Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takuan
May 6, 2007

I missed Vader's prime in the US, only seeing a couple matches with the likes of Sting and Mick Foley, which were all good. My main exposure to Vader comes from digging through the New Japan archives, and he was one of the highlights of that whole project. Vader loving ruled.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I got NJPW world this weekend and am gonna scour for Vader poo poo
All of his matches with Tatsumi Fujinami are tremendous, both his matches with Stan Hansen are great, and any match with Bam Bam Bigelow(as a team, or opponents) is a delight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takuan
May 6, 2007

As tribute, here are a selection of gifs I've made of Vader being loving awesome:

Blessed are we who have had the chance to witness his greatness.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

If I remember from Foley's book, 2 Cold Scorpio had complained about the ropes being too lose earlier in the show, causing the ring crew to over-tighten them before the Foley/Vader match.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I'm not sure if it's really dumb or extremely impressive that he thought "Yeah, I'll just do a shooting star press." without practicing it beforehand.

• Locked thread