Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I always thought it was pretty cool that rival game companies Capcom and SNK each had their own Vader pastiche. Capcom's Saturday Night Slam Masters had Alexander the Grater, complete with mastodon helmet entrance, while SNK's Fatal Fury and King of Fighters had Raiden/Big Bear. The same guy only Raiden (with Vader's earlier masked look) was the heel persona while Big Bear (Vader's regular appearance minus mask) was him as a face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Back in the early 90's, Marvel did a WCW comic for twelve issues. The first eleven issues were a big story about Sting having to save WCW from his old trainer, who had sold his soul to the Devil in exchange for ultimate power like some kind of Lucha Underground poo poo. After all that was done, there was one last issue and all it was was Vader showing up to straight-up squash Sting and take his title. The end.

That ruled.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Didn't the devil turn out to be Rick Rude

There was a mysterious masked villain guy named the Ghoul who at first turned out to be Rick Rude (based on that time he was the Halloween Phantom), but then they revealed it was a fakeout and the Ghoul was someone else. At the end of the story, he claimed to be Sting's old trainer who sold his soul to the dark arts to make himself stronger than ever. Sting didn't believe him, tried to unmask him, the lights went out and the Ghoul vanished.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Ditch posted:

The main storyline was convoluted, confusing, and had no real payoff? At least it was consistent with the source material.

:wcw:

I mention it practically every time that comic comes up, but the best screw-up was how the first couple issues were all about heel champ Lex Luger straight-up kicking the poo poo out of the entire locker room and then saying, "I'm leaving this company and I'm not coming back until you have a real challenger!" Only Lex really did end up leaving the company around that time, so they suddenly weren't able to mention him anymore or reference why the title was vacant.

• Locked thread