Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Danaru posted:

I was hoping they added being able to set doff missions from the gateway like the neverwinter mmo, then I found out they killed the gateway like a year ago :frog:

Cryptoc, more specifically Borts, actively seek out elements of the game that can be considered a benefit to players so that they can either be nerfed into the ground or removed completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Peachfart posted:

I'd have preferred more DS9 stuff than the boring and bad STD.

Expect as many STD episodes as Delta Grinding had, each on the same level of immersion as Coliseum.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....
Not gonna lie, I'm very excited about this, I've been waiting for this ship to be released for a long time.

Lafayette Class Recon Destroyer

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

DancingShade posted:

It's cool they named this ship after that fry cook in True Blood.

Hit me right in the feels.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....
We have a wiki?

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Moon Slayer posted:

I can't loving believe I'm reinstalling this but I need to see how bad the DS9 stuff is, and how "I just want a paycheck" the cast sound.

It's not. The cast that was present did a great job, especially Andrew Robinson. The only thing bad about this expansion is how infuriatingly short it is.

*It would have been nice if they had brought in Marc Alaimo to Make Bajor Great Again.

faxmachine fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Sep 5, 2018

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Cythereal posted:

Interesting, the STD starter pack coming to the c-store includes a scaling starship. Cryptic is giving the idea a test run, the pack comes with a special Walker class that can be used immediately by any Fed character and will scale with your level up to being a tier 4 ship, gaining stats and boff slots as it hits new tiers.

This is such a good idea that I am saddened that this wasn't implemented at launch.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Cyrano4747 posted:

Oh yeah, I played ViL. Loved it, it was easily the best content this game has gotten in an expansion. Maybe the best content period.

The saved the best for last!

Seriously, Age of Discovery probably killed this game.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....
I don't know what cannibalistic human underground dwellers have to do with behind-the-scenes drama in movies and television but that particular channel has been pretty spot on about a lot of the things they've discussed in regards to Star Trek.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....
Reminder to anyone who may need to get a drink or make a sandwich during the Life Day Celebration to put your privacy setting on "Anonymous".

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

greasythepirate posted:

Yeah, so about the spock party. I'd love to troll, but not get banned. What behavior is most likely to enrage without breaking any rules? A zombie spock?

If you're planning on trolling the Life Day gathering, please leave. We have no need of people like you drawing attention away from our celebration of such a wonderful man as Captain Nemo.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....
Jam Hards are the only real choice these days. I'm considering replacing my mules with them because of the extra asscards. If I'm wrong, I expect a 20 page essay explaining why.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....
We're finally getting a Tommy Gun, after all this time! I bet the stats suck.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Cyrano4747 posted:

Ugh. I would give my left nut for a modernized, updated Bridge Commander.

edit: the monkey paw curls and development work begins on Bridge Commander: Discovery.

Thanks rear end in a top hat, this is definitely going to happen now.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

timjin posted:

Holy poo poo is there a video of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRhEzt2CRc8

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Bootcha posted:

So hey, we're doing a Riposte run for MoonSlayer's LP of STO at 8pm CST tonight, and due to some drop-outs, we need some Disco ships.

We're got a Crossfield, Walker, and Europoop/Nimitz, and would need two more uniques if possible.

If not tonight, the backup plan is 3pm CST tomorrow/Sunday.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, I just got my Discoprise set up.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

timjin posted:

I miss the cover shield trolling on Risa. Anyone find anything fun to do so far?

The Triolic Pattern Enhancer can still be used on Risa, as long as you get the timing just right. They have a random chance of summoning an NPC that will murder people. It's a painful process, but the rewards are well worth it.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....
Still no Wolf 359 ship pack. gently caress.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....
Here's some free poo poo.
https://games.steelseries.com/ucf/show/14016/boards/promotions/Giveaway/star-trek-online-awakening-bridge-officer-and-ship-pack

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

MikeJF posted:

Hell yeah.

Oh poo poo I just saw that the hanger ships are 'lost souls of gre'thor'. It launches space ghosts!

Coast to coast?

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....
I threw some goodies in the Dental bank, Merry Christmas.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Just came here to post this. DC Fontana early last week, then Robert Walker Jr, and now Rene Auberjonois.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

It's me. I'm also selling my Lobi generating tribble.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....
Going to purge the Dental roster of members who haven't logged in since January 2019, not that it matters much these days.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Lagomorphic posted:

So like 99% of fleet then? Seems drastic.

Drastic times, my friend.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

IPCRESS posted:

Hmmm. How long would I have to do star jumps in ESD before I get invited to $randomfleet?

Also, what does this mean for items in cold storage?
Not long.

And yes, Cold Storage is locked down tight. All of the greens are safe.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Rx King posted:

Hmmm, sure you're a veteran. Wouldn't even answer questions instead he blocks me lol. I love when people pull the "I'm a veteran" card and can't back their poo poo up.

That reminds me of the guy we trolled in Drozana. Claimed to be a Marine in Iraq, said he couldn't tell us his MOS and said he went to basic at Camp Lejeune. Had a good time sharing the Orange Juche with him.

faxmachine fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jan 20, 2020

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Dick Trauma posted:

I have trouble sleeping so I started a Discovery engineer last night. As soon as I earned a few upgrades I made some ship adjustments, but when I went into combat my phaser beams weren't firing. I realized that I had accidentally put two photo torpedoes fore, and a phaser bank aft... and deleted my old phaser bank!

I was relieved to find that I could move weapons during battle and eventually I finished the overall mission and got sent back to Earth where I hope I can buy some cheapo phaser bank for my aft slot to get that broadside action going.

During one of my other character missions on a grubby desert planet I noticed a nice touch. I saw a couple of Klingons menacing a cowering civilian and when I approached and clicked on one of them he said "WE'LL BE BACK WHEN YOUR FRIEND ISN'T HERE TO PROTECT YOU!" and they both beamed out!

I can put gear in the fleet bank, what's your level?

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Teron D Amun posted:

that price tag on the 10th anniversary bundle: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11355993-10th-anniversary-legendary-starship-bundles

standard bundle:

Cost: 30000 Zen
Opening Sale Price: 19500 Zen
20+ Ship Costumes, Including One New, Exclusive Costume for Each Ship
All of the Ships' Consoles and Traits
10 Ship Slots (Once Per Account)

premium bundle:

Cost: 45000 Zen
Opening Sale Price: 29300 Zen
20+ Ship Costumes, Including One New, Exclusive Costume for Each Ship
All of the Ships' Consoles and Traits
10 Ship Slots (Once Per Account)
10 Master Keys (Once Per Account)
10 Infinity Research and Development Packs (Once Per Account)
10 Enhanced Universal Tech Upgrades (Once Per Account)
10 Phoenix Prize Packs (Once Per Account)
100 Lobi (Once Per Account)
1 Epic Phoenix Prize Pack Token (Once Per Account)
10,000 Dilithium Ore (Once Per Account)
Exclusive Title: Legend of the Quadrants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JocgerVkCg

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Dick Trauma posted:

Have some of you been there since launch? :corsair:

Since Beta. Took a long break after two months and decided I needed to punish myself more.

faxmachine fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jan 30, 2020

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Dick Trauma posted:

I didn't realize you could walk around your ship! I wandered into my ready room, and while I was using the terminal at the desk found that there are way more duty officer missions than just Map and Personal. There's scads of them attached to each department head. Even the bartender seems to have missions.

EDIT: My KDF character has run so many execution missions that I'm all out of colonists. :smith:

EDIT EDIT: VVVV Thank you!

Someone invite this guy onto a Cell ship.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Longbaugh01 posted:

Apparently you don't get how smilies here work either. :regd09:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6V7fUDynG4

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....
I don't know about you guys but I can't loving wait to see the USS CopyPaste in the next promobox.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....
22.1% but they'll nerf something else as well.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....
It's hot because you're standing on a Space Stove.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Kinda reminds me of the Excelsior refit from the Kobayahi Maru mod for Bridge Commander. Man I miss that mod.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....
The pit bulls would be great if they randomly attacked other players and pets. I like the new outfit though.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....
So how about that dil market, kinda funny right?

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

galenanorth posted:

I tried out Molor's Flaming Sword for the first time since getting it, during "Mine Enemy". My player character's AI feels a little better, because now she's automatically running toward targets while slashing some of the time instead of only slashing or punching at air all the time, but maybe I hadn't noticed that before and it's a coincidence. The chain-pull attack takes care of one of melee's drawbacks, namely how some ranged enemies are smart enough to continually back away from you. A Romulan Analyst asked "Where's your clearance?" while I was going around looking at consoles, two swings of the sword, "That's your clearance."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h93pWMD_zk

and the other videos by the same author are good background music. It seems kind of weird that a leveled up Diplomacy is needed to pursue the "talk your way out of it" option for a Starfleet character, some of the time during these early missions. It seemed all right during the Specters time-travel episode because of the mental gymnastics involved, but other times it's really just to have a mini-game leveling mechanic. I like how your bridge office looks at you and shrugs while you're encountering Hakeev, at least for the first time as a non-Romulan, by spying on him and his deputy having an argument.

Those tracks are great for Star Trek: New Horizons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Behotti posted:

I'm a former member looking to get back in. I'm kind of retiring my old Sci main and have rolled a new Tac captain.

I hate to tell you this but Starfleet Dental accomplished its mission almost too well. We'll never see the days of fumigating Drozana or patrolling Risa for safety violations again. All we do these days is play ship dress-up and AFK event missions. I may be speaking for myself though.