Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
One of those almost makes sense.
Also we need more anime Roger bacons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Thats getting pretty close to 'turning myself into a splinter' levels of goofy there, Dehuai.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I keep being surprised at some of the lines Not bein Darkid's lines.

Its not Drakengard3 level, but up there.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
What was even the point of benching Alice if she's just gonna be fine after the bossfight?
Too difficult to program player choice at this point in the game?

Also good old gullible heroes..

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I like him more and more.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Dehuai just cant catch a break.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Allthough now I wonder about how well Dehuai's planned this thing with Li Li. Seeing as how Li Li's first act was to deathcurse Alice, the one person 'Tiny' presumably needs alive.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Well thats a better way to have a battle-including flashback about the main characters father, than having ones consciousness sent back in time and possessing the father.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I am surprised the game just took the old trope of four elemental temples away from us and reduced it to just the Tiger.

On the other hand it still loves those unwinnable bossfights.

(And thats not the voice I expected for Zhuzhen)

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Thats a neat pit fight quest. But I prefer the ones where you can use any character you want.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I was worried the game was getting to a Squall/SolidSnake-style electric torture scene with Alice for a moment.

Instead I got... well not what I expected.
(Guess she'll have to make due with roleplaying experience, instead of battle experience)

DeafNote fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Aug 26, 2018

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Sooner or later, it always leads back to resident evil.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Always nice when party members are forced to lag behind in levels.

Oh well Dehuai still cant get anything right.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Kevin reminds me of Shin Godzilla in his early state.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Hmm I dont know.
Yuri's a swell guy, but I like having souls.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Simon, dont suddenly start being a nuanced villain when you've been nothing but a gloating goon for most of the game.
How dare you.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Thats quite the music title for that berserk theme there

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
At least this god is as considerate of sidequest time as the meteor from FFVII.

They might as well be the same.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Maybe its the emulator, but when orange looks closer to yellow and yellow looks more like green.. you have a problem, game.

(Or maybe I was colorblind this whole time)

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
The best DS gimmick game will forever be Zero Escape.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Knowing me, I would waste my time on all six gauntlet runs.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

DiggleWrath posted:

Nice! Where did you get the last few? Of off those stupidly rare enemies in the ancient ruins. More relevantly, How many other places were there to grind for earth energy? I don't remember having problems with earth energy when I did my playthrough, so I suspect I got lucky or did some grinding in China.

At least it's Earth that's the difficult one to grind for, and not fire or something.

This reminds me that I still do not have the complete monster list in Nier Automata
:suicide:

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I never thought I would call a living mask a pushover, but there we go.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I do wish this game had more mechanically interesting superbossfights other than attack-attack-heal strings.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
This dungeon really does remind me of Kefka's tower

In that it seems confusing as all hell to even tell where you are going and what you are walking on half the time.

Also, boy was I sour when it turned out I had to fight a superboss with my weakest team in FF6. Though Relm managed to kill it in the end with a simple jab. (This was before I even knew about Relms ridiculous magic stats)

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Back when status effects were one of the few things that set a boss apart from other bosses and could still be thwarted by a single accessory.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

DiggleWrath posted:

Or three crucifixes, honestly. Most of these fights sound infinitely harder, or at least more annoying, without status immunity. I bet the endgame would be just as challenging (if even more of a slog) if you went straight into the final dungeon without doing any sidequests except to get 3 crucifixes.

I can count on my hand the final bosses that dont get nerfed into harmlessness with a good status negating equip. (Final Fantasy 9 didnt have one for instance)

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Ah so thats where that boss music is from that I kept seeing in everyone's top ten lists. (I am a sucker for those, sadly)

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
All I know is, I hope Shadow Hearts 2 gets LPed too because of this 'canon' ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
If this is the last Sacnoth Entertainment game I can at least pretend the good ending is the canonically correct ending...

Yes I know Shadow Hearts 2 does something interesting with this, but its way too soon to talk about that