Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
friends have bullied me into trying this after a period of like five years.

MrMaggy on the wiki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
as a new, naive player, nothing in that new market looks particularly worth the price tag

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
if that's true then aren't you paying like 100+ dollars for a ship

is this Star Citizen now

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Rx King posted:

Wow probably one of the best deals they put on the C-Store.

Two of my friends gave me one of these a piece and I have no idea what to use them on. I liked the Shram from that breast cancer donation pack, and I am also currently really digging the Earhart.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
Can I get that wiki access? Username on there is mrmaggy.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
Haven't been able to connect to the server at all today.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
what's a top tier hangar pet? There's like a billion types and the game doesn't tell you poo poo about them

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

I usually get pretty good results from the Aeon Timeships that came with my Paradox Temporal Dreadnought. They've got 2x AP beam arrays, chroniton torp launcher, subatomic disruptor beam, and Torpedo: HY2. They usually do 5-6k DPS by themselves which seems above average in my experience. Plus they look really cool.

sounds dope but I got some saving to do to get that I think

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
trying to help my friends level up their lil fleet, where the hell are you supposed to get civvie doffs from

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

g0del posted:

Do you not run admiralty? All my alts are sitting on dozens and dozens of colonist/trader/prisoner doff boxes from admiralty. The colonists and traders should work, and some of the projects will also take prisoners.

I do but I've got like, 100+ prisoners from admiralty, not so much colonists/traders

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
ah, good, finally, some sort of Eddie Genner

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
I'm a dumb rear end and never asked for a invite to that channel.

Dietrich@indystruck#9405 is the ingame name.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Rx King posted:

Anyone need any weapons from the Infinity Weapon packs?

I have lots and am willing to gear folks up.

I also still have lots of T5 Infinity Ships if anyone needs any.

oh man my rear end definitely could

Dietrich@indystruck#9405 , whatever you can spare i greatly appreciate

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Rx King posted:

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Infinity_Prize_Pack:_Weapon_Pack

Any specific weapon packs you looking for? Or are you asking for the T5 ships?

the Undiscovered Phasers, sorry, forgot infinity stuff is bind until you pick something

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Nipponophile posted:

I haven't run this Risa event before. Is there anything especially worth grinding? Consoles, kits, doffs?

Also is there a good way to grind this

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
nice!

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
I already took some, I don't want to look greedy infront of the goons

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

What are the ship and space traits?

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Infinity_Prize_Pack:_Starship_Trait

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Infinity_Prize_Pack:_Personal_Trait_(Space)

Jxforema posted:

Cleaning out my bank, i have various odds and ends, kit frames, 12 infinity lockbox weapon packs, and some doff packs, let me know if you need anything

I wouldn't mind a couple of Discovery Phaser boxes if you could spare em.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Jxforema posted:

Hit me up with your @handles and I’ll get them over to you, check the list and tell me what traits you want.

Mr. Maggy posted:

I wouldn't mind a couple of Discovery Phaser boxes if you could spare em.

Dietrich@indystruck#9405 is the ingame name.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
what's a rahhmi

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
the server's been down today more than it's been up i think

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Cythereal posted:

TNG wasn't filled with grimdark bullshit about how war crimes are cool and good actually, or how the Federation's ideals don't count for poo poo and only hard men making hard choices keep the Federation alive in a cold and hostile universe.

i'm still trying to get through season 1 of TNG after starting in january

it's real real bad, even if it's not grimdark poo poo

like yar saving her cat from the roving rape gangs, or a very special racist episode, or how one of the first three episodes they did is "hey isn't this kooky, everyone's acting different than they normally would"

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

hakimashou posted:

Doing a contest to give away a free mirror warship to whoever picks the number they switch the 44.6% crtD to gonna post it on :reddit:

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
If your ground gear is good I think you can knock out the patrol quicker than the rocket one. And by "good ground gear" I mean just have the tommy gun or the shotgun.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
time to casually play some STO

i guess maybe not casual enough

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Lorak posted:

Did you make the mistake of having more than one weapon on your ship in an TFO? Was that weapon anything but mines?

it was on advanced herald sphere (queued random tfo) so I dunno what this dude wanted

maybe I should've just gone AFK

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
yeah, to hell with honor isn't 100% finishing for me, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
would be dope if i had the money to spare at the moment, instead i can merely make grabby hands, alas

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Lorak posted:

I like the Angelou-class, simple as it is. Armstrong-type isn't too bad either,

The warship (heavy cruiser) Viridian was kind of neat, and I'd be happy with a improved Grappler console in the form of its mechanical tentacles.

Oh poo poo it's an Andalite Dome Ship

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
yeah it took like 5 seconds of looking at the reddit response to see a deleted post with a reply like "No, it absolutely is NOT the same as rape, what is the matter with you"

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

bij posted:

Swarmer Matrix will make a noticeable difference with your pets.

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Console_-_Universal_-_Swarmer_Matrix

I don't know what mandate fandom put out but every single wiki hosted there looks like garbage now

e: oh it defaults to mobile view now for some reason???

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
I'll never understand how mad people get at the disco ship designs considering how boring every federation ship is

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
2x salvaged technology are basically the same as a T6 ship

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Gnome de plume posted:

Something I like about Mudd's Market is the descriptions are written in character and Mudd respects nonbinary identities

On another matter I wanted to make my Jem look cute and IDK if this is a known issue but the game does don't want them showing off their gams

my klingon didn't have arms unless they were in a cutscene with Tuvok. I'm not sure why that caused the arms to draw.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
grav spike is a life safer here, if one skeleton wanders over into the light between everyone CCing them in place you can just yank them all into it

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
The only one of those I bothered getting was the Into Darkness one, are the others any good?

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Cythereal posted:

The one STD S3 boat I'm actually hoping for is the Angelou (the Andalite dome ship), but that one looks neat enough that I suspect it's going to be a lockbox if not an R&D promo ship.

I also really want the andalite dome ship

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
give me more weird poo poo

this ooooh look it's another pizza cutter with two little leggy bits poo poo has got to go

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1266275/changes-to-tier-5-reputation-dilithium

no more free rides

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
it'd be cooler if the small deattached bits were like the force in R-Type and would rotate around the ship doing things