Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
I love how our first antagonist of the game is just the dapperest English gentleman possible. I wouldn't be surprised if he craps scones and pisses Earl Grey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Speedball posted:

Love that Roger Bacon does a little bow before the fight.

It really contrasts nicely with the little disinterested shrug Rude does at the start of every battle.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Speedball posted:

That's how the Wolverine game worked. Good thing for him his pants were indestructible.

Batman Arkham Asylum/City as well, (Perhaps the later games as well, but I haven't played them) Batman's suit got progressively dirtier/more ragged as you played the game.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I find it funny that our mask friends have essentially cursed us with annoying game mechanics.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

It's great how they don't even bother with the whole finding the village's deep dark secret quest and just have them go "Yeah, we're gonna eatcha." right off the bat.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

It was certainly surprising the way they just killed off the supposed main characters like that. Especially since with that fakeout prologue to make you think that the story was about Bacon and Dehuai being wizard friends while the real story is about the escalating battle of wits between Malkovich and Kawashima. It was a pretty ballsy move but I think it worked out pretty well.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Cursed Sewer Level. ...Well, Sewer Levels are always cursed, this one was more cursed than usual.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Ratoslov posted:

Those clogs are useless now, but I'd imagine they could be quite nice late-game.

Not really, because by then we'll have access to an accessory that slows the Judgment Ring without the dumb Agility penalty.

What I'm saying is if want some tissues The Chin is the one to get them from.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

DeafNote posted:

I am surprised the game just took the old trope of four elemental temples away from us and reduced it to just the Tiger.

On the other hand it still loves those unwinnable bossfights.

(And thats not the voice I expected for Zhuzhen)

Technically speaking we've already done the Black Tortoise Temple in the Cat Village and the Blue Dragon Temple with that Li Li business.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Technically you can use any character here. It's just that Yuri is the only character that can realistically solo it without an insane amount of grinding.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Well who else were they going to put in the XBox version, Blinx the Time Sweeper?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Ratoslov posted:

Kowloon?

...Kowloon?

Kowloon.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Everyone from Kowloon has stretchy-arms and immediately dissolves into poo gas when they die. I thought it was common knowledge. :shrug:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Zagglezig posted:

After all the years of seeing mostly just the FF fire ogre interpretation of ifrit, feels almost weird seeing a fire lizard guy.
So, do the new forms completely replace the old ones or do you get a choice of which to use?

This is a bit of a mix of possible ways to say it. "Did the ...not look unnerving enough?" "I guess/Maybe/For some reason the... just wasn't unnerving looking enough?" Pretty much a pick your preference sorta deal.

You can still use first tier fusions if you want, but higher level fusions are pretty much straight upgrades so there isn't much reason to not use them over the lower ones. (Well higher level fusions do have a bigger SP cost but that shouldn't be much of a factor.)

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Ubiquitous_ posted:

I just bought Star Ocean 4 HD Remaster... and it's terrible. It was only $10.49 so not a big deal. It's sitting in my backlog while I play Spyro.

I still don't know why Squenix thought remaking a game so legendarily terrible it killed the series was a good idea.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Hail Satan. :devil:

DeafNote posted:

I never thought I would call a living mask a pushover, but there we go.

Keep in mind that they are only pushovers because they've been weakened. Fighting them out of order or before you've found the Oath Grail is an absolute nightmare with boosted stats, incurable ring abnormalities, and them handing out SP draining attacks like candy.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

The Dark Id posted:

Can I be explained the process in which one turns a head inside out? That seems like it'd take some real skill to pull off, honestly.

It's easier than you might think, you just need some gum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Geostomp posted:

Wasn’t it supposed to be like fourth or fifth place in the timeline of the series.

There were a whole bunch of Xenogears references in the first Xenosaga including loving Vanderkaum for some reason.