Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

The Dark Id posted:

Shadow Hearts is a JRPG released by Sacnoth released in December of 2001 for the Sony Playstation 2.

Shadow Hearts is an indirect sequel to the 2000 RPG by the same developers, Koudelka -- a completed LP of which can be found right over here Sacnoth’s output this time around is far more of a traditional JRPG
No need for the second "released", and since you introduce "a completed LP of which..." with a dash, you should also have a dash between "here" and "Sacnoth's output".

The Dark Id posted:

An Assassins off to stop Templars planting an explosive in the engine car.

quote:

<gets up from owning like The Undertaker>
Getting owned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I think he means the way he gets up is the way the Undertaker tends to.
The problem is less with "gets up like the Undertaker" and more with "from owning". Obviously.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

chiasaur11 posted:

This was the era of Japan as an aspiring colonial power paling around with the British and trying to be accepted as one of the guys at international diplomatic summits. They were even one of the Allies in WWI.

Unit 731 and the half-dozen Prime Ministers who died as war criminals were still about a generation away from taking power.

It's a bit like comparing Wilhelm's Germany and Hitler's.

They're both bad, but they don't provide the same level of "this guy hates them, so he's got some redeeming qualities" shorthand.
I mean...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Arthur_massacre_(China)

(Though to be fair, "Wilhelm's Germany" was also a fan of genocide, so the comparison works)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Reading this after a few days means all the cool errors are taken.

The Dark Id posted:

<clenches fists> You.,.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Since any rural town just loves it when outsides roll in

There is rarely an indication an item is anyone out in the world.

In case someone gets hit with Paralysis, we can just wing a hair ornament at their head and sort that out.

No matter how many times I go through labor, there never ends up being any babies left...

Sorry, can’t hear you. Busy going to go give an rear end kicking.

...And I don’t think you want any Solaris Meat Sandwiches from around here.

Outsiders, anywhere, fling (though I guess wing kinda works as a pun).

Not sure about the last three. "Ends up being babies" may or may not be a transcription error.

You might have meant Soylent rather than Solaris, or I might be missing a reference.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

DanielCross posted:

Solaris is a Xenogears reference, another game Id LP'd.
Oh yeah, rear end in a top hat doctor sandwiches. Makes sense.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Mazed posted:

Sweet Baby Buddha. Did that article about the Hino-Enma read as complete and utter word salad to anyone else? :psyduck:
Google translate from Japanese is my guess.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Harvest of the Yama King. Not sure if I should be flashing back to Shadowrun or V:TM.

The Dark Id posted:

Nah. It’s just wolves. The frikkin’ loved wolves early on.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Not 15% is a huge margin of damage reduction. Still...
Not *that* 15%

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Master Zhuzhen? I never imagined he still lived.

I never imagined he'd still live.[/i]

Is that intentional?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Gilgamesh255 posted:

Hell, what kind of crisis did his group divert? If my history wasn't so laughable, I'd probably be able to make a decent guess.
Japan was involved in the reformation, the civil wars following the reformation and a take over of Korea and parts of China. Europe was mostly peaceful, barring the scramble to take over Africa.

A lot of Japanese students were sent to Europe and America, so I'd say that's enough historical inspiration to have Ben and friends exploring the Wild West.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

It'd probably rather get struck by lightning than set on fire, personally.
I'd

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

This scaly clown comes packing 600 HP of which Yuri will be punching away 581 hit points of on a good day.
Probably 6000?

quote:

Over over a hundred,

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

ultrafilter posted:

600 is probably right. The Shadow Hearts series has never had the sort of HP inflation that was plaguing Final Fantasy games at the time.
It wouldn't take 5 minutes to defeat with Yuri doing 580 HP per attack if it had 600 HP.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Kanfy posted:

(which you might recognize from that FFX track "Suteki Da Ne" - "Isn't It Wonderful?"),
Sure. The steak song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRG5w40fyfQ

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

My great pawpaw once said something about bloodsucking incidents once,
Probably erase the second "once".

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Oi. I've been busy doing hurricane relief work junk back in North Carolina and will probably continue to be doing so at least through the weekend. LP updates should resume after that.
Kudos. We'll wait.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

That must be…
?!
Well, let’s not get too excited before we’re certain.
I think the middle portrait is supposed to be Keith?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

And World War 1 is still a few years off so not political strife.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Anyway, this top not squawker
Possibly "top note'?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Rare the status ailment inflicting weapons in Shadow Hearts.

"Rare are" would make this a decent Yoda-sentence, but "Status ailment inflicting weapons are rare in Shadow Hearts" would probably work better.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

At there is a use case for MP and SP only.

Day-Month-Year is the stupid as poo poo.

Robindaybird posted:

Yuri's confusion over months would make sense if we assume he only knows the Chinese names for them, but it falls flat given he showed no other problems with language (honestly what language is everyone speaking? - I highly doubt Halley and Keith are fluent in Chinese, and Yuri's unlikely to be a polyglot)
I was about to point out that Russia was still running on the Julian calendar at the time, but the months still go in the same order. :shrug:

Cyflan posted:

Also: Day-Month-Year is the correct order. :colbert:
:hai:

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Oct 24, 2018

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

[sub]<snort> Master Bacon is never gonna stop sounding funny...

Don't worry, I held back to baby strength He's still breathin', I think...

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Commander Keene posted:

The exact timing is a bit off; the Bolshevik Revolution that deposes the Tsar is a few years in the future, IIRC
I mean... it might be in the SH universe, but no Bolshevik revolution deposed the Czar in our world.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Yeah, I know Alice. Who spells Lilith with two "L"s? Well, enough of that. About that projector...

Makes more sense as:

Yeah, I know Alice. Who spells Lilith with three "L"s? Well, enough of that. About that projector...

quote:

Well... you're looking right at it, Alice. Did it ACTUALLY turn around and smile? And if so, would that actually be so unusually?
Unusual.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

With that done, Keith has no properly obtained the Demon Sword,
now.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Dec 29, 2018

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

But they did stick a number of second-best sets of armor or weapons for everyone in this dungeon and we've come far to ignore them now. Anyway, about that staircase to the east...

Too far.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

And also the last of the ever-looming dungeon threat of random battles.

And the final random battle trash mob filling out the roster is naturally a variant of the Wind Shear. Beginning the same place we started.

and the ability to lop off a couple hundred hit points to our party

I don't how technologically advanced your civilization might be.

Back to the rafters for early.
The first is just ill-phrased enough that I had to re-read it a few times to get the meaning.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Accordion Man posted:

Tales of Berseria was mostly fine I felt, a big part of that is the game still doesn't try to justify what they're trying to do at all and the cast still hates them.
Sounds like Tales of Phantasia to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

What isn't fun is the party were this fight took fifteen minutes.
Thanks for the LP.

Looking forward to the next one.