seems shallow and ignorant more than any deeply thought out idealogy. Like the "there's some truth to that... but you're not thinking it out fully" sort of stuff.

Haleigh seemed pretty liberal although the only times I heard her discuss politics directly it was pretty "all politicians suck, we'd be better off with out government and starting over" college level insight. And it often came up around Scottie so it had that over the top snarky comedy thing they did.

Tyler and Angela seemed hyper camera conscious and just veered away from stuff like that. Tyler was really weirdly hardcore about that and its kind of part of the whole "Tyler is fake" thing. I think Tyler was playing a game this summer and putting on a show and I have no idea what that means for his real opinions of the world. And Angela got checked pretty early with the racist stuff with Rachel and basically didn't speak for weeks until she started getting all mean girl. Then she kind of got low key defensive and victimy about the show portraying her unfairly and as mean after Zingbot. But that's when I started checking out. I mostly just remember Brett starting to freak out that he may have been too big of an rear end in a top hat and people might not like him and Angela seeming in that "Its all unfair, I don't care, I'm so scared, I'm over it" wobbling.

Sam I have no idea. The only time I remember her speaking terribly politically was that one night she started rallying against the poor because Rockstar was ragging on L6 being rich and entitled. But like, Sam is Sam and she was all over the place and that never came up again from what I saw. So who knows?

eidt: Just to be balanced and cover the rest: Rockstar was very liberal but kind of "internet woke, stay at home mom" so. Bay was very outspoken on social justice stuff but also seemed to have some kind of contradictory "grew up in the south" stuff (and just in general is the kind of person who you can't tell is wrong about anything). Fessy seemed generally to agree with Bay and Rockstar but not terribly engaged or intellectual, if that surprises you. I don't remember Kaitlyn, Scottie, Steve, and Angela ever really saying anything. Winston and Brett were very "lol libtards" but only really discussed it amngst themselves.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 16, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This post made me remember I'm like 3 episodes unwatched so I decided to turn them on.

Wow. There really WAS a whole segment about stuff Angela smells. Wow. And they referenced it later after they spent half the episode on former players. Which I'm not even complaining about, because it was more interesting than the BB20 cast. I mean... I was relieved to see Paul back in the house. THAT's what BB20 has come to.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I stopped watching whenever Scottie came back and said he wanted to work with Tyler. This is the first season I have quit on. Congrats BB20. My streak started with BB5 and died here.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

God drat. This poo poo's so boring they made a segment out of Kaycee and Tyler getting outraged that JC would target Kaycee and Angela. At F6.

That was the most boring week in BB history. And half of the TV time went to a Double Eviction and former houseguests getting engaged.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ok, watching these episodes was entirely worth it for Haleigh's goodbye messages.

Angela: Haleigh, I'm so sorry you're gone but its totally Brett's fault because I love you.
Brett: Haleigh, I'm so sorry you're gone but its totally Angela's fault because I love you.
Haleigh: Is this a joke?

And Ha! Tyler told Brett to throw the POV and then backdoored him.

The one thing I will absolutely remember about this season is Level 6's jury management.

edit:

Chenbot: You got played, son.
HA!

Ok, the Brett Hater in me is enjoying this. Julie did everything short of calling Brett an idiot.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Sep 16, 2018

Fallen One
May 1, 2007

" Whoa! Death? He's come for me!... Death is sleeping too..."

ToastyPotato posted:

I stopped watching whenever Scottie came back and said he wanted to work with Tyler. This is the first season I have quit on. Congrats BB20. My streak started with BB5 and died here.

It's terrible that no one wants to target Tyler but that was Scottie's only real card to play other than "win a comp every week or go home". Can't blame him for working with what he thought was his most solid relationship.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

edit:

Chenbot: You got played, son.
HA!

Ok, the Brett Hater in me is enjoying this. Julie did everything short of calling Brett an idiot.

I think you mean Brent

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

ToastyPotato posted:

I also haven't watched much of the past couple of weeks.

Has anyone figured out yet that Tyler has a Final 2 with everyone in the house?

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

Binary Logic posted:

Not AFAIK, but I don't watch the feeds. It's amazing how tissue-thin his advantage is right now, and nobody in the house knows it because they don't talk to each other.

This has been a very dull season -- very few good players, and a LOT of bad players. Extremely predictable week to week. They even voted out the token old guy in week one, per the script. I want a house full of good players being clever. This season we have a tiny handful of skilled players playing the absolute safest, risk-free game possible.

A few pages back someone mentioned how bad the hacker twist was, and I agree. It's like CBS was trying to throw some unpredictability into the game, but they ended up with randomness instead, and it essentially negated the importance of HoH and Veto, and I don't think people want to see that. I don't.

You know what I'd like to see: a season with a house full of people who've never watched the show before.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

That's 80% of a regular season, unless you mean they don't get the DVD's of the last couple seasons... which I suspect most of them never bother to finish anyway.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, its pretty obvious at least half of the recruits don't really watch anything. Fessy and Sam were pretty open that they didn't really. Most of L6 were pretty clueless. The only people who seemed terribly aware of the game were Tyler, Rockstar, Scottie, Haleigh... I think that's it.

Binary Logic posted:

I think its just the Paul situation. Everyone kind of knows Tyler's working with everyone else but they trust that he's REALLY loyal to them. Sam and JC both know by now they've been played but they really can't do anything about it. Kaycee thinks her F2 is good. Angela thinks her F3 with Kaycee is good and then she's got her showmance with him. Brett thought his F2 was good and Tyler burned him.

Exposing Tyler is kind of inconsequential at this point as he's exposed himself for the most part. Everyone basically knows he's a snake. Sam outright called him one a few weeks back. JC looked like Tyler killed his puppy during the DE. But they're either all too in love wth him to lash out or they think it makes him kind of a goat.

Which is the big Jury question we'll have to see. WE know Tyler's played a pretty good game and was really carrying L6 and controlling poo poo through the first half. But the house doesn't see it that way because Tyler's spent the entire game trying to hide his game. He did a little too good of a job to the point where most of the house thought Kaitlyn was manipulating him and most of the Jury things Angela was manipulating him. They don't necessarily see Tyler as a mastermind. They might see him as a puppet and tool. Or at best just a part of an alliance where Angela got her hands dirty, Brett played more social games, and Kaycee just kind of won more and didn't do it dirty. So what makes Tyler special?

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 16, 2018

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Why do they recruit people who haven’t watched the game?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Pillowpants posted:

Why do they recruit people who haven’t watched the game?
It’s much more interesting to see someone learn the game fresh than be like “oh yeah its otev this week, battle back is up, etc”. A season of houseguests who had never seen the show would be truer to the experiment (imo of course).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Also they want pretty people, tv personalities, and casting types. We've also kind of seen a pattern of casting sources. Haleigh goes to Texas A&M which BB18 Corey played baseball for and BB16 Caleb played football for. Rachel is close friends with BB17 Jackie who was close friends with someone I'm forgetting. We've picked up on these patterns the last couple of years. BB16 Pao Pao, BB18 Natalie, and BB15 Gina Marie all belong to the same modeling agency and knew each other. BB17 Meg was besties with Survivor Andrea. Natalie and Paulie had actually interacted outside the house. Tyler and Angela are from the same drat SC island town. CBS casting obviously just pulls from some established pools which makes someone like Sam seem so out of left field.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

STAC Goat posted:

Also they want pretty people, tv personalities, and casting types. We've also kind of seen a pattern of casting sources. Haleigh goes to Texas A&M which BB18 Corey played baseball for and BB16 Caleb played football for. Rachel is close friends with BB17 Jackie who was close friends with someone I'm forgetting. We've picked up on these patterns the last couple of years. BB16 Pao Pao, BB18 Natalie, and BB15 Gina Marie all belong to the same modeling agency and knew each other. BB17 Meg was besties with Survivor Andrea. Natalie and Paulie had actually interacted outside the house. Tyler and Angela are from the same drat SC island town. CBS casting obviously just pulls from some established pools which makes someone like Sam seem so out of left field.

This is the answer. Reality TV shows typically rely on casting agencies and those agencies are going to look for people that check off various boxes. Being familiar with the show isn't going to be a priority. And for the explanation as to why so many people seem connected, casting agents for things like this literally have no choice but to resort to asking around for recommendations and submissions. Like they will literally post on their own personal social media, since they will certainly be connected to tons of people (networking is a massive part of the job) about calls for submissions to whatever project they are casting. And since they are likely to have friended someone they previously cast, and might even still be in touch, so that is how that happens. It is also how sometimes you get the really left field casting choices, because so many times, someone will see a posting and then convince one of their friends with no connection to that world to do it. Or friends of friends share the postings and it ends up in front of seemingly random people.

Source: I know someone who works for such a casting agency. Even if CBS or whoever is actually producing the show did its casting in house for this show (and it might, now that I think about it), I almost guarantee it would function identically because it is a system that not only works, but is ridiculously efficient. The alternative is primarily using submitted tapes and having to go through every single one of them hoping you find gold, and then hoping they don't flop on the interview rounds.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My super unknowledgeable impression of the casting process from what HGs say is that they hold open castings, recruit from their casting pools, and shuffle some people around (Fessy and Tyler were both clearly already in CBS's reality show pool) and then send them all to a second wave of casting to get their number. So you'll get some "regular people" and "super fans" in the mix and someone like Haleigh isn't guaranteed anything just because she got pulled from whatever Texas A&M casting pool there is, but its not the majority fan thing some fans want.

And honestly, I think recruits have a tendency to do better than super fans. They're not all bogged down with previous information. Super fans tend to get in their heads and overthink poo poo. Scottie, Rockstar, and Haleigh did that a lot this season and its a big part of why FOUTTE were always a mess and Fessy was always "I know nothing, shouldn't it be simpler than that?" L6 probably benefited a lot from being recruits so they were content to let Tyler and JC do their things and just play along without ever getting bogged down with paranoia the way Rachel did that one day.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I know no one is really watching but why is Sam living on the stairs?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've actually been watching the feeds a little bit since last night so I can answer that!

She's weird.

And she's always kind of liked the stairs for whatever reason. She's hid under the them and played on them a bunch. When she gets depressed she tends to find corners to wallow in and I guess the stairs qualify.

She's also really passive aggressive and living on the stairs is REALLY pissing Angela off. Like SERIOUSLY pissing her off and Angela doesn't hide her disdain well at all. So I suspect that's quite a bit of the motivation.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Randomly pissing someone off is a good reason

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I can personally relate to "I've lost all control over this situation and there's nothing I can do to change the actions of these people who have been dicks to me, so I guess I'll just do something innocuous that will annoy the poo poo out of them but they can't really make a thing of it without coming off like giant assholes. That will kill some time."

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Tomorrow night's eviction was taped tonight. Sam was voted out and JC apparently won final 4 HOH. lol Good to see Level 6 scramble at bit finally.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Jesus thats a pretty big spoiler before those episodes aired man. shadow that poo poo.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

This is the spoiler thread... This has always been a place for all BB spoilers... It's right there in the thread title.

Teek fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Sep 19, 2018

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

It's odd watching BB twitter celebrating JC for saving the season endgame when they all wanted him expelled for his creepy stuff a few weeks ago.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, he's a big rear end creep. Of these four, hoping for a Kaycee win this season. Whomever votes here should really get out Tyler if he's on the block. He's the biggest "game" threat left. Angela and JC both have enough hate to override any gameplay or finale speeches, Tyler can appeal to enough jurors that it could be enough to turn the tide.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
JC winning is best case scenario. I have to feel like this is what Tyler wanted because it lets him to cut Kaycee with no blood on his hands and then Tyler wins against either JC or Angela.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tyler probably has to throw POV since that's the really power at F4. If he wins it he has to pick between Kaycee and Angela. He might get away with it since JCs win forces it but it's a F2 betrayal with Kaycee and a showmance betrayal with Angela. And I can't see him taking that kind of risk this late after never being able to gamble all season.

I hate JC but I hate Angela and Tyler too and even Kaycee winning will just register a shrug from me and maybe a smile to whoever loses. Seeing the trio scramble a bit could have maybe been interesting to see for once but of course it happens in the shortened feeds off week.

Ah well. I gave up on BB20 weeks ago so now it's just half paying attention to a bunch of teams in the conference finals you hate just because you feel obligated as a fan to stay engaged to the end and see who wins.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

It's a bit meaningless at this stage, since the veto winner is the thing this week, but JC apparently nominated Tyler and Angela.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

The only person I don't want to see win is Tyler. I don't object to his gameplay at all; I just don't like him. Kaycee would be the nicest winner and JC would just be surreal, but if Angela wins it would make her the best Big Brother player of all time and improve the game for seasons to come. No more reservations in your goodbye messages, you can just go for the throat.

pospysyl fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Sep 19, 2018

• Locked thread