Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i managed to make witcher 2's combat fun by ignoring everything but bombs but in 3 they dont let you make 100 of each kind of bomb so they ruined it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

The potions and oils and stuff always seemed pretty extraneous and only in there to match the flavor of the books. Maybe if I cranked the difficulty they'd be useful but I never found the 5% damage bonus against a narrow enemy type worth going through the crafting system for.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

The only really worthwhile political point I can remember from TPP was the bit about giving everyone nukes that will kill whoever tries to use them. It's a childish evil villain scheme in one sense, but it kind of makes the point that becoming a nuclear power can drastically change the responsibilities of a nation.

The whole language thing isn't really used to any interesting end I can remember.

I guess the super-CIA being behind everything is a point.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Retromancer posted:

The potions and oils and stuff always seemed pretty extraneous and only in there to match the flavor of the books. Maybe if I cranked the difficulty they'd be useful but I never found the 5% damage bonus against a narrow enemy type worth going through the crafting system for.

the potions that take up almost all your toxicity but give you huge bonuses are totally worth it. but i never bothered with oils.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

sleeptalker posted:

The only really worthwhile political point I can remember from TPP was the bit about giving everyone nukes that will kill whoever tries to use them. It's a childish evil villain scheme in one sense, but it kind of makes the point that becoming a nuclear power can drastically change the responsibilities of a nation.

The whole language thing isn't really used to any interesting end I can remember.

I guess the super-CIA being behind everything is a point.

Imposing language on weaker nations as a form of neo-colonialism is something that kinda comes across in Skull Face's backstory and plan. And the stuff with Zero seemed like a plausible look at how an intelligence agency can go totally off the rails from its original remit. All the stuff with Venom Snake and how players react to the twist is kind of a clever commentary on cults of personality imo, whether it was intentional or not.

MeatwadIsGod has issued a correction as of 20:56 on Sep 26, 2018

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
oils are mostly high-difficulty level busywork imo, but the top tier crafting level potions are good as gently caress. having basically infinite stamina at night on a sign build gets real silly, making vampires bleed to death just by standing next to them, etc etc.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
i am a massive MG dweebus but i never finished mgsv because its so blatantly about playing missions again and again and again and again and again to do hidden objectives or get S ranks or whatever, and instead of making me want to do that, it makes me want to uninstall the game whilst crying that the game never got its third chapter which sounded massively ownage in the conceptual phase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B4JIHh5Jqk

hey it turns out there was originally going to be a use for all those vehicles and such you were fultoning out of places beyond Free Money. gently caress!

Larry Parrish posted:

I like Quiet the best of the companion options but yeah you think a character who only hums and clicks her radio could have gotten more than 10 seconds of voice acting. Then again the same goes for Venom. The game is just unfinished, and feels very much like Kojima wasn't even finished writing the thing. My theory is well before Konami said 'gently caress you, wrap it up' they were strangling the projects resources so lots of poo poo never even got planned.

how aware are you of the game's development cycle? because its the biggest clusterfuck of a videogame dev project i've heard in my life and that is NOT goonish hyperbole. programmers on mgsv were literally reassigned to overnight janatorial duty.

konami got fuuuuucckkkkkkked up when it got sold to the Pachinko Barons.

Willie Tomg has issued a correction as of 21:08 on Sep 26, 2018

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Willie Tomg posted:

how aware are you of the game's development cycle? because its the biggest clusterfuck of a videogame dev project i've heard in my life and that is NOT goonish hyperbole.

Star Citizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
cons nerds out of money, working as intended, won't fix

• Locked thread