Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Yeah that sounds about right. Can't have even a single day without an event of some kind on.

Won't someone think of the login metrics!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Tigey posted:

Yeah that sounds about right. Can't have even a single day without an event of some kind on.

Won't someone think of the login metrics!

I have no problem with this.

The poo poo the events give out is useful, especially for new players. New players in particular really get helped to ramp up, way more than me tossing another token in my vault does.

The time requirements for doing it are minimal.

If you're a jaded burn out of a player the rewards aren't so crazy that you can't just skip a red alert and take a break.

And yeah, if it helps their daily log in metrics and helps them convince some suit to keep the game going for another year? loving A, go for it, win win in my book.

I've played my fair share of dumb F2P games and believe me, you don't want the alternative where they're so miserly with freebees that paying is basically required.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah, nobody has any reason to complain about a Red Alert. Non-critical event you can easily miss but takes a few moments over five days and gives you an ult upgrade and a few extra dil for any extra days.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I've skipped almost all of the Red Alerts in the last year and feel like I've missed nothing

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

First Contact Day is the same as always, and rewards a Big Gun.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The species insignia commbadges are nice, even if they are a bit big.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
That's two of the nine weapons from the original Elite Force in the game now. Who would have thought Star Trek of all franchises would randomly produce a really solid Quake clone?

And I like the red alerts. I always have an alt that could use another ult tech upgrade for fifteen minutes of shooting borg over the course of a week.

Edit: The Universe class looks good in the Lukari set.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 5, 2024

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Cythereal posted:

That's two of the nine weapons from the original Elite Force in the game now. Who would have thought Star Trek of all franchises would randomly produce a really solid Quake clone?

And I like the red alerts. I always have an alt that could use another ult tech upgrade for fifteen minutes of shooting borg over the course of a week.

FYI Elite Force is on GOG and periodically goes on pretty decent sale. I want to say the regular price of EF1 and EF2 is like :10bux: each, periodically down to $5 or so.

They'll run on a potato these days, well worth a pick up if you want to have a few beers and wallow in trek nostalgia.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Cyrano4747 posted:

FYI Elite Force is on GOG and periodically goes on pretty decent sale. I want to say the regular price of EF1 and EF2 is like :10bux: each, periodically down to $5 or so.

They'll run on a potato these days, well worth a pick up if you want to have a few beers and wallow in trek nostalgia.

Yeah, but shooters aren't really my thing anymore.

Alas, I'm afraid I can't recommend flying the Valkis. Both the Valkis and the Universe handle like drunken cows wearing roller skates. One of the best looking ships in the game, in my opinion, but no-go to actually fly. Fortunately the Atlas is perfect for my desire for a proper TOS looking ship I was planning to fill with the Connie, so I'd say this worked out pretty well. I'll keep grinding dilzen, and the 10th will remain my vague distant goal. There's only a couple other premium ships I'd even want account-wide anyway, and one came out last year.

I've also made a discovery when loving around with a new alt: you can get ships out of the z-store in the STD and TOS Fed starts at the moment. I'm having some fun this afternoon zipping around the 23rd century in a Deimos with the immolating phaser lance to one-shot pretty much anything at this point.

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
The best thing about elite force is shooting neelix

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Cythereal posted:

Yeah, but shooters aren't really my thing anymore.

Alas, I'm afraid I can't recommend flying the Valkis. Both the Valkis and the Universe handle like drunken cows wearing roller skates. One of the best looking ships in the game, in my opinion, but no-go to actually fly. Fortunately the Atlas is perfect for my desire for a proper TOS looking ship I was planning to fill with the Connie, so I'd say this worked out pretty well. I'll keep grinding dilzen, and the 10th will remain my vague distant goal. There's only a couple other premium ships I'd even want account-wide anyway, and one came out last year.

I've also made a discovery when loving around with a new alt: you can get ships out of the z-store in the STD and TOS Fed starts at the moment. I'm having some fun this afternoon zipping around the 23rd century in a Deimos with the immolating phaser lance to one-shot pretty much anything at this point.

The Valkis doesn’t have to turn, all you have to do is get it within 20km of the enemy and the drones do the rest. If you actually do want to turn, you cloak and use evasive maneuvers; there’s also a ship trait that gives you an absurd amount of turn when you cloak. If you don’t want to power slide out of full impulse, cut throttle to zero while still in full impulse and you’ll stop on a dime. I’ll try and post my Valkis build later for reference.

E:
Most of this poo poo is really expensive and also unnecessary, except the hangar consoles. Swarmer Matrix and HYDRA console highly recommended but not required. Traits are Strike Group Command Authority (if you have the HYDRA console you should have this), Relaunch and Repair (not really needed but if you're leaning into the bit go for it), Scramble Fighters (strongly recommended), Emergency Weapon Cycle (strongly recommended), She's a Predator (only if you already have the lego scimitar, please don't spend $gently caress just for this trait), and then the last two are whatever you have that looks fun (fiery entrance, weaponized time crystals, best hope of the empire, just find something that you find enjoyable - the trait that makes you turn really fast while cloaked is Enhanced Cloaking Integration btw). Do NOT take Superior Area Denial.
With this setup, drones at max rank will slap out 250k damage (more if Independent Wingmate) Beam Overload hits when the buffs align; thanks to SM/HYDRA they also turn on a dime and lunge into combat basically immediately. Get three hangar doffs, the Wing Commander personal space trait, set your hangars to auto launch, and enjoy; they'll basically live forever thanks to Scramble Fighters. Thanks to the drones changing their weapon damage based on enemy type, it's also an extremely lazy way to meet "Deal 500k <x> damage in space" endeavors. Fun fact: If your hangars are auto-launching and you hit Fire at Will, it places you In Combat, meaning your hangar pets start gaining XP and ranking up. The same also applies to the Fleet Power Network Array. You can usually get your hangar pets to rank 3-ish during the briefing period before a TFO starts with the console.

Preechr fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 6, 2024

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Delta Recruitment coming back again this thursday if you don't already have one.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Well it turns out they could get the -A. They then immediately waste this opportunity by making it a loving intel ship.

It looks worse than the already existing Intel Konnie. No idea why they used the same spec with nothing to sell this beyond the skin. If they made it Miracle Worker it wouldn't be directly compared to the other Konnies, and I especially don't know why you'd make it so this one just loses against the existing ones.

New Console "Universal Proximity based anti-opposition emitter" +X% phaser damage, +X% flight speed and turn rate. AOE phaser damage based on speed. For 20 sec centered on self foes within 1km take X phaser damage X4 per sec. Small enemy targets are vaporized on contact(mines, torps, fighters, etc)

New trait "gravitational nexus" Maneuverability, exotic, and projectile buffs in area near anomalies. Creates a artificial gravitational nexus for 3 0sec, one per 45 sec max. Allies within 5km of the nexus gain +20% flight speed + turn rate, +20% bonus all damage with exotic damage abilities, +20% bonus all damage with projectile weaponry

They also showed off some Klingon and Romulan dyson ships.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

How is the trait creating an anomaly, did they explain?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

How is the trait creating an anomaly, did they explain?

Just looked up the summary because someone told me the Konnie-A was coming. So no idea because I didn't watch the stream.

Logic Probed
Feb 26, 2011

Having a normal one since 2016

I was wondering if they were going to keep with the white and purple aesthetics of the t% Dyson ships. These look neat! Hopefully the Fed ship is just as good.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Logic Probed posted:

I was wondering if they were going to keep with the white and purple aesthetics of the t% Dyson ships. These look neat! Hopefully the Fed ship is just as good.

It looks like those will be backwards compatible too, but they likely won't come with the old skins, except maybe as a bonus for buying whatever bundle they come in.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Details on the Konnie II.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

It really is just worse than the legendary Konnie in almost every single way. It's only positives are .5 more turn rate, 5 more inertia, at the cost of 10 weapons power, an engineering console, sci ensign and the cruiser mastery package instead of the battlecruiser one. I love the Konnie and they did basically everything to ensure this poo poo won't sell. If you love the Konnie you already got the 10th bundle, and I hope no one is insane enough to buy a 170$ skin instead of waiting for next year when you can get this for free.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Eimi posted:

It really is just worse than the legendary Konnie in almost every single way. It's only positives are .5 more turn rate, 5 more inertia, at the cost of 10 weapons power, an engineering console, sci ensign and the cruiser mastery package instead of the battlecruiser one. I love the Konnie and they did basically everything to ensure this poo poo won't sell. If you love the Konnie you already got the 10th bundle, and I hope no one is insane enough to buy a 170$ skin instead of waiting for next year when you can get this for free.

Yeah it's pretty disappointing from a neutral view, I can't imagine how bad it feels if you were really eager for this skin for some reason.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Hunter Noventa posted:

Yeah it's pretty disappointing from a neutral view, I can't imagine how bad it feels if you were really eager for this skin for some reason.

I thought they'd just make it miracle worker to ensure it actually loving sold at the least. Really impressive to make a promo ship this meh. Disappointment is the neutral state I have towards STO but they delivered way more disappointment then I was expecting.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

So hey, speaking of the Konnie I decided to finally pick up those isomag consoles now that they are a bit cheaper and move over to the new meta on mine. I'm wondering how do I set things up. I previously dumped a lot of universal consoles in the engi slot. Would I just move those to the tac slots? Ditch them for the bellum consoles? Just wondering how I should lay things out. For universal consoles I've got Bioneural Infusion Circuits, good ol Tachy, the assimilated console, DPRM, Immolating phaser, point defense bombardment warhead, and weaponized helical torsion. My universal slots have Lorca's which I'm sure is being left in no matter what, and the flagship computer since any ship can use it, but I'm sure it can be ditched.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Eimi posted:

So hey, speaking of the Konnie I decided to finally pick up those isomag consoles now that they are a bit cheaper and move over to the new meta on mine. I'm wondering how do I set things up. I previously dumped a lot of universal consoles in the engi slot. Would I just move those to the tac slots? Ditch them for the bellum consoles? Just wondering how I should lay things out. For universal consoles I've got Bioneural Infusion Circuits, good ol Tachy, the assimilated console, DPRM, Immolating phaser, point defense bombardment warhead, and weaponized helical torsion. My universal slots have Lorca's which I'm sure is being left in no matter what, and the flagship computer since any ship can use it, but I'm sure it can be ditched.
Default is isomags in eng/universal, lorca in one tac slot, and the rest filled with your universals. There might be times that a bellum tac console will be better than a universal, but that's too build-dependent for there to be any hard and fast rules.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hunter Noventa posted:

I want the straight nacelle pylons and less secondary hull underbite. :(

Oh well I don't really care much.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

g0del posted:

Default is isomags in eng/universal, lorca in one tac slot, and the rest filled with your universals. There might be times that a bellum tac console will be better than a universal, but that's too build-dependent for there to be any hard and fast rules.

Yeah basically this. The damage boost from type-matching Isomags is insane.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

This is probably fine. Might need a touch more CritD.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

g0del posted:

Ah, so that leaves me with 4 open console slots, considering Lorca's takes one of them by default and Immolating Phaser lance is needed for Universal Designs. Of the remaining consoles I listed, Tachy, Bioneural, and DPRM feel like shoe ins. That leaves Assimilated Module, Point Defense Bombardment Warhead, and Weaponized Helical Torsion for the last slot. By removing all my locators would that make Assimilated Module the best option just because of it's crit?

e: I see they removed the special viewscreen you'd get from the Konnie's bridge, that's lame as hell. At least it still has it's special warp out.
vs

Eimi fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 12, 2024

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Eimi posted:

e: I see they removed the special viewscreen you'd get from the Konnie's bridge, that's lame as hell. At least it still has it's special warp out.
vs

Go to the ship tailor and make sure your bridge is still set as the JJTrek bridge; when they unlocked All The Bridges a few months back it reverted a lot of ships with unique bridges to Starship by default.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Preechr posted:

Go to the ship tailor and make sure your bridge is still set as the JJTrek bridge; when they unlocked All The Bridges a few months back it reverted a lot of ships with unique bridges to Starship by default.

I confirmed I still had it, including visiting my bridge again. Should I try and set it to something else, then go back and change it just to ensure it worked?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I expect you're meant to have the special viewscreen but the dialog box bridge viewscreens are one of the things that breaks the most easily in this game.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Eimi posted:

I confirmed I still had it, including visiting my bridge again. Should I try and set it to something else, then go back and change it just to ensure it worked?
Probably a good idea really.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Eimi posted:

Ah, so that leaves me with 4 open console slots, considering Lorca's takes one of them by default and Immolating Phaser lance is needed for Universal Designs. Of the remaining consoles I listed, Tachy, Bioneural, and DPRM feel like shoe ins. That leaves Assimilated Module, Point Defense Bombardment Warhead, and Weaponized Helical Torsion for the last slot. By removing all my locators would that make Assimilated Module the best option just because of it's crit?
I guess? Assuming you're running a SS phaser build, DPRM, Agony Redistributor, Flagship tactical computer, and DOMINO would be the meta choices if price is no object (along with immolating phaser lance and lorca's). If you're missing any of those, try the Experimental Power Redirection (Excelsior II), Altamid Modified Swarm Processor (lobi), Tachyon Net Drones (z-store bozeman), Bioneural, or Counter-Command (undine rep).

Or you could try the ALICIA tool and fill out which consoles you own yourself to get recommendations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

g0del posted:

I guess? Assuming you're running a SS phaser build, DPRM, Agony Redistributor, Flagship tactical computer, and DOMINO would be the meta choices if price is no object (along with immolating phaser lance and lorca's). If you're missing any of those, try the Experimental Power Redirection (Excelsior II), Altamid Modified Swarm Processor (lobi), Tachyon Net Drones (z-store bozeman), Bioneural, or Counter-Command (undine rep).

Or you could try the ALICIA tool and fill out which consoles you own yourself to get recommendations.

Well I can do all of those but DOMINO. I've yet to get lucky on phoenix bosses. Thanks for the tool as well.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Also trying out all the special bridges on my other ships that should've had them before the patch, they all seem to be bricked. I don't know if this is a Rom issue or just viewscreens in general but genuinely, rip that feature it was a great add on for certain bridges (and all bridges should've had a special viewscreen)

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

if anyone wants to sleepwalk through the current FC event you can do the rocket launch queue by just picking up one piece then afk the rest

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Okay, seriously, what is it with people joining the queue for the rocket TFO and going AFK? I've gotten more queue timeouts due to people not accepting invites over the last few days than I think I've gotten in years of this game put together.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Cythereal posted:

Okay, seriously, what is it with people joining the queue for the rocket TFO and going AFK? I've gotten more queue timeouts due to people not accepting invites over the last few days than I think I've gotten in years of this game put together.

It has to be a bug. I just got something like 10x in a row before I got into one, and they were all failed with like 40-50 seconds on the timer.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
The whole experience has been more buggy than usual. I've had a couple of time where it told me I got a part, but then it never actually flipped to "having" a part with the <!> over my head, and then taking another 5-10 tries to actually get a part.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Embracer is fragmenting itself and Cryptic is now a subsidiary of 'Coffee Stain & Friends'. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Embracer is fragmenting itself and Cryptic is now a subsidiary of 'Coffee Stain & Friends'. :psyduck:

That's the B5 MMO.