Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

WampaLord posted:

Why can he run on the water

It's magic.

The MGS4 non-magic explanations for everything are part of its theme of the "magic" being sucked out of everything by the soulless machines running the world.

Not that MGS4 isn't bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

This is actually a really good one:

https://twitter.com/Boringstein/status/1014466661095825408

The first two establish the universe, the next few explore the world-shaping figure of Big Boss, then the MSX games reestablish Solid Snake for the grand finale of 4. Ghost Babel doesn't really fit anywhere though, even if it's technically canon.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

More like reVolcel Ocelot

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

The only really worthwhile political point I can remember from TPP was the bit about giving everyone nukes that will kill whoever tries to use them. It's a childish evil villain scheme in one sense, but it kind of makes the point that becoming a nuclear power can drastically change the responsibilities of a nation.

The whole language thing isn't really used to any interesting end I can remember.

I guess the super-CIA being behind everything is a point.

• Locked thread