Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Ah man I almost forgot how good the music is in this game. It definitely helps that the music actually fits the tone of this game more than the first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

It wasn't THAT early on. FFX (it's direct completion) holds up pretty decently in comparison. Hell, this game's cg is more on par with ff8's, although with less compression. Yeah, this game was totally considered ugly at the time, and age has not improved it.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Oh yay, Malice. Would it be too much of a spoiler to say that it, frankly, gets to be a pretty annoying mechanic. Guess they had to have SOME bad ideas here or it isn't a Koudelka sequel.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

It's too bad that Zhuzhen isn't a character that people tend to remember from this game, because he's a good dude.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

I kinda love that the aspect of Mata Hari that this game draws on is the spy aspect. Ya know, something which I believe historians aren't 100% sure Mata Hari actually ever was, and if she was, she wasn't very good at it. Although let's be real, Margie here isn't doing a great job either.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

I love how this serious old woman feels the need to add sound effects to her spooky story.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

I think pistachios are magical

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

I really, really wanna know what the hell this was in Japanese

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Pesky Splinter posted:

He just says Yuri's name. The whole "Thou hast not won even once" seems to be a bizarre invention of the localisation.

[e]: Double checked. Yeah, any time that phrase appears, just pretend it doesn't exist.
[e2]: It's intentional - it's a repeated a few times as a motto between Halley and his mother when they reunite.
VVV

I always figured the "thou hast" weirdness was just some catchphrase or turn of phrase that just didn't translate, but the truth is even more confusing. The hell.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

It's kinda sad that Koudelka doesn't really retain a lot of her personality from the first game. Yeah, certainly age and kid would have mellowed her, but you'd think she'd still be a bit acerbic.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Sterski posted:

Well gently caress anyone who decided to name Yuri something else I guess.

And you know, at first I thought I would just use Yuri and the others. I thought I could use their remarkable powers to benefit our nation.
Uh my name is Urmnaf.
No it's not.
No it's loving not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

I used Halley since he just tends to be the highest leveled out of the rest and I'm lazy