Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I'm following an LP of God Hand and the thought that keeps coming to mind is "Would Gene get along with this other smartass punchman, or would they get on each other's nerves?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

The Dark Id posted:

And with that, we now have our second party member. And Yuri mostly does knock it off with being an awkward perv too, so that’s good. Tune in next time as we make our way across the midnight plains of rural China, beat up some wildlife, cast a miracle or two and maybe fight a ghost as Shadow Hearts continues!
I'm just going to assume Yuri really enjoys a good fight...which is hardly any better, considering what happened in the prologue.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Crowetron posted:

A lesser game would've waited until at least the second act finale to let you travel into your own brain dimension and beat a ghostly manifestation of your sins to death with your bare hands. Shadow Hearts puts that poo poo in the tutorial.
It also tells you to get back in the brain dimension when you’ve killed too many monsters and your sins are starting to build up again, or when you’ve killed enough monsters to unlock another demon in your subconscious mind that wants to kick your rear end.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

ajkalan posted:

...cave in a monster's skull with it?
After you tape the hammer head to your knuckles, of course.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I like to think the items we pick up are an uneven mix of actually magical stuff and fraudulent baubles that somehow work thanks to arcane shenanigans.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I honestly completely forgot Zhuzhen existed. Same with Meiyuan, though it was for the best in the latter case.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

The Dark Id posted:

I’ve got some bad news about those “granules of gold” you just found in that sewage hourglass...
They're actually made of pyrite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Night10194 posted:

Someone on this pulp action occult superhero team has to be the person who just shoots people with guns.
The key to getting the bad ending in this game is letting John Constantine join your party.