Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Should I go Romulan or Federation? I read somewhere Romulans can join the Federation but don't get access to all the ships?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cythereal posted:

As of ViL, the only Federation ships Fedroms can't get are certain faction-specific lockbox ships because the lockbox morphs into a Federation, Klingon, or Romulan ship when opened.

Pure Federation upsides are having the gentlest learning curve in the game, your starting boffs have terrific traits, and you have more freedom than any other faction when it comes to trying different styles of ship while leveling.

Fedrom on the other hand gets you the unique warbird line of ships with access to all the Federation ships if you're willing to pay the dil for them (probably not a good idea, but you do you), access to New Romulus as a hub, and at endgame you have access to both the Romulan and Federation stock in the z-store, both to fly and for admiralty - no small benefit!

Klingons and Klankroms mainly offer the allure of marauding doff missions rather than the Federation's diplomacy. Marauding is very lucrative in terms of ec and indirectly in dil - you get lots of prisoners, and KDF and klankroms can turn in 10 prisoners at a time for 1k dil.

Okay so sounds like alts are a big thing in the game so I'll start off with Federation then do Romulan later