Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Glazius posted:

"Looks like destiny was bringing us together... well, bye!"

I suppose that if you really believe you're destined for something, you run from it, and if it finds you again it really was destiny.
Look, he needs to go get paid and if he lets Yuri and Alice tag along they'll want a cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Illuyankas posted:

On another note, Tindeck is apparently closing down on August 1st and deleting all content because of the EU? So you might want to check out alternate music link arrangements if you weren't aware - you probably are, but I'm not confident that someone closing down their website because of an EU law (that I don't think was even passed) is competent enough to remember to email their users.
Dark Id is using youtube links for the music.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Shitenshi posted:

I don't get what the latter part of the first sentence is trying to say.
Yuri was previously unable to upgrade to level 2 fusions, but now he is. And level 3 if you get the relevant key item.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Geostomp posted:

Oh boy, here we go. So, we placing bets on just how many orphans turned into supernatural horrors we'll be facing this time?
Depends on how many random encounters we get into.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

placid saviour posted:

I haven't played this game, but what the actual poo poo?! Is this an overexaggeration or genuinely how the mechanics work? Because I can't fathom anyone thinking this is a good idea, much less a game dev.
I believe the HP drain is a fixed rate so it gets less relevant the farther in the game you are, but otherwise it is completely correct and far from the only terrible decision in the game.

For example, you have to choose between two battle modes, one of which gets you item drops, the other of which gets you XP. You can pick whichever one you want more or less whenever, but you can't get both from the same battle.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

CmdrKing posted:

Xenosaga 3 is a game in which Mary of Magdala's soul and cybernetically resurrected corpse have a beam struggle with boob cannons, because they have control over the powers of chaos, who did you know was ACTUALLY the power behind Jesus of Nazareth's miracles because he was just a dude with some revolutionary ideals, after which the main character chooses her abusive ex-boyfriend, whomst literally killed himself to distress her enough to finish building the Mary-robot and get emotionally attached to same, then five minutes later decides actually, wait, all that stuff you said was abuse which all my friends told me ten minutes ago, and stops. Then you fight some sort of robot that will reset the universe built by the devil, because it turns out humans suck SO BADLY that it's killing the universe because even after they die they hate other people so much they become ghosts (that's what gnosis are! Ghosts. Literally the souls of the dead refusing to move on.) it's causing the soul-death of the universe.
Xenosaga 3 is half of a good game and half of two other games smooshed together with so little breathing room it amounts to a plot summary, and the underlying plot is so loving dumb that it would take a lot of nuance and execution to give it emotional weight or resonance but... nope, all that happens in the span of 2-3 hours of gameplay, during which you have multiple long boss fights.
wait

that's what the deal with KOS-MOS is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Does it??? Is murdering every person on the planet somehow better than letting significantly less people than that die in a war? Simon has the most pedestrian take ever, people mistreating each other is bad, and the only thing he can come up with for a solution is "kill everyone and start over". He doesn't even seem to have any plan on how he's going to create a new perfect humanity after he kills this one!
Dead people can't suffer! :pseudo: