Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
MM-DD-YYYY is right and proper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Ratoslov posted:

BRB writing a novel about an ancient satanic ritual to pay off your student loans.

That's just Choice of the Deathless.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Omobono posted:

I'm fairly sure it was Symphonia that had a sidequest that unlocked the first step into the final boss' room and locked again upon triggering the cutscene the second step in.

I don't remember Symphonia too well but I know in Abyss you get ridiculous things like using a map ability to attack something you've no indication you can do, ridiculous things like a spot you do, specifically triggering the most plot relevant sidequest heading to an area you otherwise have no reason whatsoever to go for which then spans the entire game with equally obtuse triggers including requiring you to get a prompt of "fight the final boss y/n" before unlocking its end. Then in Vesperia you have absurdities like getting the 3rd and 4th parts of sidequests without hitting the 1st and 2nd but then because you didn't get those it stops at 4 and you can't get someone's best weapon.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

rannum posted:

Thanks for the LP, id. I had seen/read a LP of this ages ago but I forgot basically everything.

It's been interesting seeing the video situation in LP develop over the years. Youtube used to be that one you did begrudgingly so you had a back up because the quality was so low, meanwhile [insert host here] that's the real hotness.
but then that host would die, so they'd move to another. And youtube remained in the background.
Then this repeats itself as youtube ever so slowly finally becomes a mix of a better overall viewing experience and also the only one left standing

DailyMotion, Vimeo, Blip, GameVee, pretty sure there were 2 other big ones at some point.

Viddler and Veoh.