Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

Shitenshi posted:

2. Should be "try."

Google Monster Hunter's game selection and you'll see that one isn't a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Given the fact that your LPs include the Cavia line, is the child murder thing really that surprising a trend of your LPs?

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
An odd way to look at the Meiyuan thing is that he can be seen as an equality thing of sorts! Yuri doesn't exactly come off well with his early perviness either.....

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Honestly I like Kawashima's and Kato's perspective being included in here. You have the entire party treating what they're doing as completely normal, so it's good to attach some regular person perspective to ground the narrative.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
They honestly weren't concerned about balance as far as Yuri is concerned really.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
These are definitely the bad idea dungeons. Restricting options is always a bad move because either it doesn't do anything or it's just way too wide of a sweeping net.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I do like how they executed that desync of player and character here. For the player, Kawashima is being built up to be more sympathetic since we see her very abrupt 'fish out of water' moment with magic, and her softer side. The party sees none of that and realistically have very good reason to be mad with her.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

Picayune posted:

"Guy who's in the game for maybe three minutes? Get that man a portrait and unique model, stat!"

That is odd compared to them reusing a model for Sea Mother.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Honestly I think the bigger problem with the difficulty of the Yuri fight is that you don't have Yuri. Shadow Hearts doesn't even pretend to be balanced with it's relative party power, which I honestly find kind of bold and refreshing. They play up Harmonixers as something people are afraid of and Yuri reinforces that notion.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I'm pretty sure Keith can use the jugs just fine due to his SP total. Granted, you said that Keith just gets screwed over by the enemy elements for the most part so eh....

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

Commander Keene posted:

That reminds me of a D&D feat that allowed you to walk up walls as long as you ended each movement "in contact with a horizontal surface capable of supporting your weight". It never said that surface needed to be beneath you. Cue jokes about people hanging off ceilings.

Technically it never said that you stay attached to said surface after the movement either, so it works, but you just fall afterwards.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Really just feels like the important part of the endgame is 'Does Alice have Arc?' Literally every other detail can be brute-forced to whatever degree with the MP/SP restoratives past that.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
God Eradication is a good laugh. I honestly think that they could've made it work. If all they did was just remove Father Elliot's spinning, and just have him get smaller, it would've worked a lot better.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Gotta say that Star Shape is indeed an amazing song. There's just something so mystical about it.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Man, I definitely like Animorphs, but that series is like the prime example of parents not properly vetting what their children read. My parents disliked depictions of violence and would never buy games or anything with that as a central conceit. Then they'd buy me Animorph books because it has transforming children on the cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

Onmi posted:

Is it time for another installment of "Man Animorphs is SUPER hosed up"?

I thought all children's books have child soldiers and slavery in them?