Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Hyuga...must be a pattern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Bacon't character portrait makes him look more like a private dick from an old movie

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Woake up from hernia surgery today and legit thought I was Yuri Hyuga for a sec

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Leraika posted:

Margarete is so good.

I genuinely love the fact that she doesn't bother to hide that she only keeps tagging along because she finds these guys to be fun

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
...Why are Alice's bangs like an inch in front of her forehead?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I don’t know what you’re talking about because we got light rain here in Asheville.

(Seriously that’s awesome and I’d be there too but work denied my request to use my vacation days to help)

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I feel like we don't beat up enough fetuses in RPGs. It's one of my top 3 concerns. Right up there with the state of the USA and where my favorite flip-flops are.

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Dec 17, 2018

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Picayune posted:

I still like you, Keith. :smith:

(it me, the person who champions the useless underdog characters forever)

High five, it's me the guy who uses Jean and Spar in Breath of Fire II because making my life harder is kinda my thing

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Or Lunar Dragon Song to Silver Star and Eternal Blue

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Such a shame because Silver Star and Eternal Blue are awesome, and that series has so much potential, plot-wise. I really hate that they just keep remaking those two games.

Hell, Lufia is the same way. Breath of Fire, Lunar, Lufia, and Suikoden are my dream RPGs that will never get more entries. I also think I'm one of like, 3 people who liked Curse of the Sinistrals.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Cardiovorax posted:

Ugh, forced early release DS mechanics. I remember those ever so fondly. I guess a lot of people here will have played Dawn of Sorrow, seeing how popular it was, and it always grated on me just how completely useless and shoehorned-in the seal drawing was. Dawn of Sorrow is a great game, a wonderful handheld Castlevania entry in really every sense... that also doesn't use touch controls, like, basically at all.

Except at the end of boss fights. Then, it forces you to scramble for the stylus that you haven't needed in hours and draw a progressively more complex symbol while it times you, and you either succeed or get to re-do the final phase of the boss fight. If you're bad at that kind of fast coordination, it might take you three, four, or even more tries.

I am so glad the whole stylus input gimmick mostly died an ignoble death years ago.

I was so happy when I discovered a patch that removes all the stylus parts from Dawn of Sorrow, even breaking those blocks

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I'm on my phone right now but it's on romhacking.net

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

CmdrKing posted:

Curse of the Sinistrals is a bit tragic really. The technical issues are... very noticeable, to a degree I can't fault people for mostly rejecting it. But aside from that it's almost a perfect remake? It captures the bits and pieces of each character and expands them in logical ways that, while still on the cliche way, mesh together pretty well. Never mind that the original plot wrinkle that made Lufia II stand out, that the hero and heroine got married in the middle, is STILL nearly unique to this one game.
It kept the puzzle element, but adapted it in a way that made sense in the ARPG direction they went. The more pointless jaunts that made sense in a turn-based game for padding were excised to keep the plot moving smoothly. Probably the only non-technical letdown was most of the bosses aren't really very interesting, but then again the Sinistrals were one-dimensional bruisers in Rise of the Sinistrals too so... *shrug*

I am pretty sure I would think long and hard about blood sacrifices if it guaranteed me an honest to god Suikoden VI. ... or a new Shadow Hearts game for that matter.

That lag was pretty awful, but on the other hand I got to crush Amon in 20 seconds using a boxing glove coming out of a suitcase

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

CmdrKing posted:

It's the other thing Dekar is best at: stealing Tia's weapon and making it look better than she ever could.

If you don't give Tia a chance to shine and take center stage for once you're a monster and I hope Gades comes after your town next

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Oh! Valkyrie Profile! Make it a round 5 to my RPG list.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Majora's Mask they ain't

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Legaia 2 is weird to me; I loved the first game, but the second one has like not a goddamn thing to do with it, other than one single enemy who pops up very rarely if at all outside of a required quest and the world still being named the same. It just feels like they slapped the Legaia name on it hoping for brand recognition or something.

I have a weird relationship with the first Legaia because I have no idea why I love that game so much. Every boss fight is repetitive and it's incredibly tedious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Robindaybird posted:

yeah the Seru was so cool, and there's a surprising amount of funny character writing in Legaia.

The dialogue in that game is very odd because it's very child-like while still discussing incredibly dark topics. Maybe that's why I like it, because it reminds me of Animorphs on that front