Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edvarius
Aug 23, 2013
One thing I really appreciate about this game is that it doesn't pretend the hero is some ordinary kid who just so happens to grow into being the legendary hero. Ordinary kids don't reattach severed limbs casually like that. The hero is a superpowered freak, and this game is letting you know that right up front.

I also appreciate Roger Bacon here. More games need dapper murder wizards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edvarius
Aug 23, 2013

Onmi posted:

Not everyone is Xehanort.

Are you sure about that? We're talking about a guy who is is known to use multiple incarnations, body snatching, mental/spiritual contamination, and time travel. He very well could be everyone, and he's already the villain of a crossover series. Would it really be that surprising for him to jump series too?

Edvarius
Aug 23, 2013

Speedball posted:

Consider that Rude Hero destroys those sickle-demons so easily, and consider that just one of those sickle-demons was enough to kill a squad of armed soldiers... this is a hero who is not loving around. You know how in most JRPGs, enemies with guns do like 2 damage because they're armed with nerf bullets? Here I think the bullets work just fine, you just are literally superman.

And yet he's only level 3 at this point. This is a man who reattaches limbs, crushes skulls, and effortlessly bursts through rail cars, and he's level 3.

Edvarius
Aug 23, 2013

Leraika posted:

The choice to localize Yuri's name as that instead of Urmanov/Uru was one of the best localization choices ever.

Yeah. Both because the new name sounds a heck of a lot better, and also because the gift shops keep running out of Borte license plates and if they'd gone with that version of his name that'd just make our rude hero get upset with some innocent shopkeeper.

Edvarius
Aug 23, 2013
Them bashing you over the head with it would explain why it's a consumable item. Oh well, at least the Holy Mother Busts are stated to be modeled after the martyr's carving rather then the original. It's a lot more believable that some random merchant would have them that way. As opposed to those Bone Bracelets. Just how many Buddha spines are there to go around in the first place?

Edvarius
Aug 23, 2013

Zagglezig posted:

I remember being surprised at the changes to vampire rules over the years when I got around to reading Dracula sometime after college. In there it's garlic flowers, specifically, rather than the root bulbs you always see (except the time they chop off one's head and stuff its mouth with garlic). Crosses probably would have worked and burned on contact, but they used sacramental wafers more often than crosses. Sunlight was just a power drain. Dracula runs around in mid day at one point and he's fine, he just can't use any powers. Turning into mist and being able to go through unsealed cracks in doors and windows was also new to me.

Really, Dracula has a lot of surprises in it. Like Dracula's plans are him trying to think of ways around the classic vampire weaknesses. People know how to fight vampires? Move someplace where they don't. Vampires can be trapped in their lair with nowhere to run? Bring enough coffins and earth to make 50 different hideouts. Good luck finding him then.

Of course the most ludicrous thing in that book was Arthur carrying rat terriers with him just in case Dracula sics an army of rats on them. Which he does.

Edvarius
Aug 23, 2013
I just love the monster description for Mailman. Why couldn't we have had to deal with that guy instead of Kevin? At least he would have been entertainingly insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edvarius
Aug 23, 2013
I would not want to inflict Legaia 2 on him. I mean sure, the Legaia battle system is an interesting concept, but by the end of the game my combos were taking so long to complete I was reading a book during the battles.