Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Captain, sensors are showing that she has a lot of junk in her trunk. Recommend we steer clear of that rear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

huh is that ship supposed to be the answer to the hurq swarmers with 5 aft weapons and that mastery?

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Coq au Nandos posted:

E: Nevermind. Per Borticus, it means disco balls will de spawn if spawned within 15 metres of another one. No more stacking.
The patch did nothing of the sort.
The Disco Nova is still a thing.

I don't know if this means they patched some other disco ball "exploit", or if they just hosed it up.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
New mission isn't bad as long as you don't mind 99% of it being HOLY poo poo THAT'S A LOT OF HURQ. Wraps up the launch plot of ViL and sets others into motion. And a lot of Klingon stuff that won't make sense unless you watched Discovery which the game is now acknowledging was a thing.

Playing as a Romulan main has felt weird throughout ViL so far, they're the only galactic power that's been almost completely absent from the story (because they were almost completely absent from DS9). D'Tan shows up once or twice when all the leaders do and that's it. Even the Cardassians and Ferengi have had a bigger story presence than the third playable faction.

Logic Probed
Feb 26, 2011

Having a normal one since 2016

What are the rewards like? Generic polaron weapons and a single unique item?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Logic Probed posted:

A torpedo launcher that deals polaron damage next week, week after is a +polaron console that reduces power costs of energy weapons and makes you deal extra damage to foes in your rear arc (hint: upcoming event ship with 5 rear guns), week after that is another summon reinforcements in space item like the pirate beacon.

Also, they seem to have finally fixed Romulan leveling.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Logic Probed posted:

the polaron weapon you can get this week is unique in that it works with both beam and cannon skills, the 2 and 3 piece set bonus is really nice as well

Teron D Amun fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 28, 2018

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Teron D Amun posted:

the polaron weapon you can get this week is unique in that it works with both beam and cannon skills, the 2 and 3 piece set bonus is really nice as well

not my pic

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Teron D Amun posted:

It can also be slotted with other 360 Beam banks without counting against that stupid arbitrary limit on Beam omnis. Polaron's about to see a lot more use I think.

E: Wait, never mind, Cryptic confirmed it's a bug. So DBB users still get hosed, but just drop it into a cannon build and you'll be fine.

Coq au Nandos fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 28, 2018

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

DryGoods posted:

not my pic

$30 ZStore T6 ship ? check :homebrew:
green mk 12 weapon ? check
most everything Mk 12/purple ? check
Generic +Dmg type tac consoles + generic +wep power console ? check (at least the energy type matches)
Non-generic 3 pc wepon/console set with bonuses that are mostly Sci oriented on a ship with Lt Sci max ? check
Crapton of Universal consoles that I can't identify
damaged condition ? check

Is there a Pubbie Ship BINGO card out there anywhere ? We should make one if there is not one.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

MREBoy posted:

$30 ZStore T6 ship ? check :homebrew:
green mk 12 weapon ? check
Generic +Dmg type tac consoles + generic +wep power console ? check (at least the energy type matches)
Non-generic 3 pc wepon/console set with bonuses that are mostly Sci oriented on a ship with Lt Sci max ? check
Crapton of Universal consoles that I can't identify
damaged condition ? check

Is there a Pubbie Ship BINGO card out there anywhere ? We should make one if there is not one.

Minus the damaged condition that's Admiralty Alt bingo for me. :v:

Never spent a cent on ships, though. Dilzen is a thing.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I just claimed the results on a single Admiralty mission and went from 53 to 58 :stare: This poo poo's powerful

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

looks like they finally got around to evicting my dil alts from old DS9.

Also each one of htem crashes the game to desktop when I try to log in. It tries to auto-beam them to space then hard crashes. Lol cryptic.

(also I had no idea this thread was re-launched - that explains why you were all so quiet).

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.
The summer boat is reasonably powerful, looks okay, its gimmick seat is the gimmick I like, and shoots laserbeams out of its rear end. I want.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Cyrano4747 posted:

looks like they finally got around to evicting my dil alts from old DS9.

Also each one of htem crashes the game to desktop when I try to log in. It tries to auto-beam them to space then hard crashes. Lol cryptic.

(also I had no idea this thread was re-launched - that explains why you were all so quiet).

Every now and then the thread goes on a magical mystery tour of FYAD.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

You say these as though they are the sign of a Bad Player. What then, should a Good Player have in those slots? You use the console of your energy type. That's the Rule. The primary, golden loving rule that you never ever break, at least as I was taught here. And now that's the sign of a BAD PLAYER. I am clearly missing something.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Bloodly posted:

You say these as though they are the sign of a Bad Player. What then, should a Good Player have in those slots? You use the console of your energy type. That's the Rule. The primary, golden loving rule that you never ever break, at least as I was taught here. And now that's the sign of a BAD PLAYER. I am clearly missing something.
Ideally you'd want the spire consoles instead of the generics, but why spend that much on an alt? Honestly, it looks a lot like my main 'hadar that I'm slowly unlocking all the recruit stuff with. No point in going all out upgrading a bunch of stuff to mk xv epic when you can do all the story content and red alerts with mk xii stuff.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Yeah but why would you use and admiralty alts to rush the new mission and post a screenshot of the gear? That's probably a main. Nevermind I'm retarded, it's probably just the dude's Jimmie.

Lagomorphic fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jun 29, 2018

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Given what the expansion reveals about the Founders' habit of finding random species and engineering them into usefulness, I think it's safe to say that our Jemmies have all been rustled.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
So whens the summer event in which that freebie ship is available? Couldnt find any dates on that german page.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah but why would you use and admiralty alts to rush the new mission and post a screenshot of the gear? That's probably a main. Nevermind I'm retarded, it's probably just the dude's Jimmie.

theres a good reason why JH alts are finishing that new mission - they get freed from the White addiction and dont need to hobble around in ESD/DS9 any longer

Ineptitude posted:

So whens the summer event in which that freebie ship is available? Couldnt find any dates on that german page.

next week

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Also, they seem to have finally fixed Romulan leveling.
They also fixed klankroms not being able to get klingon fleet ships. I guess Cryptic bothered to fix it because they weren't actually klingons.

Also hey a new thread.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Teron D Amun posted:

theres a good reason why JH alts are finishing that new mission - they get freed from the White addiction and dont need to hobble around in ESD/DS9 any longer keep loving stacks of only 20 of the stuff

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Teron D Amun posted:

theres a good reason why JH alts are finishing that new mission - they get freed from the White addiction and dont need to hobble around in ESD/DS9 any longer

Oh gently caress that, being strung out was the best part of this expansion.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

They gave the runabout model a revamp, wonder why.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It's the DS9 expansion?

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Last mission wasn't *hard*, just loving tedious. I feel it was wrapped up a bit too nicely though - I wonder what convoluted bullshit is coming next. It's not STO without some convoluted bullshit!

Also Bashir is married to Ezri and has kids with her? Bullshit! :( Maybe that means we'll actually get to see her eventually though. No Dax was a big missing part of this whole thing. Not sure why I spoiled that but why not.

Overall it was an enjoyable expansion, having (almost) all the old cast back was a great nostalgia trip. Solid B+ for me.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Completing the new featured episode is part of the gamma recruit rewards. You may recall there were only 39 tasks visible but shown as being out of 40... mystery solved.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah it's really obvious the mission was supposed to be in at the launch of the expansion but it wasn't finished on time.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I am sad that home didn't end with the entire great link rising up into a mile high fist and splatting everyone.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

MikeJF posted:

I am sad that home didn't end with the entire great link rising up into a mile high fist and splatting everyone.

I was totally expecting Odo to form Voltron or something because that's what this game would do. Glad to see I'm not the only one!

Logic Probed
Feb 26, 2011

Having a normal one since 2016

As hostilities between the Alliance and the H'urq draw to a close, a lone Terran ship pops out from the Mirror Universe towards New Khitomer, desperate to talk with the Temporal Defense Initiative. It seems Admiral Leeta's attempt on the Emperor has failed, and is now attempting to rewrite the Universe's own timeline using a suspicious fungal matter and the power of a captured and tortured Q from their universe. You aid the Terran captain in securing his timeline's own events, from Smiles O'Brien to Emperor Spock and Philippa, all the way back to the founding of the Terran Empire on Earth in the 20th century. Leeta is killed, but the tortured and maddened Q, now calling itself "Nega-Q" escapes to wreck havoc on the Prime Universe, forcing the Prime's Q Continuum to act, aiding the Alliance.

(Submitted because of a small joke in TNG chat)

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

You failed to mention the Tardigrades :colbert:

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The Gamma Recruit Admiralty card is pretty bleh.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Asimo posted:

Yeah it's really obvious the mission was supposed to be in at the launch of the expansion but it wasn't finished on time.

I think they just held it back so they could run it as a featured episode to fill four weeks on the schedule.

Potential BFF posted:

The Gamma Recruit Admiralty card is pretty bleh.

It's not terribly exciting but honestly an account wide +70 sci ship is still real good as far as numbers go.

Lagomorphic fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jun 30, 2018

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The great thing about the new mission is that if you didn't have the Hur'q ground kill accolade before then you'll probably have it by the time you finish.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

the "great" thing

It was a pretty OK wrap up for the story but yeesh I just sat there and surfed the internet on my phone while periodically tabbing to give my auto-firing dude a new target.

It was especially glaring given the high quality of the previous missions. The ferengi mission was genuinely great and fun and the hurq planet mission was pretty cool tool

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
The great thing about this mission is it'd make a decent ground STF. I don't want fancy poo poo to click, I don't want the mission to have dumb time gates like waiting for an explosive to go off, I want an STF like this. Shoot mans on way to final show down with many mans. And with all these bugs, bonus points if you use Virtual Audio cable to play the Starship Troopers theme on repeat for any poor lucky pubbie who hasn't turned off voice chat.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

For real though that last ten minutes is basically Klendathu.

It's also very obvious that STO's ground combat was not meant to handle so many NPCs at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Can I get cleared for the TheNextGooneration? My Jem is Ixarata'torax@Ren_Droid