Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Kanfy posted:

On the opposite end once you have the timing down, you can kind of start destroying these games especially with certain accessories.

I haven't played it so I don't really know, but it seems like the games would be hard to balance for all the different possible rhythm skill ranges. Like the super jump skill from SMRPG, only applied to nearly everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

TalkLittle posted:

I totally wasn't expecting Margarete to join the team. I'd guessed you would fight her a couple times throughout the game, maybe as a midgame boss and again during the penultimate stage of the game as she acts as a decoy to allow the bigger badguys to escape to their final lair. Welp.

The flubbed bombing defiantly looks like they are setting her up to be the recurring joke villain like Dalton in Chrono Trigger or The Scorpion Army in Secret of Mana.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Ratoslov posted:

Wait, Nina punches out anyone who tries to date her mother?

Like, knocks unconcious? This little squirt? :drat:

Yuri's going to want to adopt this kid.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Were there any benefits to letting malice build up to fight fox face when the party is strong enough to kill him? Special story bits, unique drops, or the like?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Schwartzcough posted:

Ya know, if the people sealing up these ancient powers of destruction didn't want adventurers coming along and breaking the seals, maybe don't bind the seals to treasure chests full of goodies? Maybe bind the seals to piles of dog poo instead.

To break the seal and unleash the ancient evil, you must first stomp out this flaming paper bag.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Sterski posted:

Well gently caress anyone who decided to name Yuri something else I guess.

I don't know why I bother giving these people accents in my head when their one voiced scene is going to ruin it.

And you know, at first I thought I would just use The Star Player of the Zanarkand Abes and the others. I thought I could use their remarkable powers to benefit our nation. Yes... just like the Japanese army was trying to do.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Speedball posted:

The later games have some stupidly broken poo poo but this one is pretty decent on not handing out megalixers-I'll-never-use type stuff.

Instead, there are several dozen marginally different consumables to never use.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Really Pants posted:

Just remember, he's behind you 100%.

I wonder if the dad calling is an homage to the Mother games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

ultrafilter posted:

Albert's so charming you just can't help but like him a bit.

The best moment in the game is when he gets beaned in the back of the head from rubble. It's such a small touch but it goes a long way to making the character feel rounded.