Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Lord help me I told a friend of mine about the two hour brony mission from this game, and now I'm back on my bullshit and reinstalling :cripes: I haven't played since the Romulan faction was a brand new thing so it should be fun to find out what I missed.

Is the game further away from a death knell than it used to be? Last time I played people were expecting the whole thing to come crashing down within months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Cythereal posted:

Game's doing fine, a new expansion came out a few weeks ago that's actually pretty good.

:toot: glad to hear it!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I was hoping they added being able to set doff missions from the gateway like the neverwinter mmo, then I found out they killed the gateway like a year ago :frog:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
These are the voyages of the USS B-B-B-BACK that rear end up, driving in full reverse towards any and all threats

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I just claimed the results on a single Admiralty mission and went from 53 to 58 :stare: This poo poo's powerful

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Is there a beam type that's end-all-be-all better than the rest besides the cardassian piss beams? I have three bio... whatever the Xindi beams are and I'm planning on either grinding Rommie reps to get the disruptors that don't drain power, or saying gently caress numbers, slotting one of each type, and turning my Scimitar into a one ship Gay Wrath Parade

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Early doff stuff is pretty much just throwing whatever at whatever and seeing what sticks, so you're good for that :v: Eventually you'll get to the stage where you spend half an hour trying to get that extra one percent onto the purple bar, then you'll get the full doff experience

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

g0del posted:

At end-game, doffs are more useful for the bonuses they can give when placed on active duty, with some (usually rare or expensive) ones being literally build-defining.

wait what's active duty

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I have been playing this game for seven loving years and never realized this was a thing

oh my god

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
This might be a weird question but is there any way to make ground combat, like, fun

Ship combat rocks rear end but ground combaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Mondian posted:

Nope, the closest thing to that was when you could abuse that one cd power to double cast the redshirt summon but they nerfed that because we can't have anybody skipping their ground penance

Experience Bij :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??