Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

You got me. I thought for sure you'd not go any further than Koudelka. I'm super psyched, but sorry about all the chatting about the Shadow Hearts series in the last thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Oh dang, I forgot about the Mask guys. I kinda like them!

TalkLittle posted:

It's hilarious to me that Yuri builds up immense anger and hatred, probably mixed with some guilt, by beating the poo poo out of monsters for so many years. And his solution is to... beat the poo poo out of monsters in his imagination in order to assuage those feelings.

I feel like it's less his own feelings more the negative feelings and the curses of all those monsters he's killed in the past coming back to haunt him. And then he uses his imagination to beat them up again to make them chill out. And it works.

Yuri is my kind of RPG protagonist.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Zanzibar Ham posted:

The idea is that the acupuncture session unlocks the hidden potential in your body which let's you use the weapon as if you've had years of practice with it. Makes as much sense as anything considering magic and demons and all.

I kinda like the idea, especially considering how the average RPG protag barely spends a week with a new weapon before finding a better one in a cave.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Zhuzhen is a pretty cool guy, yeah. I like his theme too.

It's good to see a "wise old master" type who's still pretty friendly and open instead of going full-on inscrutable Gandalf mode.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

"Light trigger" is an understatement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=folybZhun9M&t=110s

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Just nonstop :rip: ever since Margarete joined.

She's the best.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Shadow Hearts is pretty goofy and fun, but every once in a while it slips back to its gothic horror roots from Koudelka.

Everybody who skipped it, go back and click on that last video link.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

That mackerel item description...

Everyone was disgusted.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Here's the real reason Zhuzhen is either everyone's die-hard favorite or utterly forgotten. The General Leo Effect is in full swing for him.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

It's been so long since I last played this that I honestly thought I imagined Bacon getting beaned on the back of his head. Playing this on a fuzzy old CRT screen didn't help matters.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

DukeofCA posted:

Shadow Hearts is absolutely not afraid to have its' villains look like goofs from time to time.

You're right. I never should have doubted my memory.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Zanzibar Ham posted:

A Reverse Demon's Gate Invocation has more words than a mere Demon's Gate Invocation, so it's better.

QED

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Arbite posted:

Does everyone forget he was a bishop?

His first name is "Father". Understandably, he goes mostly by his middle name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Fittingly, Forron's Hellfire seems to come from a low rez and legally distinct knock-off of Rodin's The Gates of Hell