Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

The Dark Id posted:

Since Tornado is an Earth elemental, ...

Wind elemental.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

UPDATE ON PREVIOUS PAGE

The Dark Id posted:

Holy man Hylas sure looks an awful lot like an anime schoolgirl... Unless that is supposed to be one of those water nymphs that abducted him like a chump.
I mean, "holy man" is kinda a stretch. If we're talking about the guy who traveled with Hercules (based on the nymphs comment), he was a boy. I could believe that's supposed to be a picture of a boy/young man from that ancient, pants-less time.

The Dark Id posted:

You didn't feel it prudent to mention you were repeatedly sending me into a meat grinder?
given preceding dialogue, should this be "sending men into"?

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

The Dark Id posted:

... She may be a heretic, but her power seems to be God-given…

so this guy believes she might have powers from God, and still imprisons and tortures her? Not even trying for the pretense of "I thought I was doing the right thing"?

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

GimmickMan posted:

I did not know that was the origin of the term scapegoat. That's darkly humorous. The more I learn about ancient religion the more I realize that people used to be big into sacrificing animals for whatever reason they could find.

To be fair, there are two goats involved in the scapegoat tradition, and the scapegoat is the one that doesn't get sacrificed. It gets to live out its goat life in the wilderness (no cliffs involved in my sources). And I don't think it was actually blamed for the sins or anything; it's just carrying them away.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

StandardVC10 posted:

Sadly, Europe's totally hosed political situation was not a problem that punching real hard could solve. :smith:

You just need to punch the right people.