Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
Nice to see things are still going well for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

The Bold Kobold posted:

Nice to see things are still going well for us.

i'm excited to turn that around come my turns

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

We've got a nice swarm going on.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Turns 43-49
Before even starting my first turn in earnest throngs of dawi are marching upon our undefended northern frontier.

For the first of many times I will lay the blame entirely at the feet of my predecessor. Sadly there's no hope for these fine rat-lads and after autoresolving I'm pleased the dwarves leave the settlement sacked but it was already a shitheap so no big change there.

Queek's fury and retribution are quick and violent, hordes of rats devouring the tresspassing dawi in an instant

Back at Clan Mors HQ the filthy masses are revolting, some of them are even taking up arms against Queek's rightful rule! Seer Phoebos, now demoted to mall cop status for his gross incompetence marches out to meet the traitors in battle. Again, due to gross incompetence, Seer Phoebos has allowed the enemy to force the engagement in disadvantageous terrain.

Battle of Karag Orrug
As you can see in the replay, Seer Phoebos arrays his lean fighting force in a very wide deployment, sending his main infantry force to push a hole through the defensive terrain, while the skirmishers approach along the one flank. The skirmishers are remarkably successful at kiting and shredding apart the rebel rat ogres while the Seer uses his warp lighting and menace below abilities to disable enemy artillery support and trap the rebels within their own defensive chokepoint.

Pictures

Obviously Seer Phoebos had somehow falsified initial reports of the enemy army's size to make his inevitable victory look 'impressive' by comparison. Don't think for one second I'm not onto you Seer.

Back to the North the campaign for Karak 8 Peaks continues on. The Savage Orc gits that infest the hold are patrolling around their mountain range and Morlocke assures Queek that an ambush is the way to pick the Greenskins apart before our final push to victory, and so he lies in wait, Queek marching to catch up after his detour clearing out the dwarfs.

Sadly, Morlocke is also grossly inept and falls to catch the passing greenskins unawares.

Battle of Dingorackaz
The battle begins with Morlock deploying his army in a wide and loosely spread formation, relying on the power of the plagueclaw catapult Morlocke sends waves of skavenslaves to muck up the advancing green tide and pin the orcs down for warpfire to rain down upon them. Meanwhile skirmishers and slingers hid in light shrubbery to run circles around the enemy frontline and engage their ranged support units and fire into their backs. Morlocke himself made ample use of his warplighting, firing into the clumps of biguns and boys that would cluster around our slaves to kill them both.
Pictures:

The battle reaches a fever pitch as our forces begin to claw their way to victory, the slaves are dead but many groups of slingers are still firing and some clanrats remain, Morlocke's final use of menace below begins to rout the last of the night goblins, and the orc boys have long since fled the field, but the Orc + Goblin boss and their posse of Big Un's are made of sterner stuff. And that is when disaster struck. The Catapults ran out of ammunition, and there were still orcs to kill. With our #1 source of killing power taken off line the final straw was not only incompetence this time, but pitiful cowardice

Despite his complete and abject failure, Morlocke receives a promotion. A fitting one at that.

After the terrible performance of our clan-rat based army, and the realization that we cannot afford anything much better, I get to work making due with what I have

As I continue to plan our operations to retake Karak 8 Peaks, Seer Phoebos sends word of an urgent notice "Another rebel army, even larger than the past one marches on us!"

But I know how prone the seer is to hyperbole and ignore his missives. He'll be fine without me.

Realizing we're going to need a better, and much more expensive army to take 8 Peaks, and seeing the giant pile of dawi gold lying undefended well within reach, Queek prepares to move. The pitiful stunties attempt to stop him but Queek slays the Thane who so foolishly thought he could defeat the true master of skaven-kind. Queek and Morlock move forward to surround Karak Azul and spend a few turns building siege ladders and recruiting a few new units.

To help pad out our accounting while we wait for the siege to prepare, we send word to the dead things, trading our promises for their gold. My favorite trade.

Finally, we are prepared.
The Battle of Karak Azul

While Queek's Army and Morlocke's Reinforcements outnumber the dwarfs 3:1 the power of stone walls and heavy gunnery cannot be underestimated. But our siege towers and artillery will be put to great use creating openings for the rathordes to pour through. 2 Siege Towers protected by a clanrat shield unit each to take hits from the tower advance from both sides. One group is followed up by Queek's elite line of stormvermin and the heaviest cannon line we have in the field, the other is alone for now, and a third detachment of stalking skirmishers are placed far away, where they will be able to scale the walls unseen. The clanrat shields do their work and all 4 siege towers hit the walls with elite stormvermin w/ halberds or swords storm out and begin to slaughter the dawi garrison. Plagueclaw catapults bring down a wall section, burying most of a group of dwarf greataxes with it. Meanwhile Morlocke's reinforcing army arrives with our new and fresh plague monks and rat ogres. The plague monks rush for the siege towers while the rat ogres barge down the nearest gate. A solitary bolt thrower is the only unit left defending the all-important city center and menace below are used to disable the artillery and cap the point. Eventually the hordes are too much, and every last dwarf lay dead, or is put to flight, with the last pocket of resistance being the lord and his bodyguard who had rallied before fleeing.

Pictures:

Queek, utterly and completely singlehandedly responsible for the victory, takes his new high tier troops from Morlocke and sends the cowardly wretch to settle Karak Azul after Queek has had his fill of loot and plunder. We settle the city as a level 3 and have a comfortable budget margin to begin our march on to Karak 8 Peaks!

Teaser for Next Time
7 Turns Ago

420 Gank Mid fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jul 10, 2018

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
An appropriate amount of casualties on both sides.

Also it's make do drat it!

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
If you need players, I'd be happy to throw my hat into the ring; played lots of Skaven online, but never the campaign, so it should only be a slightly unmitigated disaster!

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
I will add you to the list, gentlegoon.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

More like Sloow Headtaker.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

What's the hold up

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
If you are not going to do the next turns hand it off to someone who will.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
We should probably make some kind of bypass rule: the only way 15 turns should take this long is if your computer is dead. As such, we should probably just pass it to the next person on the list after a week of inaction; if none of the others between 420 and myself (or the LP boss) are still watching the thread, I'll post something next Saturday just to keep things moving. Sooner if someone makes an offer/request.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

thetruegentleman posted:

We should probably make some kind of bypass rule: the only way 15 turns should take this long is if your computer is dead. As such, we should probably just pass it to the next person on the list after a week of inaction; if none of the others between 420 and myself (or the LP boss) are still watching the thread, I'll post something next Saturday just to keep things moving. Sooner if someone makes an offer/request.

I say just do it.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
im next in line and got the latest save just now so hold ur horses, usurpers

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Woohoo!

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Hell yeah.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i warn you all tho im putting some effort into this so its going to take some time

preview of how i roll: https://i.imgur.com/g3ixpRv.gif

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i warn you all tho im putting some effort into this so its going to take some time

AAAAAAAAAA instead of SQUEAK, literally unwatchable, 1 star downvoted and unsubscribed.

While I'm at it, did 420 actually send you his save, or is it the one from the thread?

thetruegentleman fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 10, 2018

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

You work pleases the Horned Rat.

Surely the Council of Thirteen is going to send Eshin assasins to hunt for the missing traitor-rat.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

thetruegentleman posted:

AAAAAAAAAA instead of SQUEAK, literally unwatchable, 1 star downvoted and unsubscribed.

While I'm at it, did 420 actually send you his save, or is it the one from the thread?

i got a new one from 420

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Take as long as you need, man.

...Obvious emphasis on "as you need."

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

e: I'll probably have stuff up by monday morning. which is the 13th so you know, bonus for that.

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Aug 12, 2018

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Eight Peaks Passed.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Pah! Where did candle-thing crawl off to?

Ah, there it is... oh, ur, hello?

So, man-things have been waiting for long? Been wanting to hear about more exploits-battles of Clan Mors, and its brilliant leaders, such as - no, mainly I?

Or... perhaps man-things want to hear about such great-mighty rats like Queek Headtaker?

Pah! PAH! Queek only good for taking credit! Credit that belongs to me!

And who is this magnificent presence before you, you squeak? Who has such a fine tail, a thick-rich coat, and such a commanding rasp-squeak to his voice? Who, you ask-beg to know, am I?

Pah! PAH! Nothing but more fool-things, ignorant of the one true genius, the one responsible rat who is key-center of all Mors successes, the one true, uh... ... mail clerk of Mors.

Yes-yes, it is tragic, I can hear you squeak. So tragic-sad to see such unappreciation, to see the architect of all Mors victories be stuck, alone, among soiled paper. Who else but I could have seen that the orders of Gnawdwell were so expertly delivered-sent? Who else but I could have made sure-certain that treaty pacts were sent as needed to Mors rivals? After all, isn't it as though that sending orders is much the same as MAKING the orders? Doesn't that make ME responsible?

And who else-else but I could have seen that this letter exonerating Warlord Mukip was delivered, before plot-thing painting him as a traitor resulted in his death?

As you can see, despite the clear evidence-truth that before you is the greatest mind in all Mors, not a single skaven-worm sees fit to even remember my name. A nefarious plot, borne of jealousy and ignorance! And I am not too proud-stupid to realize that, tho it is a crude, worthless plot, it has been somewhat effective. After all, I have been left in the pitiable-sad position of having to entertain no-fur dolts to pass the hours. A poor scheme demands comeuppance, however, I have my own strategy-idea to correct this wrong-crime, to wreck revenge on those that undercut me, and to see my name etched-gnawed into the stones of Skavenblight!

If your tiny-small mind sees fit to remember, I mentioned that I am responsible for seeing orders of Warlord Gnawdwell to be sent to his minion-leaders. And I myself have noticed, over time, that Gnawdwell's crude letters-writings are very simple to forge. If it was ME receiving the orders, of course, I would not be fooled, but if it is someone as dim-stupid as Queek? Ha!

So, I shall place my OWN orders in, and once Mors finds itself in a place of power-glory, I shall emerge, with meticulously crafted evidence, to accept my post of prestige and respect that a mind as fit-sharp as mine deserves! Gnawdwell and his little pawn will have no choice! Flawless! Genius! Be proud, man-things, that I have seen fit to grace you with a veritable concerto-play, of unrivaled composure! Maybe if you show proper groveling-gratitude, I'll even accept you as the first of my worshipers!

The forces of Mors have surged forth, and in their rapid march they finally have the object of Queek Notaker's obsession before them! Oh, how perfect it would be, to send orders for Queek to stand down! His temper tantrum-rage would be oh so delightful! And... and... perhaps... directed to... hrmmm

No matter, bigger things to be concerned of! Or should we say, smaller things. The dwarf things have been laid ever lower, but they cannot be given a chance to rebuild, or they'll try to strike our names from their grudgey books! Perhaps this would be something that patchy-fur Queek Credittaker would actually be suited for. I can't imagine he would be too suspicous about being redirected-distracted if it meant he was able to slaugther stunty things.

Other things lurk north as well. Bigger things! Stronger, meaner things! Big waagh being formed by Grimgor Ironhide. He look-seem tough, but I'm sure, given my fearsome tactical brain-organ, he will not be my match! Never in a dozen years, or a, a dozen-dozen, or even, urgk, urm...

Uh, I have a better-smarter plan! Grimgor can be distracted by no-fighting pact! Simple job, very simple, but one I have already taken care of. He said something about us being "Not worth smashin' if theyze just gonna whines about it", clearly a bluff to cover up his fear musk! Nothing the matter at all with treaty, purely a smart, good plan! Made similar deal with fancy dead things in desert, while I was at it! Worthless minions could never think so smart as I can, no-no!

Speaking of worthless minions, I came up with a good use for one such fool. He was busy-lazy, hanging out around Eight Peaks for some stupid reason, trying to get stabbed by goblin tiny boss, no doubt. I'm sure no smart reason other than trying to be "wounded" and taking a break. In any case, he pleaded-whined that he was going to sneak some kind of boom-device into the place, and though it was a foolish lie to cover up his worthlessness, I managed to take advantage of the pathetic worm and sent him to do just that! Entierly, entierly my plan, my genius scheme, no way some other warlord came up with that, they too stupid, too absent!

Dumb greenskins could no nothing to stop it. You could hear the noise all the way at Granite Massif! The defenses that would have been so troublesome are now much reduced, much oppertunity for easy conquest!

caution: flashy-strobe lights

It's conquest will come in due-soon time, other things to be done! I have not overlooked tiny dwarf things; the dirt-crawlers in the north must be eliminated, province much be taken!

Bah! What is this? An eshin assassin outplayed by a beard-thing? Worthless eshin, worthless minion! How could such a thing come to pass?

Worthless, worthless! What idiots I am forced to command! Queek, you lazy, small tailed fool, go-go, kill them all!

What? They're already dead? Pah, such a worthless fight, not worth giving any insight. My genius orders are no doubt the cause of such a simple victory! Only one skaven of note died; a fleabitten gutter runner dodged into dwarf-things bolt-thrower's shot! Dwarf things were obliterated with fire from our siege weapons, they'll never dare raise their stunty noses up at us again!

Only curiosity amongst dwarf settlement was an elf they were entertaining. Looking over the followers of our warlords, I spied many such pure-thing slaves; typical of those smug island dwellers to send their spies amongst us. I'll make a note of this-this.

Speaking of smug ugly things, our "allies" have seen fit to rot to nothing outside one of our nest-warrens. Idiot fools made such worthless allies for Mors! Euck! I bet they paid so dearly for such a treaty, be so typical of them, trying to sabatoge the efforts of Mors! The efforts of ME!

Some hopped up Grey Seer sought to start trouble in our newly seized-conquered province. No doubt he was suprised at the speed-haste of my response; at least, surprised, until he and his minions found themselves dead-dead. Ha!

Enough distractions! I've decided that Weak-Queek shall, in fact, lead the assault on Karak Eight Peaks! I know he's nothing but talk-lies, so when green-thing armies arrive and he is forced to run-flee, all will realize that he's nothing but a- wait, what-what? Where are the greenskins going?

They ran? THEY RAN? From Queek? How pathetic! How worthless! No matter, taking Eight Peaks is enough to cement my name as a legend amongst Mors-kin, even if Queek is running around. I am the one in command! I am the one leading! They will know, and fear the name- what, whats this? New orders from Gnawdwell?

Gnawdell! Curse the Warlord! He's seeking to undermine my genius plan by issuing the same orders! How am I supposed to show how dumb-stupid he is if he keeps coming up with the same things I am? I shall see that this battle is executed PERFECTLY! That way, there can be no doubt as to my genius, my worthiness!

BATTLE OF EIGHT PEAKS VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J0SkJsXxEE (Warnings: Long, dumb voice, possibly boring)

Eight Peaks Summerized:

Although we could improve Eight Peaks to level four, it is, um, well, it is my call-command that it is only upgraded to level 3. After all, wouldn't want fellow skaven peers to go hungry! I am a merciful, kind, generous master! No other reasons! No other concerns!

Eight Peaks is Mors! Or, should I say, that City of Pillars is Mors, again! Best call it by its proper, good-smart, skaven name! Maybe there are eight peaks, maybe there aren't, I can't- won't count such nonsense things! But there are many, many pillars here! And other things - dwarf-thing treasures, waiting to be uncovered!

Of course, Queek Headshaker sought to steal credit-glory of the conquest. But thanks to me writing this, not one of you can think-speak differently! It was me! Me! All Mors minions should feel gratitude and loyalty to smart-clever rats like me, not dumb oafs like Gnawdwell and his little pipsqueak, Queek!

One such minion has been rewarded with a new title, as well, in celebration of his many zaps and blasts he wrought upon the green skin scum! Last name very boring, new title is much more, euh, better-best! I heard he took it rather well, only fried one clan rat to ashes when he heard-heard of it!

Doubtless, orc things and goblin things will return to try to take back Pillar City. But that is for later; for now, I shall go out and bask in the glory that my cunning has earned me!

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Aug 13, 2018

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

:eyepop:

Art. Goddamn art. A mail clerk with delusions of grandeur is about as skaven as it can get.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Look... at the update! See... the gifs! Yes-yes!

Best LP update I've seen in a while, keep up the good work!

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Amazing update, holy poo poo! The battle vid was great as well!

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
:five:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

quote:

I been found-found! I can't spell-well "zero"!

Also, goddamn, this is one of the LP forums all-time highs.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Godspeed you crazy little rat people.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Best update on the best date, well worth the wait-wait :allears:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

tiler you beautiful bastard

Dallbun
Apr 21, 2010
That was amazing.

The best thing about being a skaven is that failure is never your fault, but victory is always to your credit. What a blessed existence. Except for being surrounded by incompetent, treacherous dolts, of course.

ratchild13
Apr 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Holy crap, AMAZING job Tiler! The pictures were great, but the whole video in character was awesome. Sounds like you'll need something for your throat after that performance.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

...Poetry. Everything about that was pure and absolute Skaven, yes-yes!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ratchild13 posted:

Holy crap, AMAZING job Tiler! The pictures were great, but the whole video in character was awesome.

Honestly, if Tiler revealed himself to be a VA for the Skaven, I wouldn't be surprised :allears:

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 13, 2018

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

:perfect:

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I don't know anything about warhammer at all but that was brilliant.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Like Skaven slaves rallying for a timely rear charge, this thread is back!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
That was completely glorious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
That was sheer poetry. Holy poo poo that was amazing.

• Locked thread